• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Coordinator Grand Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alana

I still love this world...
Years
I haven't made an RPG in a while and compared with some of others this one is pretty short and simple. :P However, I hope to have some fun with it. I'd like to give credit to Naoko-Chan for giving me the idea to make a coordinator RP.

All your life you?ve heard about all the trainers that have entered the Pokemon League and challenged the Elite Four. After a while, you become bored with all this. Unlike most kids in your town, you don?t want to become a Pokemon master of a member of the Elite Four or anything like that. You want to try something different. But what can you do?

One day you see a trainer on the news. Oh yay. But there?s something different about this trainer. They?re not holding a badge, they?re holding a ribbon. You stare at the TV as the reporter talks about the trainer. The reporter calls them a coordinator. It?s nothing new. You?ve heard of Pokemon contests before. However, they aren?t very big news so you really don?t know much about them. But as you watch the report about the coordinator, you suddenly realize you?ve found something you want to do. It?s a different kind of training. And according to the reporter and the coordinator there?s a huge contest coming up soon. It?s still a year away but every town is preparing. New contest halls are popping up all over the place. This is your chance. Contests are increasing in popularity as people begin to become interested in the Coordinator Grand Challenge. To enter you need a minimum of ten ribbons. Are you ready to take on the challenge?

You will start by heading out with your Pokemon. The contests are still held solely in Hoenn so if you don?t live in Hoenn you need to start out on a boat, plane, Pokemon, etc. You can have up to three Pokemon. Just because you don?t want to become a Pokemon Master doesn?t mean you can?t already be a trainer. Now you?re on your way to get your first ribbon and start your journey to the Coordinator Grand Challenge.

Rules
1. No godmodding
2. No powerplaying
3. No spamming and no one line posts
4. Follow basic RPG rules
5. Enough rules. Just don't cause trouble and have fun. :P

Form
Name:
Pokemon: You can have up to three Pokemon and only one of them can be third stage.
Description: Pictures are allowed but if you don?t have one please use at least three lines to describe your character.
Personality: A couple lines here too. I won?t accept you if you just put a list of adjectives. However, if you want to reveal your characters personality during the actual RPG you can. Just put ?To be revealed.?
History: It doesn?t have to be very long but don?t put, ?I was born in LittleRoot and got my first Pokemon from Prof. Birch then saw the report and decided to become a coordinator.?
Other:
RP Sample: This is required of everyone no matter how many RPGs I?ve seen you in.

Mine
Name: Corona Taji
Pokemon: Quilava(Fire Paws), Pidgeotto(Ace), and Dewgong(Ocean Rider)
Description: Corona is a girl of average height for her age. She has dark blue hair that she always has tied back in a ponytail and she usually has an orange cap on as well. Her eyes are deep gold and she has fair toned skin. Her usual outfit consists on an orange tank-top and slightly baggy jeans. Her shoes are orange and she wears fingerless orange and red gloves. The red is on the wrists and the orange is on the hands. She wears a simple brown trainer's with six Pokeballs on it. Often she has on a red jacket with an orange symbol on the back. Her tank-top also has this symbol on the back only it is red. Around her neck is black Pokegear and she usually carries a simple backpack that matches the rest of her outfit.
Personality: To be revealed.
History: Corona is a fiery spirited girl from NewBark Town. She had a fairly normal life but often got into trouble because of her love of adventure. She was always wondering around the forest looking for Pokemon and new hangouts. Often she would climb a tall tree that rose just slightly above the others. Then she would sit on a large branch near the top and stare over the horizon.

When she was ten she went to Prof. Elm's lab to get her first Pokemon. There she met a perky little Cyndaquil who she instantly became friends with. With a smile and a wave she set off on an adventure. She never wanted to become a Pokemon master. She wanted to try something different.

The best part about her journey, in her opinion anyway, was all the traveling she got to do. In the four years she spent on the road she did capture two other Pokemon and battled a couple of gyms. Eventually her Cyndaquil, whom she had nicknamed Fire Paws, evolved into a Quilava. Her journey took her to Kanto then to the Orange Islands. She was back in NewBark Town about to set out for Hoenn when she saw the news report about the Coordinator Grand Challenge. She was drawn to the idea of becoming a coordinator and immediately decided to give it a go. She boarded the ferry to Hoenn a week earlier than expected and set off towards a new adventure.
Other: The symbol on her back looks like this. (Just without the flames. :P) It's the symbol for dragon.
RP Sample: The dark forest was eerily silent as Okita walked along the well known path. The light of the setting sun drifted through the trees and cast strange shadows across the ground. But Okita wasn't worried. She had traveled this path many times before.

The last rays of sun vanished and the mystical glow of the bright moon appeared. But even so Okita didn?t stop. She had to get home soon. But, as she continued on, a cold chill crept down her spine. She looked around casually and quickened her pace. Anything could be hiding in the dense thicket of trees on either side of her. Her hand moved to the hilt of her sword and her gold eyes darted here and there.

All at once, she heard a low moaning sound. Okita stopped, every sense on alert. The sound came again, but louder. Goosebumps crept up her arms as she turned. Though she couldn't see anything, she knew that something was standing on the path a few feet from her. Her sharp eyes scanned the darkness trying to catch sight of what was there. But it was too dark. The minutes slipped by. Okita's hand never left the hilt of her sword.

Then, without warning, the creature bolted. Okita only had enough time to draw her sword before the creature was upon her. A razor sharp claw as long as a dagger ripped through the air. The sound of metal hitting metal rang through the night as Okita swung her sword to block. The creature leapt backward then attacked again. It swiped with its murderous claw again and again and each time Okita blocked and countered with her sword.

The ferocity of the battle increased until both Okita and the creature were exhausted. The creature leapt backwards into a pool of moonlight. Okita's eyes widened as she saw what it was who had attacked her. Her sword fell to the ground with a clang and she stepped backwards in horror. "Senora?" She whispered in a shaky voice. (I really need to write a new RP sample. :P Oh well it doesn't have to be that great for me I guess. I can't very well kick myself out can I? :P)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
OOC: Can't believe I missed this! I changed her appearance, to a picture instead of a long description, because I like this picture and the outfit is much better. I drew this pic myself. Yes, I changed it again. -.-;;

Name:Alexandra (Alex) Moiarti
Description: Alex.
Personality: Alex is a one tough b*tch. Growing up in many different places in the world, she never learned how to make lifelong friends, but that doesn't bother her in the least. Alex doesn't hesitate to say what's on her mind at all, and in fact usually makes her opinion known to everyone around her. Her pokemon which are just as tough as she is help her beat her way through life. She's very rude, and having lived with a father only for most of her life, she's an absolute tomboy. Alex is sloppy with everything except eating, and has an issue with cleaning anything. She hates cleaning, but she can cook, and that's about all she can do effectively and perfectly besides fight and battle. She thinks very strongly of her rules and opinions, and one of her favorite rules that she'll follow no matter what is, 'Never turn down a fight, verbal or physical.'. She trains in fighting all different styles as a pastime, as she never really achieved any real friends besides her pokemon. She treats her siblings and father like barely accquainted friends, but not as family, as she likes to consider her pokemon her family. She's not very nice to people she doesn't know and technically anyone in general, but if you catch her in a good mood, at least you won't get a faceful of fist, which is usually her first reaction to people. She's always on offensive, and is usually one to start arguments. To the one's she considers true friends, which at the present moment consists only of her pokemon, she is a rather pleasant girl who laughs easily and smiles a lot. She's easily entertained when she feels safe enough to do these two things, smiling and laughing, but this happens rarely, and so far, only with her pokemon alone has this happened. When around strangers she is quiet and smooth, yet extremely easily annoyed and easily tick-off. Her temper is red hot, and she doesn't hesitate to show it.

History: Alex's mom was a very kind and gentle woman, bringing up her sister as a complete and total wuss, but she soon succumbed to a terrible bout with an unknown disease when Alex was 3, and so Alex doesn't remember much of her mother, and hasn't thought twice of it in a decade. Her father is a Biker, and is also a mechanic that fixes household appliances and pokeballs, along with other people's motorcycles and bikes as well. Her father didn't like to stay in one place for long, and so she was forced to travel around with him, to all the different parts of the world. After her mothers death, her father seemed to become infatuated with his motorcycle, which disgusted Alex to the maximum extent. She loved to sabotage her father's motorcycle, because it seemed that it got more attention than she did from her father. She did this with the help of her pokemon, and soon enough, she did so to the ignorant boys and girls who made fun of her at the various schools she went to. She got in trouble day after day for fighting with boys and girls, usually ending up in them breaking a bone. Her father was called upon many times, but each time he arrived at the school to talk with the counselors, he arrived in a drunken stupor, and Alex had to endure the punishments for making him tear away from his motorcycle and alchohol. She simply didn't care about her father's state, but she was certainly ready to ditch her father and so she did. Traveling with her beloved companions and a good amount of stolen pokedollars, taken from the satchel in her father's motorcycle seat, she got her trainer's liscense and began her journey, a way to start her life over…in a way. She battled a lot in her life, and in the end, felt that nobody was good enough for her anymore, and so, deciding to try out her sister's profession, she decided to become a coordinator that would blow everyone away with her battling and appealing skills.

Pokemon:
Hitmonlee (M)
Name: N/A
History: Hitmonlee was Alex's training partner from the very start. They fought together, sharpening their skills until there wasn't much else to achieve, therefore as they battled their way through thick and thin, Alex is most attatched to Hitmonlee than any other pokemon. Hitmonlee is at the peak of his age in strength, being born a few years after Alex herself, he was her gift as her first pokemon, though since she was not allowed to use him in actual battles at the age of 4, she started to train him up for the day's of which she would be able to trample people in battles with Hitmonlee. He's never yet failed to lose a fight for her, including the 2 gym battles she's participated in.

Breloom (M)
History: Breloom was captured when it became angry at Hitmonlee for battling against one of it's friends. It put up a fight, but Hitmonlee as powerful as it was easily overcame the hapless pokemon. Breloom was a last minute decision capture. At first, Alex was going to just defeat it and let it go, but after seeing the puny pokemon struggle to the very end, she decided that she'd end it a little faster and captured the pokemon. After rigorous training with Hitmonlee and Alex, it became halfly the justice of what it could do, but it still has plenty a ways to go.

Ariados (M)
History: Ariados was that neighborhood Spinark that freaked all the local girls out of their wits for fun. After all the screaming and jumbled chaos was over, one little girl the age of 8 stood defiantly facing the buggy pokemon. Thinking she was merely frozen in fear it crawled over and with one defiant stomp from a freshly trained Breloom, it was knocked out like that. Angry that a GIRL of all humans had caught it it scuttled around her room causing absolute mayhem and noise, but seeing that the tomboy didn't care it angrily settled in the mouse hole. With some beckoning from Breloom it slowly scuttled out. It soon realized that his trainer was no ordinary girl when she forced him to helplessly chase after Breloom and Hitmonlee as they jogged ahead. Determined to show the teasing pokemon ahead of him what he was made of within a battle of which Alex had reluctantly let Spinark in, his will evolved him into a fast and powerful Ariados, who always outsped the other two pokemon.

Other: Call her by her first name and you're nothing less than dead.

RP Sample: Ivory stared out at the blurred streets. The downpour was her absolute favorite. It made things about ten times colder in her home.
She sat in her icy blue window seat, her sparkly white diary sat open in her lap, as she chewed idly on the blue eraser of her mechanical pencil.
After scribbling down a few pleased thoughts onto the blue lined paper, she signed her name with an impressive swipe, and snapped the book shut.
She'd taken off her baby blue sleeveless over coat, draped it across her black bedsheets so she could feel the dry icy air against her pale skin as she clipped her stringy black hair back with blue bobby pins, her black hiking boots soaked as they sat next to the front door.
Her room was plain enough, for her at least. The entire room was made nearly all of Stainless steel and glass, white, blue, and black as the color scheme, making the room feel colder than it really was. Just the way Ivory liked it.
As some extremely irritating rock music wafted through the house she stood from her place at the window seat, diary falling off her lap to the floor, tossing her legs over the edge as she kicked the wall opposite. As she did so, the glass pokemon sculptures on her steel dresser moved delicately from their stations, leaving a clean place where they'd protected the dresser from settling dust.
"What?!" The annoying voice of her older brother asked as he was interuppted in his head banging.
"Shut up!" Ivory yelled "Your music sucks!"
"What?!" He replied, turning the volume on his stereo down.
Ivory made a face at the wall, as her brothers room was unfortunately right next to hers.
"Stupid sister." She heard him mumble from his open door.
"Mleh!" She muttered as she stuck her tounge out at the wall.
Ivory plopped herself down onto the plush white carpet. She was very particular about any stains on this carpet, even more so than her mother, who freaked at every stain, and usually broke down. There was a reason everything in the house was nearly made of glass and stainless steel. The only room in the house that looked non-glassy/metal was her brothers room.
Why?
Because in his crazy guitar playing where he hopped around on the furniture, it would be very unfortunate if he missed his target. His music could shatter the glass anyway.
Skar ruffled his feathers as he replaced his head in his wing. It was a gloomy day for most of her pokemon, but to Ivory, it was merely mellow, uneventful. Events were bad. Change was bad. Her pokemon were scattered around her room. She took this moment to notice that none of them were small, none she could cuddle and play with...unless she was desperate and wanted to play with Kingdra...that'd be awkward...
But regardless, she smiled. Who needed cute pokemon when she had these kick-butt pokemon? Besides, if anyone thought of trying to kill them, they could defend themselves, without making a puddle of tears over it.
Ivory sighed as she picked up the diary, and placed it in the secret compartment drawer on the inside of her desk, and she placed the white pencil with the blue eraser into the glass pencil cup.
Sitting down in front of her vanity she examined her reflection. Warily she picked up the silver brush and dragged it through her hair, making it thinner then it looked before, as she grimaced, she stuck her tounge out at the reflection.
'I look like I just got out of bed!' Ivory thought to herself.
{Crazy peoplez...} Skar snorted into his wing, twitching and scratching Black Ice, making Ivory jump out of her skin as she turned around with a start, Black grunting loudly in surprise.
"Stupid bird." Ivory shook her head with a chuckle, as Glalie shot an intense glare toward his companion as he resettled against Cloyster to go back to sleep. Ivory smiled as she watched her pokemon nap, all piled in a clump, Kingdra draped across the top of them, his head resting on the back of Skar as he also was annoyingly awoken, but he, being as patient as he was, simply mumbled his name before falling back asleep.
Ivory took one last glance at her reflection, before settling back into the window seat, watching the traffic pass by her home. She could name each and every passing car, who's home they belonged to, and usually, she could even name who was in it, but today, the windows already blurred as they were, she could only make out the outline and color of the passing vehicle.
'That's Mr. Johnson, followed by Ms. Mendez...and Mrs. Graham coming back from the nursery........and........ She thought as her eyelids drooped over her vivid blue eyes.

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
I was tempted to use another character, but I'm not that familiar with her... so I'll use the character that I most often use in a Pokemon RPG...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Kelsey Fables (aka Silphia)
Description: Silphia is about 5 feet tall and quite thin. She has straight, shoulder-length, dark red hair and dark brown eyes. She wears a flowy, mediumsleeved lavender shirt, a long blue skirt, light purple socks, and black sandals. She also wears glasses and an aqua hat.
Personality: One can say Silphia is mentally strong but physically and emotionally weak. Though she is very smart, her emotions can fog her mind completely. She tends to be modest and quiet and gets depressed quite easily, and she also has very bad luck thanks to Celia (see history). When someone compliments her or says she can do something, she often doubts it. Yet on the plus side, she has a very strong connection to her Pokemon.
History: Silphia, due to conflicts between the sides of her family, was born under a curse by her great-grandmother Celia. She didn't have a mother and her dad was quite poor, so Kelsey kept living in and out of an orphanage. Her favorite Pokemon was always Kirlia--in fact, the other kids in the orphanage called her the Kirlia Kid. Her dad lived in Saffron City right across the street from Sabrina's house. Sabrina was just as young as Kelsey was--about 6--but Sabrina didn't want the two of them to be friends because of her psychic training. Yet Sabrina was the only peer around, so Kelsey had no friends early on in her life. In fact, this sparked Kelsey's interest in Kirlia and psychic Pokemon in general.

Kelsey started her journey when she was ten, with Ralts as her first Pokemon. All things went well--she cought a couple of Pokemon, and Ralts evolved--but after that, by a stroke of bad luck, the evil organization Team Shockwave stole Kirlia away and abused her for quite a while. Kelsey barely hung on for the remainder of her journey, also meeting a fellow trainer named David. Eventually, Kirlia was mysteriously returned to her, but in very poor condition. It took Kelsey quite a while to bring Kirlia back to her senses, but she was still awfully depressed thanks to Shockwave's torture.

After David won the Pokemon League, Kelsey decided to go her separate way. One reason for this was because not too long before that she lost a battle with Celia and didn't want her luck to rub off on David. So Kelsey left, giving herself the nickname Silphia for security and confidence purposes, and continued her journey on a sad note. She didn't want to battle that much, and Pokemon were her sole passion, so her only hope was becoming a coordinator...

Pokemon: (all female and non-shiny)

Kirlia: Kirlia, as stated in Kelsey's history, was Silphia's first Pokemon and was stolen by Team Shockwave. Shockwave's abuse of her, when combined with the nature of a Kirlia, gave her a highly saturnine and pessimistic nature. In fact, her very body turned almost gray. And even after Silphia's treatment, that scar still remains forever... Kirlia will fight hard against her true foes, but other than that she's very quiet and doesn't have that much confidence.

Ninetales: Ninetales was the first Pokemon that Silphia caught--as a Vulpix she was the only Pokemon Silphia had after Kirlia was stolen. In the months that followed that incident, Silphia, still heartbroken, traveled around with Vulpix, and Vulpix (and later David) was the only reason that Kelsey stayed alive, even just barely. Ninetales, as opposite to Kirlia, has quite a bit of confidence and also seriousness, but she gets out of control when one of her tails is broken.

Misdreavus: Kelsey first caught Misdreavus after she met David. Over time, Misdreavus's personality grew much darker. Yet though she's pretty much sadistic, she's also quite intelligent and creative, and she would protect Silphia with her life if she had one. Her favorite moves to use are Shadow Ball, Curse, and Perish Song. Though personality-wise she sort of resembles Celia's Banette (which once drew Kelsey away from her), Silphia knows she's on her side. In fact, once Kelsey and Misdreavus tried to put a curse on Celia as an act of revenge, but that also made Kelsey's own curse worse... just like karma.

Other: Silphia can do one more thing that will be revealed in the first post...

RP Sample: Soon after, Kelsey heard footsteps, but she didn't dare turn around. However, all it was was David.
"You know what, Kelsey?" he said sternly. "I think I'm going to travel by myself now, since Ash and the gang are going their separate ways. And I'm leaving you because... because, well... Secretly, I did see the last part of the battle, and the look on your face when you saw Celia and her Banette. Kelsey, why did you run away? Why did you just forfeit the battle?"
"I... was in shock..." Kelsey replied with sadness and embarrassment.
"You know, Kelsey," David continued, "when my mom sent me along on my Pokemon journey, she told me to find a traveling buddy. But she also told me that that traveling buddy must be a good trainer and a good friend, and one that offers me happiness and much help. You've helped me with a few things, but you didn't meet much of the other requirements, especially not the happiness and friend part. And now that I see to it, you're not a very good trainer either. Though we never had our battle, I see now that I could have beaten you easily. In fact, you're pretty darn selfish and way too emotional for my taste. You know, you could use some alone time, and, not to mention, I'd think you'd be best off alone. I can't help you in any way.
"I'm not asking for help, David... I just want you to... forgive me."
"Forgive you? For what?"
"For what you saw there. It was supposed to be a private battle..."
"Even if I didn't see the end, I would have seen your expression and figured it out."
"And you don't think I can help you any further? Because I really could!"
"Yeah, you know so much about Pokemon, you know-it-all, but I just don't like you, so I think I'll go find someone who I don't have to be jealous of, someone who is happy, someone who is helpful but not a showoff, someone who is normal."
"But David... nobody's normal..."
"Well, you know what I mean... But you have these weird abilities, and..."
"What weird abilities? I don't know what you're talking about!"
"Heh, you're practically a human version of... what's that Pokemon you told me about... eh, I can't remember... Well anyways, SPEAKING of remember, you seem to be able to memorize things instantly as well as predict the future, and you can even use telekinesis!"
"No I can't!" Kelsey blurted right when David said the last word.
"Yeah," David sassed. "You used it during our encounter with Team Shockwave!"
"But... that was my egg, not me!"
"Your egg. You expect me to believe an egg did that? You certainly are pathetic, just as Celia said. I think she's got a perfectly good reason to hate you. Well, Kelsey, it's getting late, so I better go now before I receive any more bad vibes."
"But David..."
"Goodbye!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^^The egg she's talking about there hatched into a Drowzee that Shockwave stole for good... And she's right, she can't use telekinesis... what was David thinking??

Alana

Years
Naoko_Chan and Ninetales you are both accepted. ^_^ There is also a spot reserved for xXkillaXx. I will wait until tomorrow to start this.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I changed her appearance. =.= Again. Lawl. I finally got off my lazy a*s and drew her myself. Just thought you might want to know. Anyway, are we starting on Sunday?

xXkillaXx

Banned
Years
I'm a newbie to the RP stuff so here i go
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Form
Name:Nick Kenta
Pokemon:Typhlosion ♂(Doom)Moveset: Sunny Day,Flamethrower,Ember,Scratch,Mudkip ♂(Zuna)Moveset:Take Down,Tackle,Waterfall,Rain Dance,Ivysaur ♂(Solar)Moveset: Giga Drain,Solar Beam,Vine Whip,Growth.

Description:Hes Kinda Short for his age at 142cm,Emerald oval eyes,Light skin and has black hair that spikes up everywhere but he tries to prevent anyone from noticing my wearing a aqua blue headband with a black [X] in the middle.He wears a red Jacket with a hood similar to team Magmas except instead of the M it has a Dark Blue {+} and he wears some blue jeans,dark blue running shoes and has some black gloves with grips.
Personality:Nick's a hot headed guy whos anger gets the better of his judgement sometimes and once even shouted at a Judge for giving him a 25.1 as points,he is always shouting at people for calling him short aswell and hates Team Rocket(explained in history).On the plus side he is a very good move tutor.

History: It doesn?t have to be very long but don?t put, ?I was born in LittleRoot and got my first Pokemon from Prof. Birch then saw the report and decided to become a coordinator.Ok here goes nothing.Nick is a 15 year old boy that came from Pallet Town and when he was 5 somehow a pokemon spread poke'rus onto him it had a terrible effect on him he was being slowly transformed into a pokemon and getting paralyzed every now and then one day a group of famous pokemon researchers(Prof.Oak,Prof.Birch,Prof.Elm and Researcher Gary)found a cure for it and vacinated him immediately.He never got to see the outside world until he was ten and got a Bulbasaur from Prof. Oak then he started traveling to become a pokemon champion in the Johto reigon but one day Team Rocket/Neo Team Rocket stole all his pokemon at the time(Ivysaur and Mudkip)later on depressed he found a Quilava on a ledge above a raging river(about to fall)and he saved it's life and caught it in a Great Ball he meet Team Rocket/Neo Team Rocket later in Olivine City and Demands for them to return his pokemon but when he sees their faces he laughs because their Jessie and James who ask him to battle them for his pokemon and he wins his pokemon back.When a trainer Gym Leader named Morty defeats him in a Johto Gym Battle he gives up battling and goes to the Hoenn Reigons Verdenturf City because he heard it was good for health.One day he hears on a News Flash about The Coordinator Grand Challange and signs up immediately because he won at the Verdanturf Normal Rank Contest and says hey why not and that rounds it up i think.(it can be changed if you want)

Other:Call him short and your facing a full temper destruction machine.

RP Sample:Soon after he saw the news flash and Nick was walking in Petalburg Forest something behind Nick is making footsteps he turns around but it seems to be a Golem and Nidoqueen then he attacks them with a water gun from Mudkip but nothing happens he soon sees that they are acually Butch and Cassidy of Team Rocket and they both choose Houndoom it knocked a flashback into Nicks brain it was the same pokemon he caught Poke'rus from!
So he wanted to finish the battle quickly so he choose Typhlosion and Mudkip."Typhlosion Flamethrower and Mudkip water gun,''he ordered them to do but Mudkip was to busy chasing Houndoom around to hear Nick but Typhlosion KOed Butch's Houndoom.Then Butch choose a Himnotop and said ,"Himnotop Rolling Kick on Mudkip knock him out." While Cassidy said ,"Houndoom bite on Mudkip now!"Then Mudkip fainted and Nick brang out Bayleef and said ,"Typhlosion Sunny Day and Bayleef Solar Beam!" It knocked out Himnotop but didn't even scratch Houndoom!Then Cassidy shouted,"Houndoom nows your chance Overheat on Bayleef." Bayleef fainted so it was now a battle of the Fire pokemon Nick said,"Typhlosion Flamewheel defeat his Houndoom now!" Houndoom had fainted and Nick ran away to the Nearest cities(Rustburo) PC and healed his pokemon staight away.Soon he saw Morty at Rustburo and Morty said,"Why were you holding back at our Gym battle," and Nick replied,"I wasn't holding back," but Morty said,"Oh yes you were i didn't see you even try," and Nick asked,"Why are you in the Hoenn Reigon anyway?"Morty replied,"I am just exploring and you are weak then if you weren't holding back."Nick replied,"I am not weak I just didn't see that Hynosis and Dream Eater combo coming."Then Morty just left.(I'm no good at this so tell me what you think)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i need to do anything tell me.

Alana

Years
OOC: So far everyone is accepted. Randall you have a spot reserved. I'll go ahead and get this started.

IC: Corona leaned against the rails and stared out at the sparkling ocean. Fire Paws stood on his hind legs beside her. They were on a ferry headed to Hoenn. They had their sights set on the largest coordinator contest in history. The Coordinator Grand Challenge. Neither of them really knew what to expect. They didn't know very much about contests. Having never set foot in Hoenn before, this was a totally new experience.

'It's an awesome sight isn't it?' Fire Paws turned his head to look up at Corona.

She gave him a nod. A soft breeze swept across the ship. Corona closed her eyes and lifted her face to enjoy it. "I wonder what Hoenn's going to be like. I've heard there are all kinds of cool Pokemon there. I haven't seen too many Pokemon native to the region."

'Nor have I. Many battles and challenges await us. It's going to be great.'

"I have no doubt." Corona smiled and looked down at Quilava. "The biggest Pokemon contest in history. I wonder what it's going to be like."

The fire type smiled and said, 'It'll probably be like Pokemon Leagues. Only more trainers. I bet a lot are going to be like us. People who have never entered a contest before. But we're not really here for glory or anything.'

"That's true. We just want to try something new. Pokemon training is fun, but there are so many trainers and people trying to become Pokemon masters. I think it's great that there's finally something different out there." They were silent for a time.

Suddenly Corona straightened up her eyes glowing. "Look! That's it!" She pointed over the ocean to a speck in the distance.

'Hoenn approaches.' Fire Paws grinned and climbed onto the rails for a better look. The speck in the distance was slowly growing larger. Soon they would be in Hoenn and their new adventure would begin.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
"Hey, stop it you two." Alex said boredly as she flipped through the latest catalog for gloves of all kinds, in which she was mainly looking at fighting gloves "You're making a racket."

<'No we're not.'> Breloom mumbled as he dodged a flying kick from Hitmonlee <'We're'> He dodged a well aimed pincer from Ariados <'Training.'> He said flying a kick right toward the spider pokemon's abdomen.

<'Oooh, ouch, that hit the spot.'> Ariados said sarcastically as he scuttled away in a very spider-like fashion.

<'Hey, this is training not squish the isty bitsy spider.'> Hitmonlee said shaking one of his three fingers at Breloom.

<'Not my problem.'> Breloom said shrugging <'Happens all the time he's not dead yet. Hey, you realize we're not the best pokemon for appealing right Alex?> Breloom asked his trainer as she turned a page.

"Who cares?" Alex said brushing it off "I don't. Trust me, with Ariados's creative talent, we'll pull off into the battles, and we'll blow them away there."

<'Yeah,'> Hitmonlee said nudging Breloom in the ribs <'Artistic Talent.'> The two fighting pokemon broke out in hysterics as they remembered their comrade's incident with the Smeargle in Jhoto. As they laughed, Ariados sent a poison sting toward them to shut them up. Much good it did as they continued to laugh even more.

<'Shut up! That smeargle had it comin' for me!'> Ariados snapped, shooting string shot at them to cover their laughter <'Why me I have no idea, but why not you guys?'> He muttered to himself.

<'Because you're a Johto pokemon. I'm a Kanto, and Breloom is a Hoenn. I'm sure it was looking for some natives to play a prank on.'> Hitmonlee said in between his laughter, as Breloom nodded.

Alex remembered the incident all too well. It was a mere 2 days after Spinark evolved into what it was now, and well, a passing Smeargle decided to draw crazy faces all over Ariados, and it was almost impossible to get off, so Ariados had to battle and walk around with ridiculous drawings on it. Breloom and Hitmonlee never let him live it down.

<'Hey Alex, see those trainers over there?'> Breloom asked pointing a red claw towards a gaggle of pokemon trainers, calling out their pokemons names and training for gym battles and contests <'Why don't you nickname us?'>

"Because I lack the mental ability." Alex replied sarcastically.

<'Aye.'> Ariados said, agreeing.

Alex sent a death glare toward her pokemon, and said "No, because I think nickname's are for little itty bitty pokemon like Skitties and caterpies, now get over it."

Ninetales1

Years
Silphia and her Pokemon, as well as at least fifty other people including the crew, were on a ship headed for Lilycove City in Hoenn. Most of those people had boarded at Vermillion City or Olivine City, but Kelsey, along with only two other people, boarded right at the start from Valencia Island. She had just left David, who lived just south of the Orange Islands, and was headed towards the source of the coordinator challenge.

However, the voyage wasn't exactly pleasant. At the present moment, the ship was caught in a storm, complete with loads of wind, thunder, and rain. What was worse, whirpools surrounded the ship in every direction--there was no way out. It had remained in this condition for about an hour already, and many of the guests were getting restless and cold. The inside of the ship was totally packed with people, but not everyone was inside. At the back of the ship, sheltered from the rain by an overlying cabin, Silphia and her Pokemon huddled together on a bench.
<"Brrrr! Freezing!"> Kirlia exclaimed as a spray of ocean water washed over them.
<"I hope this isn't how we look at the start of the tournament!"> Ninetales hoped.
<"If I was mortal, I would feel it too!"> Misdreavus commented.
"Well, it's not like this is the first time it's happened," Kelsey pointed out, referring to the times in the past when her own bad luck impaired her journey. "But then, what about these other people? This curse rubs off on everyone..."
<"And that's why you broke up with David,"> Ninetales affirmed.
"I wish it didn't have to affect everyone like this--I feel so guilty!"
<"I just wish we could go inside--I feel so cold!"> Kirlia wished.
<"I wish we'd get out of this mess,"> Misdreavus added. <"I feel so rushed! If we don't, we might be late for the tournament!">
"Good point," Kelsey commented. She knew that nobody would postpone a huge competition just for one dinky little boat in a storm, and this made her worry more and more as time went by.

xXkillaXx

Banned
Years
As Morty disapeared into the distance Nick thought how he was going to get to Lilycove City and he thought long and hard then he just remembered that a Ocean Liner called the S.S Tidal that had just been made and would arrive at Slateport in 10 days

Nick then said,"Go Zuna,Doom and Solar," and Solar,Zuna and Doom said together,"Hey whats happining are we at Lilycove already.

"Nick replied,"No not yet but would you like to go to it by taking the ship leaving to Slateport and go on the S.S Tidal to Lilycove or just walk there?"

The 3 Pokemon replied,"Lets take the ship."

So they went aboard the ship and looked back as Rustburo got smaller and smaller in the distance.

The ride was very smooth and Nick and his Mudkip went swimming while Typhlosion argued with a Charizard when suddenly the waves came big.

After the waves were going about 20 feet high it started to rain torrentialy and the load speaker went on,"DING DONG this is Captian Briney speaking go back to your cabins this rain is going to get rough."

Everybody went into their cabins and Nick dried off Typhlosion with his towel,"I hope this doesn't postpone the time before we get to Slateport," Nick hoped.

Nick knew that if the boat became like the abandoned ship he saw near Dewford Island they would send rescue missions.

"DING DONG this is your Captian speaking we are stoping at Dewford Island to refuel."

Nick thought he should go restock and heal because his Typhlosions have many scratches on him because of the arguement becoming a battle on the ship.

Alana

Years
Corona stared up at the sky and sighed. "At least we managed to miss the rain."

'That's something. And we're here.' Fire Paws grinned. He knew what was on Corona's mind.

'Don't worry. The rain'll let up soon and we'll be on our way.' Ace flew over and landed lazily on Corona's shoulder.

"I'm gonna have to put you on a diet. You're getting heavy."

'Am not.' The bird Pokemon grinned and folded his wings. 'Where'd Ocean Rider get too?'

"I think he's outside enjoying the rain." The three were in the Pokemon Center of Slateport. Corona was staring aimlessly out the window at the rain while her Pokemon chatted about the upcoming contests and journey through Hoenn. It wasn't that Corona didn't like the rain; she just found it annoying at the moment because it was delaying her trip. "It was bright and sunny the whole way here, then boom. Rain and storm."

'Relax. The rain will clear up soon and we can be on our way. But for right now, we should get something to eat. I'm starving.'

"All right we'll get something to eat. But no desert for you. I don't need my shoulder collapsing the next time you land on it." Ace chirped indignantly and pecked at her hair. Fire Paws laughed and scampered off towards the cafeteria.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
Sorry it took so long but how is this? I can change things if needed.

Name: Chris Lotes
Pokemon: Squirtle (F)
Name: Shorty
History: Shorty was Chris' favorite pokemon groing up. She did everything with him. Though she isn't evolved she is a very strong pokemon. She fought a Raichu and came out as the victor. She will do anything for Chris, even stay a Squirtle. She wants to evolve but Chris is afraid of what will happen when she does, this is why he is very careful around her.

Umbreon (M)
Name: Shadow
Umbreon was Chris first pokemon. Chris recieved the baby Eevee from his brother who's Vaporeon had a litter of Eevee's. They baby was a shiney black color. He named him Shadow because of it. His first years with the Eevee were tough because it didn't listen well but fought strong. He evolved the Eevee without realising because this was the first evolution he had seen. It was just done battling a Onix. After Eevee's evolution, Umbreon was much more mature. Now ten times stronger as before, the shiney Umbreon is Chris' strongest.

Description: Chris is a 5'10" tall 18 year old who normally looks relaxed. He wears a light brown pair of shorts and an short leave shirt. The shirt is a striped tee, with the POLO logo on the top right corner of the shirt. He wore a pair of Nike Shocks, which were blue and black. Chris' two favorite colors. His hair was brown, short, with blonde tips. His eyes were brown as well but most of the time you could see them because Chris always wore sun glasses.

Personality: Chris is a very laid back kind of guy. Sadly that is his best and worst quality. It gets him in to trouble with his elders but gets him in with the ladies. WHen he gets yelled at he normally sits with a grin and just laughs...In turn gets him in more trouble. He is very sly as well. He can get a way with alot of stuff, if his cool doesn't go to his head. On the down side, when he gets in trouble, its bad. So he has to use his ablities to duck out of them most of the time.

History: Growing up in Rustboro was tough for Chris. He could never get to his friends house in Little Route with out his brothers pokemon. At the age of 8 his brother gave him one of his Vaporeons offspring. It was a shiney Eevee. Its color was black and nobody liked it besides Chris and his family. Once he started fighting of the wild Wurmple's and Poocheyena's. He was now brave enough to go Little Route by himself. He has loved his pokemon and raised them ever since. He was hangin out at his buddies when on the t.v. there was a program on Pokemon Coordinating. Chris quickly fell inlove with the idea and set off to become a pokemon Coordinater.

Other: none

RP Sample:
(Using an old sample if you dont mind.)
Shou walked down the streets of the small town. Humans and other creatures were scurrying about their business. Selling their ??quality?? items. Shouts of Bargains entered his ears. But Shou continued on. He was not interested in foolish items. He was a Demon. Of human appearance, yes, and he was always like that. He needed not lesser nutrients. His white Cloak and hood appeared not to be touched by the dirt and filth of the street. His face was soft in appearance and comforting. He seemed kind enough, his baritone voice kindly refusing all the offers handed to him. Thanking the shop keepers for their kindness and all.

Then, a small child ran into Shou and fell over. Shou kneeled down to pick the child from the street floor. The smile and soft features were still on his face. But the eyes had changed tone into a darker, crueler, colder yet the eyes burning with rage. The Child??s happy face turned to that of horror and ran off like he had seen a ghost.

The villagers looked oddly at Shou, and Shou took his hood off of his head, his face was back to normal, kind and comforting. The villagers seeing the face saw nothing wrong, and thus came to the conclusion that the child had probably imagined something. Life returned to normal.

For the moment, he will allow the lesser filth to run free in the lands of Ordek. But soon, Shou will claim his true title, Kurayami no Shou, so as to declare dominance over the living and the dead alike. Control the past and the present and thus dominate the Future with the choking alliance of Darkness and Fire.

Alana

Years
All right you're accepted. You can go ahead and start. I don't have an IC right now so I won't post one.

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
Years
If there is any more room

Name jalen
Age 15
Gender male
Pokemon Blaziken, Pikachu, Seal
History was alright. people thought was to literal so he wanted to get away

With his pokemon Blaze,Pika,and Seal jalen set off on an adventure. Not to long just to catch some pokemon. On the way he met Old Man Riley. He learned a lot untill the old man died. He left a note saying someone was gonna kill him today. But now it happended.

Alana

Years
Sorry Zerro but I can't accept you. You're gonna have to put soem more effort into your sign up sheet.

xXkillaXx

Banned
Years
As soon as Nick healed his 3 Pokemon he began to wonder why it rained so hard.Then he just thought about the Legendary Water Pokemon Kyogre but it couldn't be revived from a slumber so long.

Nick then went to buy some Super Potions and Great Balls before reboarding the ship.When he boarded the ship again it continued to go.

Suddenly it started raining torrentialy again and Nick went in his cabin to sleep.When Nick woke up he could see Slateport in the distance about 500 Kilometres away and his cabin door opened and a boy named Ash asked if he would like to battle and Nick said,"No thanks i'm not the battling type."

Ash walked away depressed and Nick thought that he had just avoided a rough situation.

Suddenly the load speaker went on,"DING DONG! This is your captian speaking we have made land in Slateport city you may now leave the boat."

So Nick left the boat and went to the Pokemon Center to dry off and get a room for the night because it was still raining here but not as hard as in Route 108.

Ninetales1

Years
OOC: I'm about to introduce a new character, but he won't be entering the competition. He's just there to bully Silphia--Kaida is to Silphia as Gary is to Ash.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The rain got heavier and heavier with each second, and the boat rocked more than ever. Commotion from up above told that people were getting restless and seasick.
Good thing we didn't have lunch, Silphia thought.

A few moments later, a flash of white light appeared to the right of the ship, accompanied by a boom of thunder coming from the same source as the light. A giant thunderbolt had struck the sea not too far from the ship's side. This jolt caused the ship to tilt a bit, and a wave of water flashed across the back of the ship, drenching Silphia and her Pokemon. Gusts of wind came from all directions, and a few seconds later a tall but skinny tornado appeared behind the ship. This tornado started moving away from the ship, taking the whirlpools that once surrounded the ship with it. Within minutes the sea began to calm, though rain was still coming steadily down and there were still gusts of wind remaining.

"Why couldn't the wind stop too?" Silphia complained. She and Ninetales were shivering vigorously, Misdreavus felt embarrassed with a dripping-wet hairdo, and Kirlia was spinning around to shake herself dry.

"Having a good time, Kelsey?" said a man's mocking voice from Silphia's left. As Silphia looked up, she saw someone riding on Gyarados with a Hitmonlee and a Manectric behind him. The man had pale, spiky hair and wore a long, faded, blue coat. Silphia recognized the man immediately.
"Kaida," she said under her breath, glaring at the man. Must have been his Manectric who fired the thunderbolt.

As Silphia continued staring, Kaida's Gyarados rested his chin on the railing on the back of the ship, allowing everyone off. Hitmonlee came striding off and landed gracefully in front of Kirlia (and made her stop spinning), followed by a bounding Manectric, and lastly Kaida. Pushing his Pokemon aside, Kaida came face to face with Silphia till he was uncomfortably close. There was a long pause full of tension between the two faces.

Then the moment happened. Kaida made to grab Silphia's arm, but Silphia had already kicked Kaida in the stomach and ran out from under him.
"Gee, you're low," Silphia commented at the same time that Kaida blurted "****, you're fast."
"You!" the rivals shouted in unison, pointing fingers at each other.
"What are you doing here?" they asked, again in unison.
"Looks like you're giving this crowd a wonderful time," Kaida teased, gesturing at the cabin where all the other people were.
"Looks like you're in trouble," Silphia sneered, gesturing behind her at the ship's captain.
"What's going on here?" the captain demanded. Instantly, Kaida and Silphia pointed to each other while still looking at the captain.
"He doesn't have a ticket," Silphia blurted before Kaida could comment.
"Sir?" the captain asked Kaida with a suspicious tone in his voice.
"Who says?" Kaida replied, turning his nose up like someone selfish would.
"I do," shouted a woman from behind, who was running towards them. "He saved our lives!"
"Heh, that's right," Kaida agreed in a prideful tone.
"Is this true?" the captain asked excitedly, turning towards Silphia.
"He didn't save any lives," Silphia answered. "In fact, he made them worse."
"But at least he cleared up the weather!" the woman commented.
"His Manectric did," Silphia added.
"Yes, but I'm his trainer," Kaida retorted.
"You think you're superior to your Pokemon," Silphia mocked as she walked away from the conversation.
"You're so weak you surrender to them," Kaida called after her.

Silphia walked back to the bench where her Pokemon were. By that time the rain had stopped and the sky had lightened. However, Silphia and her Pokemon were still in the dark--Misdreavus was glaring at Kaida like Silphia did before. Silphia sat down on the bench next to the still shivering and pouting Ninetales, looking down at Kirlia and wearing a saturnine expression. Meanwhile, the crowd around Kaida continued to grow.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
OOC- Okay sorry but, I'm sorta new to this so dont yell if I mess up

Name:
Toruko
Description: Toruko is a tall figure with a well built body. His sapphire eyes are clearly visible below his matt of messy brown hair that reaches just half way down his ears. He wears an orange T-shirt with khaki shorts that end just below his knees. He is slightly sun-tanned, showing all his time traning in the outdoors
Personality: Toruko is usually a very good natured person. He trys to be nice when ever he can but at times he can lose his temper. He can be a clutz, but always corrects himself when he can. his one fault is that sometimes he talks to fast or slurs his speech.
History: Toruko was raised in Pacificlog town and always loved the sea. He spent almost all of his life before he got his pokemon exploring islands, so now he has the perfect locations for training. He was never really popular but always had enough friends to get him through. He wanted to become a coordinator ever since his sister, Robin, started being one.
Other:... Toruko is a straight A student
RP Sample: Toruko slipped through the trees and stopped at the clearing he was used to. Footprints polluted the dusty forest floor of the island, they were fresh, about a day old. Someone had been at his training hollow. He shrugged it off mildly, trying to focus on his training for the upcoming contest, but he couldn't get over it, why had they been here, on THIS particular island?
--------------------------------------------------
Pokemon

Gardevoir- Gardevoir is Toruko's best pokemon. He recieved it as a Ralts as his first pokemon, and they've been best friends ever since.

Tropius- Toruko found Tropius as a baby on one of the islands of Pacificlog and raised it ever since. Tropius was his second pokemon that he caught.

Vibrava- Vibrava is the newest edition to Toruko's team, he caught it as a Trapinch when visiting the Desert over near Mauville.
-----------------------------------------------
Toruko stared across the sea. He was waiting for his Sister to arrive off of the ferry coming from Olivine City. He knew that the storm would slow down the boat but they would still come right? He sighed in relief as the storm started to clear,
"That was sudden..." he murmerd
A voice from the loudspeaker located at the top of the contest arena rang out acros the bay "We are now taking admissions to the Coordinator Grand Challenge!"
Toruko sighed, he would have to go sign up soon, but he had to see Robin. He decided he could spare a moment and ran across to the line. The line moved slowly, people shook the water from the rain off his bodies. But soon enough he made it to the registery counter.
"Pass Please" the woman said.
Toruko handed his pass and started to tap his foot impatiently at the foot of the counter.
"All set Toruko, the contest starts in 2 hours"
Toruko nodded his thanks and headed back for the railing. He desperatly hopped that Robin was there

Last edited:

aquakirby

*Your ad here*
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2016
OOC-Im sorta new too, so here I go.

Name: Junior
Description: Junior has fair skin with a very fit body, along with wearing a red shirt, blue coat, baby blue pants.His red bandana makes his hair stand up, so its easy to see his topaz colored eyes.His hands always seem slightly stiff.
Personality:Junior is good natured with a gentle temper.He can be very clumsy yet Lucky,trying to make himself physicaly and mentally strong.
History: Junior Used to live in Blackthorn City, but moved to Rustboro to travel Hoenn.Since he seems to always stay in the town, he has a few freinds.He wants to be a coordinator just to see what things are like.
Other: Expert cook.Goes to sea often.
RP Sample: Junior starts go to Mauville to Battle trainers east of the town when suddenly when he goes in the grass a vine trips him over. He goes back on the trail, ignoring the strange and important event.A few seconds later another object trips him. By the third time he decides to avoid the grass for now as he was in a hurry.

Pokemon

Espeon (F)

Espeon was Junior's second Pokemon after rasing it from an Eevee he recived from Bill. Espeon is kind-hearted, but seems to always steal something from someone.

Haunter

Haunter is Juniors first and strongest Pokemon since its left hand has massive dark energy for an unknown reason.It seens playful while hiding in shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back