• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter - GoF, The New Year

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
I'm making a Harry potter Game, it's based on the forth book Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire (GoF), The Games Name is The New Year, you do not play as Harry, or Ron, not even Hermione, you play as a new 1st year named Tro Medlov.

Story:

Ok, The story is basically the Gof Story But, You can change some events in the story by what you do and how you do things.
It also differs from some of the stroy because you don't play as harry or ron. you take lessons, and have breakfeast e.t.c, But a main difference is that your character is ummm. well i can't exactly tell you that it'll ruin everything :P [SPOIL="If you really want to know, spell Tro Medlov's name backwards and then take a guess"][/SPOIL],
but your character has dreams, dreams that may not be visions but make your character feel fear and anger for Harry. Also you have the ability to become evil and betray people, or be good and keep close to your friends, more of the story unwraps itself as the game carries on. The as you can change events and see different things, you could see moody put Harrys name in the Goblet of Fire, e.t.c, this makes the game more intresting as certain event's make you reveal thing that Harry may not of.

Features:

- An ABS (still working on but i have the basic ideas done)
- An CMS (Still have to work on it a little just to do things like adding the spells in the spells section)
- Options to change the events occuring
- Ability to be able to be Good or Bad
- Ability to duel people walking around if you accept it
- Ability to learn new spells and even the Unforgivable curses !

Pictures:

greathall.png

The Great Hall
commonroom.png

The Gryffindor Common Room
bedroom.png

The Gryffindor Bedroom
CMS.png

The CMS

Scompi

Holy crap, nice game! I dont like harry potter but, Cool graphics!

BTW love the CMS.

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Thanks for the comment's :D
The CMS just came to me lol , wasn't hard at all to draw
Btw the Charsets were made by me and the tilesets were off of ummm ... a site named : rmxp (dot) net
I'll be posting the Charsets later when i'm further through the game, Any one can use them if credit it given :D

More updates tomorrow !

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
looks kwl could you please tell me where you got the resorces couse ive looked everywhere (and asked in the recorces thread) and cant get any it is manyly the charaters i need

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Thanks for all the comments you guys :D, this is definitaly a game i will finish no matter what lol, i just need to get the main events done then i can add a demo.

spike6958 : i got my tilesets from rmxp (dot) net , as for the character sets, i made them myself, i'll be gald to post um later on in the production :P, just give credit if you use um.

Updates:
Well most of today i've been at school, and i only just got back from bluewater so the only updates i can add are all the floors i did yesterday.
I've finished all eight floors (including basement floors) i may have gotten where things are a bit wrong like the classrooms e.t.c, but the maps are finished and it took awhile to prepare them :P, in the demo, i'd like to know, by people telling me exactly where all the stuff goes like classes e.t.c :D

Working on:
I'm currently working on more mappin and events that are in the story.
I have to sprite hp bars and i have yet to complete a ABS, so all that will been done over the next few days

I'll get screenies of the maps soon, but for now i'll get back to work :D

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
ye the books casually refer to 7th floor or 4th floor before talking about a class that is going to take place. So you would see something like "Harry and friends were discussing what they were gonna do next in History of Magic as they walked down the stairs that lead to the 4th floor."

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Thanks for the idea dark dragon, and DD i think in the books it tells you were some classes are but i'm not sure if they telll you where everything is :D

I'll have to have a look, and i will post screenies (first i need to find our how to print a screen showing all the map without it being to small :confused: )

O and before i forget i added, a sign (like on pokemon games) at the top left of the screen, that tells you what floor your on and what lesson you're in :P

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Claire : Thanks for the comment :D

And heres the screenies :D, they may be a bit small :S

7thfloor.png

7th floor
6thfloor.png

6th floor
5thfloor.png

5th floor
4thfloor.png

4th floor
3rdfloor.png

3rd floor
2ndfloor.png

2nd floor
1stfloor.png

1st floor
basement.png

Basement floor

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
I'm now working on the first lesson (which so happend to be defence against the dark arts :P) which means i'm working on the abs, so i may be busy for awhile but i practicaly know how to do it :P apart from like beams, not just little blast u know what i mean?

So once i have my ABS done i can do all the lessons and then ill release a demo, i'll need some beta testers :D, if anyone wants to do it ? just post here or pm me

More updates tomorrow hopefully

Edit: Anyone know how i can make my player and the enemy in my ABS stay still when they shoot a blast? Thanks in advanced

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
well you can make a switch ,when you shoot a balst the switch goes on ,and the monster stays still if that switch's on!

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Not many updates today, i've sprited all the hero hp bar, its a wand (seems to fit in with it :D i wonder y :P) and i've started to make the hp systen for the ABS, but i still need a way to make the enemy stop when he casts (which what darkdoom says could work) but the hero's on may be different :D

And i've mapped up the Defence Agaisnt The Dark Arts class room.
Thanks for all the comments btw :D

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
Years
this game looks amazing. great screen shots, and the CMS is cool too.
cant wait for the demo :D

Back