• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
Years
  • Yes, I am finally reviving the famous "A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed" the first ever RPG that I posted on these forums, and that got a lot of respect and attention. Anyway, here it is...

Storyline

Professor Oak, the famous Pokèmon Professor, and renowned artist in Pokèmon Poems has opened his laboratory yet again, for a group of young trainers, intent on claiming the title of "Pokèmon Master". This time, however, the Professor has decided to give the children a much larger variety of Pokèmon to choose from. He has told the children that they may choose any Pokèmon which they want, apart from any Dragons or any Legendaries. He says that they are too rare to have as starters.

You see these posters all over the walls in your home own, and rush to Pallet Town, wanting to begin your Pokèmon jouirney. When you reach the laboratory, you notice four other trainers also standing outside the laboratory, and realise that they must also be here to get a Pokèmon.

Professor Oak then opens his laboratory doors, and one by one lets in all of the other trainers to choose their Pokèmin, including you. Once you get your Pokèmon, all five of you, without knowing it, head off in the same direction: to Viridian City.

But just before you reach Viridian City, you see a flash of pallid blue light, and you are drawn towards it. Once you step inside the light, you fel as if you have been knocked out, and when you wake up, you are far from home...

Mission

Little do you know, but you have just found out another completely differrnt region. Your mission in the RPG is to find your way home, without disrupting the peaceful life of the Pokèmon without humans. Yes, you may catch some new Pokèmon, but make it realistic.

But remember, you do not know where you are.

Other Bits of Information

I will only allow five people into the RPG, including me. This means that once I have accepted four other people, no one else may join.

I will not tollerate one liners, so if you like to post one liners, please do not join in here unless you decide to turn over a new leaf.

Also, I would like it if you did NOT write in chat-speak while in character, and use proper English or American grammer

Rules

-No Godmodding.

-If your are injured in the RPG, do not miraculously get healed, unless there is a reason to it, like a Miltank, or a Chansey.

-Remember. You have no clue where you are, and what you have to do. So please don't immediately start off in a direction whcih you think is home.

-No random teleportation. For example. Don't say this: I went into the forest. I came out of the forest with my new Pokèmon."

-Make everything you do very realistic. Action scenes. Emotional scenes...the works.

-Also, try not to use nicknames which have already been taken. For example. If I have a Charmander by the nickname Blaze, then don't use the nickname Blaze, or anything with the root word of Blaze, for any of your Pokèmon.

-You may catch no more than six Pokèmon.

Form

Name: (no specifications here)

Pokèmon Team: (you will catch new Pokèmon, so update this when you catch new Pokèmon. Just remember...NO LEGENDS)

Pokèmon Team-to-be: (post the five other Pokèmon you will catch, and at what stage)

Personality: (in detail if you please)

Description: (in detail if you please)

History: (in detail if you please)

Extra Information: (optional)

My Form

Name: Jake Shyndow

Pokèmon Team:

Pokèmon Species: Cyndaquill
    Nickname: Flare-Tamer
    Obtained: As a starter from Professor Oak's Laboratory

Pokèmon Team-to-be:

Bellsprout – Vine-Trap
    Tyrogue – Fist-Fight
    Geodude – Rock-Hard
    Pidgeotto – Sky-Walker
    Poliwhirl – Little-Champ

Personality: There is no other explaination for Jake except that he his a loner. Ever since he was orphaned at the tender age of six, Jake has always kept himself apart from other children. He only began to talk with other people when he turned twelve, and that was only with really small children at the orphanage. Jake trusts no one, and when he begins his Pokèmon journey, he doesn't even trust his Pokèmon one hundred percent. This lead him into many different traps, and only by uniting with other people, can his dreams be fulfilled

Description: Jake is at average height for a fourteen-year-old. Not too short, but not too tall either. Just normal. However, he may seem tall at first glance, because he is very skinny. He loves the colour black, and that is the only colour which he would wear. He has black hair, which falls down infront of his sapphire eyes in spiky bangs. He alwats wears a pair of black fighters gloves, the type that stop at his knuckles. And when he begins his Pokèmon journey, he wears a pair of baggy black jeans, with a loose black tank top, and black sneakers.

History: Jake was orphaned at a very young age, and all he has as a recollection of his parents are a picture with his parents holding him in their arms. He was sent to the Pallet Town orphanage, where he lived until he saw the posters advertising Professor Oak's latest idea. His only friend is a six yer old girl by the name of Gemma, top whom he tells all of his troubles to.

Other Information: Jake is very fast on his feet. You'd be hard bent to catch him, let alone try to race him. This ability of his makes him a very nice person to befriend, although Jake believes strongly against this thought.

That's all for now. Join up, to enjoy this RPG.

~DS~

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
  • Name: Rai'Andure Kaine (prefers Rai)

Pokèmon Team:
    species: Poocheyna
    Nickname: Dark-tooth
    Obtained: Through Professor Oak, as a starter pokemon

Pokèmon Team-to-be:
    species: Caterpi (will be a butterfree, much later on)
    Nickname: N/A just caterpi
    Obtained: found injured, i try to take care of the little creature

Species: Abra
    Nickname: N/A
    obtained: found in my first battle with Dark-tooth (see above) i make a lucky catch

Species: houndour
    Nickname: Dark-flame
    Obtained: i have to work hard to gain this little pokemons trust, it follows me around but i can't seem to catch it

Species: eevee(to be a vaporeon if it's ok)
    Nickname: Aqua
    Obtained: the eevee bumps into us and demands a battel, and reluctant to give up i take it's challenge.

Species: Noctowl
    Nickname: Silver-Wing
    Obtained: Watching some of my battles the Noctowl is impressed enough to join me

Personality: Rai used to be scared of everything, but as he grew up he learned that he shouldn't fear what he doesn't know about because then he would never become a seasoned traveler like his older sister, He can seem to be dark and uncaring, but inside he hurts, and he tries his best not to give in to the tears but soemtimes it gets too much. As soon as he makes new friends he warms up to them quickly, and will do anything to protect them.

Description: His white hair is mainly short except for two long distinct strand of his fringe which read down his forehead like a spider. His soft blue eyes explain alot about him, he has a scar under his eye shaped like a crescent moon, he doesn't knwo how he got this he just knows it's there. He usually wears a Torn shirt and white denim crop shorts

History: Ever since he was a kid his older sister has usually looked after him, when she was around. He looks up tio her and misses her alot, But due to no one else caring about him than his sister he has felt lonely and wont usually let anyone in, he never really had friends, with his dark stare the kids he knew never wanted anything to do with him. His mum and dad left when he was just born and left him in his sisters care. The one thing he wants the most is friends.

Extra Information: His personality reflects ntohign of his true self, he is more liek a mute, he tries not to talk. the two things he is good at most are Swimming and climbing trees, and when he get's up into the trees he is usually hard to find or catch

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Name:Riddel (Ri-Dell) Viper

Pokèmon Team:
    Species:Ariados=Dart (Are evolutions allowed?)

Pokèmon Team-to-be:

Seviper=Venom
    Arbok=Toxin
    Beedrill=Needle
    Muk=Acid
    Herum=Herum (made-up pkm will desc. later)

Personality: Riddel is a cold and rude girl. She doesn't like conversing with anybody but poison pokemon, and herself. In fact, she doesn't really like anybody but her pokemon and herself. This often makes her looks stuck-up, because she believes that she's too good for anybody else, giving her an aloof and distant appearance. She doesn't mind this though, because it just makes people avoid her more. She's very reminiscent, and likes to play with any kind of cards, preferrable poker or tarot cards. Riddel hasn't been outside in about 3 years, and is slightly violent to any remark made to her. She likes seeing people fight, including herself, but avoids verbal fights. She hates sympathetic people and people who pity her for her past, and she'll often break to peices when someone even remarks about her past and she'll become a girl who's blind from everything around her and deaf from any sounds as well. She will speak to someone, either to introduce herself with her first name only, or to say a plan. Otherwise, she keeps everything to herself, including her thoughts. Her trust is hard to gain, mainly because of her past, and it's very hard for her to like any human anymore. She's easily hurt, and she hates lies, deciet, and broken promises.

Description: Riddel has on black boots with a belt buckle at the top, that hangs over her shins. She doesn't often wear the longsleeved overshirt that is pictured in the picture, but instead takes it off and reveals a spaghetti strapped white shirt, with long black fingerless gloves that reach two inches above her elbow. She has on a brown choker, that's much like the color of her brown pleated skirt, and her long indigo hair almost never seems to get even slightly rumpled, even after strong winds and rain. Riddel's eyes carry a gloomy blankness that feels like a cold glare, even if she's just thinking about what someone has just said. (If the picture doesn't work, here's a different link for it Riddel again It's the same pic, different photobucket accounts)

History: Riddel jumped from orphanage to orphanage, after her life was shattered by an unknown assailant, who murdered her parents for her father's unpaid debts at the age of 4. For the sole reason that she was just a strange child she didn't stay one place for very long. She was so rude to the orphanage owners in most cases, they punished her day and night. She didn't mind peeling potatoes at all, or writing 'I will learn manners' 100 times every other hour. Riddel was often called 'Riddle' because her personality really was a riddle. After many different places saw her face, she began to forget many different places she'd lived in, until she got landed in an abusive orphanage, which made her slit her wrists and arms. She got into the habit of cutting the same scars and scabs over and over again, resulting in deep grooves and white marks all over her arms. In the end she felt it was stupid to do this, and began to refuse to cut herself. She was beaten each time she refused, and learned how to fight for herself, and after about a month of this, a rich couple took the abused child away. It wasn't much of a change though, as the two were never in their expansive mansion, and the girl they'd adopted was silent and never left the beautiful room Riddel kept dark. Eventually, the maid who took care of her suggested going on the journey, with pokemon that would keep her company, instead of humans. It was certainly better then nothing for the maid when Riddel pulled up from her bed and left the house with the same possessions she had traveling from orphanage to foster home, save for a wad of pokedollars and a fresh change of clothes. She vowed never to cut herself for any reason and is now simply a sullen and gloomy girl, instead of a girl who fought over anything.

Extra Information
    : Her voice is Hoarse a lot from disuse, and she's almost blind in her left eye.

Last edited:

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • OOC; Oh...finally, a promising role-play. And look, I'm already in one of DS' role-plays XD

Name: Toren Mitsuro

Pokèmon Team:

Species: Growlithe
    Nickname: None
    Obtained: The Lab

Pokèmon Team-to-be: Scyther, Pidgeotto, Vulpix, Psyduck, Spoink

Personality: Toren is usually very timid and quiet, shy in other words. He would rather smile and nod then talk a lot. However, he will speak out to voice his opinion or help someone in need. He is loyal to his friends and is very honest and truthful. He can be helpful in tough situations, and will try to do his best at everything he attempts. He looks at the world as just one large library, of sorts. When he's not drawing or playing with his pokemon, he usually dives into some sort of book, whether it be one about fantasy or a biography. Most of the people he knew thought he knew everything there was to know about any subject, but he realizes that he is far from it. There are so many things he wants to learn and know, yet not enough time. If only there was some kind of machine that would let you download facts and information into your brain, yet he knows that technology like that is probably far off from his lifetime.

Description: The clothes that he wears are pretty normal. For his top half, he has on a dark blue shirt with a fold-out collar. He normally wears regular blue jeans, but sometimes has on khaki pants. He basically wears white socks and black shoes with silver streaks on them. His hair is a medium brown color and is just all over the place(Eh, I don't know how to describe hair ;_; ) His eyes are light blue, and he is slightly tanned. He always wears his silver necklace with half of a star on it. Also, he always has on his black silver watch and fingerless gloves, though he sometimes keeps the gloves off.

History: Toren lived in a simple house in Pallet Town. He has a mother, father, and a two sibling, a little boy and a little girl. He is the oldest of the family, and so is the first one to go out and start an adventure. As a child, mostly what he did was watch Pokemon battles on the TV and learn as much as he could about battling and anything that had to do with it. He had always dreamed of catching his favorite pokemon and becoming the very best, and still hopes to accomplish that idea today.

His father is a Pokemon researcher, not as famous as people like Professor Oak, but tries as best he can. He tried to pass along his skills and knowledge to Toren, but Toren had an air of adventure about him and wanted to go out and explore the world, that's why when he saw the Professors posters he rushed home to tell his parents, then packed up and headed to the lab. He's usually the type to make spur-of-the-moment decisions, that's why he had already planned what to do right when the posters first appeared to him.

Extra Information: Toren sometimes draws in his spare time. He has been doing it most of his life, but he is still not that great at it, or that's what he seems to think. Sometimes he will draw Pokemon, but he will also occasionally draw nature scenes that he think looks good

Last edited:

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • My first RP... Tyson bribed me with his hamburger... -.-'
    Name: Jen
    Pokemon Team: Eevee
    Nicknamed: Cinna
    Pokemon Team to be:
    Growlithe- Streaks

Pidgeot- Pidgeot

Houndoor: Shadow

Nidoran- Nida

Raltz: Raltz

Personality: Jen is sweet, but hardly anyone knows that because she hardly ever comes out of her house. She has few friends, but is loyal to them all. She hardly ever speaks, not even to voice her opinion. She's a fantastic writer, and thinks of writing a book about herself some day called, "Speak now or forever hold your peace." She calls it, "The perfect sentence to describe me." She's addicted to her GameBoy. She is also very shy, and gets freaked out by pokemon bigger than a Flygon. She isn't exactly a social butterfly, either. She has hardly ever lied in her life, she knows that if she does, she gets grounded from her precious game boy.

History:
    Jen had been lonely most of her life. Her parents had divorced six months after she was born. She now lives with her father, who was probably much better to live with than her mother. She became addicted to her gameboy when she was eight years old. She never had anything to do except sit in front of the TV all day. Her father decided that she should do something else, so he got her a gameboy. From then on Jen had spent almost 24 hours a day staring at it, playing a game of some sort.

Description:
    Jen is always wearing Her favorite dark, denom flares and a shirt that rises above her belly button. Her shirt is a shade of dark green, and she always wears a denom jacket over the short-sleeved shirt. She has a skinny figure, and her brown eyes match her long, dark brown hair. She always wears a green jewel clip in her hair, she calls it good luck. Her necklace is made of jade, and it's in the shape of a rabbit. She says, "I only wear it for two reasons; One because my grandmother gave it to me, and two, I can't play my gameboy without it."

Extra Info: Jen is pretty much good at everything except gym. She hates gym. She says, "All it is is running around in circles, shooting a ball into a net, and all you gain is sweat!"Jen also very much loves drawing pokemon on the computer. At the early age of 12, Jen got accepted into an intermediate oekaki. Now, almost all of her pictures get archived.

Last edited:

Vintaoron

Sweetest Darkness
    Years
  • Name: Shiko

Pokèmon Team:
    Species: Eevee = Kitsuni (will evolve into umbreon later)
    Obtained from Professor Oak.

Pokèmon Team-to-be:
    Secies: Mighteyena = Vinta
    Obtained as a Poocheyena outside of Veridian.

Species: Houndoom = Oron
    Obtained as a Houndour near Saffron.

Species: Ninetails = Shippo
    Obtained as a Vulpix before entering Cerulean.

Species: Delcatty = Kirara
    Obtained as Skitty on bicycle road to Fucia.

Species: Persian = Bunza
    Obtained as Meowth from rescuing from a pokémon poacher.

Personality: Shiko is a very happy person, though his appearance decieves this. Anyone he meets he tries to become friends with. His motto is "Anyone who hasn't hurt me, I consider a friend! =^__^="

Description: Shiko has dark purple hair, shoulder-length with the left side fraying out. He is dressed in black and chains. A black, sleeveless vest covers his top area. On his arms are black armsocks. He wears a chain necklace around his neck with the pokéball of his first pokemon, Eevee. He wears black pants, heavily decorated with chains. Upon his face, he wears fake wiskers, along with fox ears on his head, and a fox tail.

History: He was abandoned as a child. Some kind-hearted people took him in. These people taught him to be kind to all. Hence his personality. The dark clothing was influenced by a trainer he met one day while he was traveling to Pallet. His purple hair is natural. His adopted-parents believe he may have some relation to Sabrina, the Saffron gym leader. This is even more confirmed by his slight psychic ability to sense when danger is near. (If that's not allowed, I'll take it out. ^__^; )

Last edited:

Deathspector

Years
  • OOC: Great, you're all accepted. And Diamond~Star, I'm glad that Tyson bribed you. Sorry about kicking you off from the other RPG. Have fun here, and make the most of it. That goes for everyone else. And naoko, every **** RPG that I start you join...Lmao. And of course evolutions are allowed.

I'd like to make a special announcement:

SIGN UPS ARE NOW OVER. I WILL DECLINE ANYONE WHO SIGNS UP NOW< SO REMEMBER THAT!

IC:

Jake Shyndow was ready.

Whatever was waiting for him, he was ready for it, and wasn't going to pull back now, not after all that he did to get permission from the orphanage to come here. He looked around at the other children, all about his age, who had no doubt come here for the same reason. He felt bad that so many of them had a family to say goodbye to, while all he could say goodbye to was Gemma, who had accompanied him to laboratory, clutching his hand tightly. She looked very worried, and held Jake's hand so tightly that it hurt.

"Jake Shyndow," came a loud and commanding voice from inside the Professor's room.

Jake looked down at Gemma, and slowly prised his hand out of her grip. He looked up at the door, took a deep breath and stepped forward. his entire body was flowing with energy as he opened the door, and walked in. He saw Professor Oak standing behind a desk, with a cipboard in his hand. He looked older than Jake had suspected, with white hair, and a small stuble.

But he could still smile.

"Please close the door behind you, Jake. This is a time for you alone, and no one should hear what you have to say."

Jake immediately slammed the door shut behind him, and turned back to face Professor Oak.

"Good," he said, smiling warmly, "now, do you have any idea what Pokèmon you would like?" he asked.

Jake nodded. "A Cyndaquill, please."

"Let me tell you a little something about Cyndaquill. Cyndaquill as a single Pokèmon is rather weak in cmparison to other Fire type Pokèmon. It relies on the flame on its back to be lit before it is able to use any Fire type attacks. Also, it has a horrible fear of anyything bigger than it, and will often huddel behind thier trainer. You must be brave for it. Are you still willing to take Cyndaquill?"

Jake nodded again.

Professor Oak smiled, and pulled a pokè-ball from the shelf behind him, and handed it to Jake. "Take good care of him."

Jake then opened the door, and stepped back into the main area of the laboartory. He smiled at Gemma, and she jumped up into his arms. For a long time they stood there in that embrace, ignorant to the outside world, before they broke apart.

"Take care, Gemma," Jake whispered in her ear, before turning his back on his only friend in the world, and walking out into the open.

This is it...

Vintaoron

Sweetest Darkness
    Years
  • Shiko's entire body was trembling with excitement. The memory of the kind two people who took care of him for as long as he could remember telling him to do his best on his jouney both relaxed him, and caused him to be even more nervous.

Seeing the first person exit from the office with such a confident look on his face only caused him to smile in happiness for him.

He then heard the call, "Shiko Aginawa," in that kind-sounding, yet booming voice that belonged to Prof. Oak.

His whole body froze. He could not pull the courage to step foreward. It was until someone shoved him, that he just stood there, staring blankly.

He turned around to give everyone a smile before stepping through the office door and looking at the old man that had helped many, many trainers start their journey before him.

He slowly closed the door behind him and sat down, nervous to say anything.

All Prof. Oak did was give a heart-warming smile and ask Shiko the question that had been asked millions of times in the past, "Do you know what kind of Pokémon you want?"

For a few seconds, Shiko sat there with a dumb grin on his face. It took him a few seconds before he answered with a quiet voice, "Do you have an Eevee?"

Prof. Oak looked at me with a big smile this time, "Why, of course. I haven't heard anyone take Eevee since my grandson, Gary. Now. When it comes time for evolving Eevee, I hope you are comfortable with whichever element you choose to evolve it. Or you can simply leave it as an Eevee. Are you sure you wish to take it?"

The words stuttered from his lips, "Y..yes, Sir."

The Professor did not go to the shelf that was full of Pokéballs. Intstead, he opened his desk drawer and pulled one out, placing it on the desk infront of Shiko, saying, "Take it Shiko, and start your journey."

Shiko grabbed the ball, standing. He politely bowed to the Professor, and quickly turned out of the room.

Once he was outside, again, he smiled at everyone who was watching him exit the room. Shiko did not waste time getting away from everyone's view. Once he was at the back of the group, he sat staring at the pokéball in his grasp.

He decided to meet his new friend before heading out of the town.

He tossed the sphere toward the ground, saying, "Come out, Eevee."

The pokéball opened, and in a flash of light the pokémon was sitting there, staring up at Shiko with its amber eyes. It gave what looked like a smile, shouting happily, "Eeyee!"

Shiko smiled greatly. He took the brown ball of fluff into his arms and laughed. The cute pokémon seemed to like him. He patted the creature on its head and said, "I think I'll call you Kitsuni."

It tilted its head, then smiled happily, "Ee!"

Shiko then stood up, staring down at his new companion, "Let's get something to eat before we leave!"

He turned his back to the group and headed toward the little restaurant that lay a ways away from Prof. Oak's laboratory. Kitsuni quickly followed at his heels. His journey had now begun, the mysteries of the future awaiting him and his partner.

Deathspector

Years
  • OOC: Nice post, but juts to l you know, gary started with a Squirtle. he caught an Eevee later on, but never mind that. Also, I'm extending the number of people to seven, MariaJet is joining. No one but MJ can join. Sorry for the completely OOC post, but I'm allowed, I'm the Gamemaster.

*Gets fed to Dragons*

Lmao

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
  • I was sitting outside in a comfortable corridor, it looked homely yet aloof at the same time, it was a strange thing to feel.
    I felt the excitement arise within me, i could barely sit still, every few minutes i would stand up, but decide agains't walking round, instead i stared at a mirror i produced from my pocket, and the boy who stared back was so similar but he seemed so far away, his white hair, and facial features just like mine, and his smile was warm to see,
    I put the mirror away as someone shouted
    " Rai'Andure Kaine , come in please"
    suddenly the nerves began to build up, i wondered if i was rewady, so many questions whizzed in my mind, i hoped Professor Oak wouldn't see me as just another kid, i hoped that he had the pokemon i was looking for
    And i hoped i could live up to my sister
    I walked through into an office like room, the room was furnished in oak colours and other earthly colours, and i looked across the room to see shelves of the red and white capsules we called pokeballs
    "well hello there Rai'Andure" he said warmly but with an age of respect
    "erm professor just call me Rai please?" i asked a little intimidated
    "Oh, of course, yes well i grow tired of asking the same question, but what pokemon do you want?" he said, weariness resounded in his voice, and i knew straight away what pokemon i wanted
    "POOCHYENA!" i yelled, and then realised what i had done, so i apologised to Prof. Oak and asked
    "could I have a Poochyena please?" and i went quiet hoping and wondering
    "Ah a hoenn pokemon, i have a few of them, here wait till i go get one* he said walking over to the stack and automatically picked up a pokeball and held it out for me to recieve
    "oh thank you professor, really i can't thank you enough" I said barely holding the tears back, but realising what i might do i pushed crying from my mind and accepted the poochyena
    "and i will name this Poochyena Dark-Tooth" i exclaimed, "oh and thanks alot Prof.OAk" i said running out the door smiling liek there was no tomorrow...

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Jen expected everyone else in the room to be calm and still, unlike herself. She was nervous, hoping that Prof. Oak wasn't some evil dude trying to take over the world. Jen closed her eyes and gave a little moan. Dizzy, she curiously looked at the varieties of the other people around the room. Although they all had one thing on common, exactly the opposite of what Jen was imagining.
    They were nervous, they were definitely not calm, and they were silent.
    "Jen, Jen? Is there a Jen in here?" Came a loud booming voice, as a head popped through a door. Jen thought she was going to faint.
    "Umm, I'm r-right h-here, professor." Jen stood up, with her legs trembling. She noticed that Prof. Oak didn't say her last name. Jen hated her last name. She never told it to anyone.

Jen about lost her balance from just walking to the door.
    "Well, C'mon in, Jen."
    Jen slowly and silently followed the man into a pretty big room. Jen got dizzy, again. This is what she thought she heard the professor say,
    "Woub bloo blike bo boose bour bokemon?"
    "Do... you have an Eevee?" Jen looked around the room, with her nails dug into the palm of her hand.

"Yes, sure, an Eevee!" Professor Oak turned away from the red and white orbs called pokeballs. He opened a drawer, with another pokeball, and examined it closely.

"Here you go, Jen, have a nice journey. Remember, choose it's evolution carefully, if you even want to evolve it."
    Jen cautiously took the pokeball, and also examined it, with fear.
    "I-is it safe?" Jen asked.
    "Of course it is! Now, go on."
    Jen was rushed out the door, out of the room, into the fresh air. "Eevee... umm... come on out?" Out of the pokeball came a furry, brown and tannish colored...thing. Jen hopped back and shrieked. Eevee blinked and looked around her. The eevee crept closer to Jen and head-butted her leg. it gave a small, excited shriek. "Umm... hi..." Jen cautiously took the eevee into her arms, and stroked it. "Do you mind... if I call you... Cinna?" The eevee gave a little shriek of excitement and nodded.

"What do you want to do, then?" Jen seemed the tiniest bit more confident. Eevee ran around in a circle, attempting to find a butterfree to play around with. "You won't find anything here," Jen informed. Eevee headbutted her master again. "I don't think I'll be needing this pokeball for awhile..." Jen put the orb back in her backpack.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC:See? Deathspector IS nice. So there was no need to freak out D~S (Wow this is going to be confusing between the two of you.) And yes, I do join every **** RPG you make because they rock. Actually I was planning to join the original one of this, but I missed it, so now here I am.

IC: Riddel was already on her way to the lab, flipping through a pokemon definition book. How sad it was that she'd agreed to this, but, it might be nice to try something...new.

She'd known exactly which pokemon she'd wanted and exactly which moves she would teach it. Perhaps she would stop by Celadon for a few TM's.

Looking up from her spot, semi-in-front-of-the-lab, she glared. So many trainers... horrible day. She bypassed each and every one of them, each one looking a little too happy to be...real.

She stopped at the corridor and knocked on the lone door.

"Eh?" Professor Oak poked his head out and said "Oh, you must be the girl who's coming from Cinnabar Mansion, yes, you certainly look like the description, come on in."

Riddel faltered in her step inside the room, thinking it might just be a trick to get her back into an orphanage, but she continued after Professor Oak held the door wide to reveal a room filled with pokeballs...It was so bright...

"Which pokemon would you like?" Professor Oak asked kindly.

She stared around in a sort of glare and said hoarsely "Ariados."

"Oh? I was expecting you to pick a fire-type, knowing you've met and often go to Blaine's laboratory?" Professor Oak said cheerfully, sifting through loads of pokeballs "Ariados are hard to find you know....not that spinark aren't hard to find but it's a hassle evolving them."

Riddel tuned the last part of Oak's speech out, and said "I work, with Blaine, on days that I feel moderately okay. I'm a lab assisstant, and I keep my mouth shut. That's why I'm allowed in there."

"Well naturally Blaine hardly allowed ME inside his Lab, but it's very advanced wouldn't you agree? Besides you certainly look like someone who doesn't-AHA!" Professor Oak stood up triumphantly holding a pokeball "This is Ariados. Take good care of it. It's a poison bug pokemon, and it doesn't like many humans."

Like me. Riddel thought, taking the pokeball from him "Thank you." She said turning from the room and leaving before the crazy Professor could ask her anything more about herself.

She stared down at the pokeball, the transparent cover revealing a sleeping spider. (I'm goin' by dah manga) "Ariados..." Riddel said in a semi-pleased voice, before lazily dropping the pokeball to the ground, releasing the captive pokemon as she caught the sphere again.

"RRrrr..." Ariados mumbled as it groggily woke up, standing up on it's legs in a daze of sleep.

"Come on." Riddel said, walking ahead of it.

The surprised Ariados had question marks hanging over it's head, but it felt the girl's imposing aura, and knew if he didn't follow her...he might get squashed like the little spiders that crawled on the ground. And so he did follow her...with a grudge.

"I suppose we're going to Viridian?" Riddel asked the Ariados.

"RRrrr..." It replied.

"My name?" Riddel scoffed "Is that important?" She quickened her stride. She was ready to get this day over with.

<'Well,'> "RRrrr..." Ariados said, also quickening it's pace.

Riddel stopped "Did you just say...'well'?"

The Ariados rolled it's eyes and shook it's head before continuing. He had an idiot for a trainer!!! He wondered if he'd get a nickname...he highly doubted it because of this tough and unbreakable girl being his trainer for the next few...years...maybe eternity!!! Ariados almost let out a screech fit only for a spider, but kept his mouth shut with a small scale string shot.

Riddel looked down at the spider's mouth and sighed "Rabies already?"

"RmmMRrrm." Ariados retorted before spitting out the string shot <String shot.>

"For what reason remind me-" Riddel was cut off by an obnoxious ringing coming from on of her jacket pocket, which was tied around her waist She quickly opened the pokenav and spoke "Hello?" In a bored voice.

"Got your pokemon?" Asked a stern voice from the other side.

"Yes." Riddel replied with a heavy sigh.

"Oh that good, take a side trip and gather some fire pokemon for me, oh, and some fossil's if you will." Blaine said from the other line as his Rapidash snorted.

"Sure thing Blaine." Riddel said sarcastically, "I'm definetly gonna go hunting for rocks just for you."

"Thanks." He replied, just as sarcastically when he hung up.

"Well, we've got a mission to do...once we get there anyway." Riddel shrugged "Hopefully it won't be soon, or else I think this journey is going to turn into a mission vacation." She said rolling her eyes.

<'Who's Blaine?'> Ariados asked.

"You don't want to know." Riddel replied shaking her head "Enough talk for today."

<'Oh we've a silent one on our hands.'> Ariados said smirking, and recieving a hearty death glare in return.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Toren sat quietly in his chair and looked around nervously. He noticed that many of the other kids had already been called in, and he was of the last ones there. He was nervous, excited, curious, and shocked all at the same time.

Wow….this is really it. I can't believe I'm actually going to get my own Pokemon. I mean, father always let me play with Magneton and Electabuzz, but to think that actually get my own is almost unbelievable.

"Toren Hale!"

Toren stood up cautiously and entered into the main part of the laboratory, looking around until he saw the famous man, Professor Oak. Toren felt honored to be in the mans presence.

"Now, Toren, which Pokemon would you like to choose?"

He asked calmly, staring straight into Torens eyes with his own. Toren felt..almost at peace around the Professor. He had such wisdom and knowledge, that being around him made Toren so peaceful, and yet so nervous.

"I think…I would like a Growlithe.."

"A Growlithe, eh? Excellent choice. Growlithe are known for being very loyal to their trainers. Very brave, willing to do anything to protect their friends."

He turned around for a moment, rummaging through a couple Pokeballs until he finally pulled one out and examined it. After smiling slightly, he reached his hand out and placed it into Torens palm.

"There you are. Take good care of him, he's very special."

Toren nodded calmly, turning around and holding the Pokeball at his chest. It felt perfectly spherical(sp? XD) in his hands and he admired it for a minute before exiting the lab and yelling "Thank you!" as he disappeared out of the door.

Once outside, Toren threw the Pokeball onto the ground and the red, dog Pokemon leaped out, growling for a minute, but not because it was angry.

"Erm, Growlithe? I'm you trainer, is that okay with you?.."

"Grrow Growlithe! {Sure it is, let's get going!}"

Toren nodded slightly and started walking forward, looking around for a bit before making sure that Growlithe was still beside of him.

"I think we're supposed to head towards Viridian City, that's the first city from here."

"Growlithe! {Alright head, let's head out!}"

Toren nodded slightly, smiling again and bending down to rub his little friend for a moment. His fur felt so soft, and it was relaxing as well. Toren hoped that he could always feel this way, for he was normally jittery and anxious, and he hoped that being around Growlithe would make him feel better.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • "Would you like to go to the park real quick, before we begin our long journey? It must be stuffy inside that pokeball." Jen asked her pokemon.
    Cinna nodded, and followed Jen as she walked under a metal, gigantic sign that said, "C I T Y P A R K" IN big, bold, black letters. "There's a drinking fountain, a small pool for pokemon, and alot of other fun stuff you might like to try." But Jen realized then she was talking to thin air. Cinna had crept away and was now spashing in a pool with a Starmie. "Should you REALLY be in water?!" Jen panted, running towards her playful pokemon.

"Ee! Eevee ee!" The eevee called, still spashing in the water.
    Jen raised her eyebrow, and put her hands on her hips. "I brought a snack for you..." Jen made it sound tempting. She brought out a bag that said, "Eevasnax! Perfect for your beloved eevee." Jen let some small, round, soft balls fall into her palm. She then sealed the bag back up and placed it back in her bag. "Here ya go, Cinna!" Eevee pounced out of the water, curiously sniffing the Eevasnax.

Cinna opened her mouth wide, and ate the Eevasnax... along with Jen's hand. "No biting!" Jen yelled out. She softly patted her pokemon on the head, and chuckled, watching Cinna munch on the treats.

"You're funny.... Well, we'd better get going." Jen said glumly.
    Cinna gave a little grunt, meaing something like, "Aww... can't we stay a LITTLE longer?"
    "No, Sorry Cinna. We're late already.." Jen had to almost literally drag her pokemon all the way to where they were going; Veridian. Jen had heard of Veridian before, but never been there; in fact, she had never even been out of her small town.

Jen seemed quite a bit more enthusiastic about adventures.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • "Growlithe...how about we test out one of your attacks? I was looking through this little handbook that one of your attacks is Ember...why don't you try it out?..."

Growlithe nodded and opened his mouth, generating heat for a moment before releasing the flames into the air, letting them dance and swirl around like some sort of fire show. To Toren, it was very beautiful-looking.

"Wow...that looks so cool. If it looks that good while just practicing, imagine what it can do during battle!"

He started laughing to himself and then rubbed the little dog Pokemon again. He growled again, but because he was happy, not because he was mad or anything. He smiled again and then started to run forward, barking happily and smiling back at Toren.

"Hey! No fair, you're a lot faster!"

He said, starting to run and chasing after his new friend. Almost instantly, they had started to like each other and Toren was very happy that he could have someone that he could talk to....even if they did have a little trouble communicating. While he was running, Toren was also laughing and trying to imagine what adventures awaited him...and his partner.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Jen suddenly felt something weigh her down. Cinna had leaped onto her back. "Oh, Cinna! Hey, want to try target practice? Do you have tackle?" She looked back at the creature standing on her backpack.

"Ee!! Eevee eevee!" Replied Cinna. "Okay, show me what you got. Your target... your target should be that candy bar wrapper. It won't do much damage... but it's practice." Jen shrugged. Eevee looked at her target. Suddenly Cinna darted towards it and...well... tackled it.

"Nice work, Eevee! Once I find some TMs and HMs, I can teach you more moves."
    Cinna jumped up and down in excitement. Looking like the boss, the leader, Cinna puffed out her chest and walked like a soldier, heading towards Veridian. It was like she was saying, "One two three for, one two three four," On and on. Jen chuckled at this sight.
    "Oh, I'm sure we'll become great friends, Cinna." Jen smiled, and began her journey, her long, long journey.

Vintaoron

Sweetest Darkness
    Years
  • Aginawa

After having a nice meal with Kitsuni, he had finally started towards the exit of Pallet. On his way there, Shiko noticed a happy-looking boy with a Growlithe, seeming to be having a race.

Shiko looked down to Kitsuni, whom he felt shouldn't be kept in the pokéball all the time.

"Maybe we can make a new friend! Let's go talk to them," he said with a bright smile across his face. The Eevee looked up at him with a cheerful look and shouted "Eeye!"

Shiko began to dash toward this person and his Growlithe. His appearance brought about the look of a punk, and probably decieved anyone into thinking he was out to hurt them. Kitsuni kept a good pace with him.

Once he reached the trainer, he leaned against his knees, panting a bit. He then looked up with a smile toward this other trainer, reaching out a hand.

"Hi there! How are you? My name is Shiko Aginawa. May I have your name? Oh! Am I being a bother? Asking too many questions? I'm sorry if I'm being a bother, I get quite nervous when attempting to meet someone new. But my motto is, 'Anyone who hasn't hurt me is a friend!'" He laughed nervously, his inner thoughts saying, "Oh great. I'm making a fool of myself. I shouldn't have come over here. Nyaaah."

Kitsuni sat behind Shiko's leg and stared at the Growlithe. He must have been as nervous as Shiko was.

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
  • Stading outside of town, and directly across form the park, Rai decided to let his poochyena out, he had only ever seen one, and he loved them from the day he saw one
    "well come on out Dark-Tooth" he said throuwing the little spherical capsule into the air, then it suddenly expanded and in a flash of red light the poochyena was sitting in front of him, looking a little bewildered but others perfectly fine
    "hey there Dark-tooth" Rai said putting his hand out to pet the little black doglike pokemon but instead it pushed his hadnd away, nto playfully but sort of angrily, the pokemon was annoyed with him but why? he wondered
    "hey there poochyena? whats wrong?" i asked the little pokemon generally worried
    but instead of answering it stormed away and a small little grin was on her face
    Oblivious to this Rai followed her, trying to get her attention abck to him, but he darn't return her to her pokeball

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Toren ran along swiftly, trying to keep up with Growlithe. The little dog was very fast, even though he was probably kept inside his Pokeball most of the time. Toren was very impressed with its energy.

"Hey, Growlithe! Come back, I think someone's trying to talk to us.."

He said, hoping that his little friend would hear him. Luckily, he DID hear, and came running back to him, panting and letting his fiery red tail sway in the wind behind him, barking a little but calming down when Toren told him that the people were approaching were okay...even though he had no idea who they were. Toren leaned forward and shook the boys hand, then returning it to his side calmly.

"Oh, hey, my name's Toren Akiran. Nice to meet you. Say, weren't you at Professor Oak's Lab getting your Pokemon at the same time as me? You look familar...Oh, and no, that's not too many questions."

He also let off a faint, nervous smile. He was a little curious why the boy had the characteristics of a fox, with the ears, tail, and whiskers, but looked like he belonged in some sort of dark alley. He tried, however, to make it look like he was just excited about meeting him instead of wondering about his clothes. He did seem nice anyway, despite the chain and black clothes.

Vintaoron

Sweetest Darkness
    Years
  • His eyes lit up when he heard that he was not being a nuisance. At this question mentioning Prof. Oak's lab, he blinked a bit.

"I uh, suppose so. I didn't really pay attention to who else was there. I was so nervous. Though, I suppose it's normal for starting trainers to have such an excitement. Huh?"

He followed this Toren's eyesight. He noted that they looked sort of questioning about his appearance. He responded quickly, trying to draw the other's attention away from thinking that he was a little wierd.

"Oh, you're looking at these clothes? Um, yeah I know they're a little strange. The fox features are not real, " he gave a nervous laugh, as the truth was that they were, in fact, real. A clue to this was any sign of human ears were covered up by his shoulder-length hair.

"As for the black and chains; they were inspired by someone I met on my way to this town a few years ago," he looked down at Kitsuni.

"Heheh. This is the Eevee I just recieved. His name is Kitsuni. Um... I think he's a little nervous to your Growlithe." He knelt down, patting the pokémon behind its brown ears trying to calm it with these words, "What's wrong, Kitsuni? Are you nervous to make friends with the Growlithe? It's okay. If the Growlithe doesn't like you, then that's okay. There will be more friends to make."

He scritched at the ear with these last words, before standing back up and watching Kitsuni step foreward towards the dog-like pokémon.

His mind was racing with happiness, "Things seem to be going great. Perhaps if I am lucky, I might have found a new travel companion. Such an exciting day this is!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back