• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    "What?" Jake yelled in astonishment as the stars just flew past Ariados, "that attack should have hit, no matter what the cost!"

He then turned to look at the boy who was cheering for Cyndaquill, and gave him a sneer that would have been worthy of even the meanest of people. He turned back to the battle, happy that he had just chased this kid off, and then concetrated on what was happening.

Ariados has just used a Scary Face attack, one which would surely intimidate Cyndaquill, and that, it did. Jake could see the Cyndaquill writhing in fear, but the power of the Scary Face made it impossible for Cyndaquill to turn away. This woul really be a test for Cyndaquill's skill. And a fruitful one, Jake hoped.

"Use Agility before firing another Swift. This time, make it hard for Ariados to dodge, until I say stop, let the Swifts flow!"

Cyndaquill begn to dart in circles around Ariados, moving at such a speed that it appeared a blur to Jake. However, Ariados seemed to follow Cyndaquill's every movement. Cyndaquill opened its mouth again, and began to fire many swifts as it continued to run in circles.

OOC: Sorry if I bunnied Ariados, but I did make him look good...

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
    looked at the boy and saw his look of sneer,
    "oh yeah whatever dude! doesn't mean i wont cheer anyless"
    i said giving him a dark look,
    "and shiko, why didn't you want me to leave i aint useful here or anywhere?" he asked sadly
    he hoped no one would notice anything in his words and the atmosphere he realised he was emmitting was strong, dark-tooth senses it straight away and began to growl deeply and darkly

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    "Ariados!" Riddel called quickly "Use agi-"

But her reaction came a little too late, as Ariados was pelted with golden stars. It moved backward a few steps before shaking it's head, eyes jammed shut, as it's scary face attack was rudely interrupted.

Riddel scowled and said "Fine, stop that Cyndaquil's agility with Spider Web!" She called as the spider pokemon recouperated itself shakily, quickly shaking the shock from it's head as it ran around and around the battlefield, a kind of string shot emitted from it's abdomen and it's mouth as it spun a giant web, that seemed to hang off the branches and rooftops surrounding the field.

"And then use poison sting!" Riddel commanded as Ariados walked upon the sinewy webbing, looking as though it was floating in mid-air, close enough to the little fire pokemon to get a clean shot without destroying his own defense mechanism. Riddel knew Ariados would be much faster on his spider web, his agility would rise sharply as the boy's cyndaquil's speed would plummet. The only bad thing was that the spider web was so easily broken apart, but that was no major issue, if the boy decided to use swift to get rid of some of the web, the stringy 'stuff' hanging from the back of his abdomen would quickly replace the broken.

Ariados released a barrage of sharp white stick-like venom from his fangs, the poison filled sticks aimed directly for the Cyndaquil surrounded by webbing.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Toren stared in awe how how careful the girl fighting with the Ariados was. She planned her tactics well, and knew how to battle effectively. She had ensnared the Cyndaquil in a web to slow it down and make the perfect target for an attack, and now she was currently having the bug Pokemon attack with Poison Sting, a lethal attack if used correctly.

"Wow....She is good. I wonder where she learned how to make such top-notch moves..."

He wondered, staring in disbelief as the battle went on. He didn't want the Cyndaquil to be hurt too badly, but right now it looked as if Cyndaquil was in for a very rough time.

Growlithe, who had been lying on the ground, twitched his ears a little but and perked up when he heard the sounds of the battle. He opened his eyes and looked at the Ariados, who was now preparing an attack for the Cyndaquil. He growled a little, and began barking a little bit at the Bug Pokemon, but Toren whispered a loud "hush!" and bent down to to the ground, covering the Pokemon's mouth. Growlithe whimpered a little bit, then rolled his eyes and watched the battle quietly.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post, I have no idea what happened O.O;;

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
    Strangely Rai wasn't impressed or stunned as much as he should be, he wondered what was wrong with him
    "yeah have a good battle" he yelled to the boy with the cyndaquil
    "nice moves with the ariados" he said to the girl, with of course, the ariados
    he began to walk away, dark-tooth at my heels, he hoped no one would stop him, but if they did oh well
    dark-tooth felt his emotion and portrayed them too well
    "hide it" Rai said harshly
    dark-tooth did her best till they could get far enough away...

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Cinna gave a sort of growl to herself at the Ariados trainer. "Go, Cyndaquil!" Jen shouted out randomly. "You can do it!" She didn't even care if Cyndaquil's trainer treated her like they did Rai. She can do what she wants when she wants and where she wants. Jen stared down at Cinna. Cinna had her eyes narrowed, staring and growlings lightly at Ariados.
    "Yeah Cinna, weird. How is a beginning trainer supposed to know all of these things... instantly? It's insane, I'll tell ya." Jen rolled her eyes.
    "But, Cinna, Imma train you good and over time. Not... just..like..that. It's just creepy. How about we train on one pokemon everyday, if we can find one?" Jen had no intention of watching the battle any longer, but something told her to stay put. She patted her pokemon on the furry head, and Cinna blinked.
    Jen chuckled and scooped her Eevee into her arms, spinning 'round and 'round. "We will have tons of fun together, Cinna, I promise." Jen twirled round, Cinna was getting dizzy, and the battle continued.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Toren continued to watched the battle, but then shrugged his head and looked down at Growlithe, patting him and motioning for the little, Fire Pokemon to follow him as he walked along. He was growing rather bored, and hoped to reach Viridian City before it become too late in the day. He wanted to stay with everyone else, but something told his to leave and head for the next city.

"Come on. I know you wanted to stay and play, but we really have to go..."

He muttered, trying to coax Growlithe to follow him. The little dog kept shrugging, but then saw that Toren wasn't going to give up and so followed after him. Toren smiled when he noticed that Growlithe was going to listen, and rubbed his friend for a moment before starting to walk again.

Now, they had walked quite a ways away now. He turned back a little to watch the battle for a second, but he could barely see it now, so he frowned and turned around again, starting to walk away once more as before, Growlithe trailing after him depressingly.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Jen noticed him leaving, and, haveing no intention in the battle whatsoever, Jen started to follow. Panting, she looked back at her Cinna, sitting there, watching. "Cinna! Follow! I'll give you some Eevasnax..." Jen made it sound tempting. She always got her way. Cinna licked her lips and caught up to Jen. "Here ya go," Jen grabbed the aluminum bag out of her backpack, and let some of the soft round balls fall into her palm. She tossed on in the air, and Cinna caught it. "Good girl!" Jen's eyes lit up. Jen shook her head and then ran to catch up with the Trainer. Jen looked behind her, her Cinna, this time, was following. Jen looked back ahead of her and realised she was about to bump into Toren. "Hey," SHe panted, "Wait up!" She stopped and put her hands on her knees.

Cinna headbutted her, making Jen losing her balance and falling over. "Cinna!" Jen stood up with her arm slightly scraped and bleeding. "Ugh," She winced and fell back onto the concrete, breathing heavily.

Last edited:

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Toren continued to run along, barely hearing what Jen had said, But he did, and turned around curiously to see what she was doing. He jumped back a little in surprise when he noticed how close she was, and that she was panting, apparently from having run a lot.

"What are you doing? Why are you following after me?..."

He said, putting a curious look on his face and bending down to the ground to look her in the face so he would be able to hear her clearly, not like last time when she was shouting at him to wait up.

Growlithe, who had been running ahead of Toren, noticed that his tainer was no longer following and so ran back, panting a little bit and letting his tail sway freefully behind him. His eyes darted inbetween Cinna and Jen, recognizing them as the girls from before. He wondered why they had followed as well.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    "Well.." Jen still stared at her arm. "I wasn't interested in watching the battle, so I decided to try to keep up with. But if you don't want me here..." Jen shed fake tears and spun around. She started dragging her legs with the rest of her body. "Come on, Cinna, we're not wanted here." If anyone was good at Guilt-trips, it was Jen. As I said, Jen ALWAYS gets what she wants.... Always.
    Jen was hoping her plan would work, for she would do anything to get away from The battling trainers... they were just acting weird. But Jen didn't want to leave the fox-person, what Jen calls him. He seemed so nice... She was hoping he would come, too. The sound of rocks sliding under Jen's shoe got annoying, after awhile, But Jen still kept going, hopefully Toren would fall for her guilts trip, Just like everyone else.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Toren sighed and and walked after her, grabbing her shoulder with his hand and holding on so that she wouldn't move forward anymore. It looked like a rather ackward scene, with her trying to move but with him making it so that she couldn't.

"It's not I don't want you here, just curious as to why you want to. I'm more of a loner, and never really been around people much..."

He said, frowning and then turning back around, letting Jen walk ahead again.

"Oh, go on ahead and get back to the others. I'll be perfectely fine by myself. I've been alone most of my life and I'll be fine now.."

He said, sighing and calling for Growlithe to follow along with him. Growlithe whined a little bit, and then sighed and followed after Toren, wishing that he didn't have to exactly the opposite of everything that he(Growlithe) wanted to do. That annoyed him a little bit, but he was trying to be loyal and obey his faithful trainer.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    OOC: I'm changing to first person. I RP better in first person.

IC:

I stared in horor at my bound up Cyndaquill, completely helpless by the String Shot from Ariados. This girl knew her stuff. I felt happy that at least I had had a good battle, and looked down at Cyndaquill, who was writhing in the string. It wasn't over just yet...

"Cyndaquill! Quick Attck!"

Cyndaquill saw the intelligence in that attack, but before he could carry it out, the poisonous white needles flew through the air, and struck Cyndaquill hard on the face, sending him flying through the air. He landed on his stomach, and began to cry painfully.

He was poisoned.

I ran as fast as my legswould take me, and fell at Cyndaquill's side, looking into its eyes. I picked it up, and hugged it tightly in my arms as it slowly began to lose health.

"I forfeit," I muttered to the Ariados-girl, and before waiting for a reply, I walked away.

Cyndaquill was in pain, and I could see that. I ran as fast as I could, away from the other trainers, tears welling up in my eyes. I held Cyndaquill close.

"Please..."

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    "Hey wait a second!" Riddel called after the boy, as Ariados removed the spider webs around the area

"I…guess not." She mumbled placing a hand on her hip as she fingered an antidote. She'd been dying to try out this strategy she'd thought up with one of the more elderly tutors, but she didn't think she'd be testing it out on such a small and beginning pokemon. Riddel knew that she'd be carrying around at least one or two antidotes with her from now on, she didn't think Ariados's poison would be so powerful. But it was a win nonetheless, and Riddel gave Ariados an encouraging pat.

"Good job, but next time, lay off on the poison. Your opponents not going to be your dinner, so you don't have to poison them that badly." Riddel said, her face passive, though on the inside, she felt slight guilt for crushing the two in their first battle.

<'Hey, I was just doin' as I was told.'>

"Whatever…Dart." Riddel muttered, not turning to look at the people behind her, who she could've sworn were jeering at her for giving the boy such little chance to rebound an attack.

<'Awesome.'> Dart said as he crawled around to let Riddel climb aboard.

"Let's get to Viridian then. Not much to see here anymore wouldn't you agree?" She asked crossing one leg over the other as she sat upon the newly nicknamed spider.

<'Sure. I'll get you there in a flash…or, I would've had I not battled beforehand, but I'll get you there.'> Dart said as he crawled away from the scene. He'd easily taken down the webbing he'd produced with two well aimed fury swipes <'But once we get there, we're hanging out at the pokemon center deal?'>

"Sure, hopefully we don't run into that guy with the cyndaquil though he didn't look too happy." Riddel said shaking her head.

<'Yeah, well, life's unfair, you learn that after trying to evolve for a million billion years.'> Dart said rolling his eyes as he trudged down the pathway, not bothering to be graceful anymore, but rather, tromping down as though he was a big burly metagross.

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
    Rai seen the boy take heed of his pokemons pain, he was clever
    the guy done the right thing, he's clever he thought to himself
    "Hey dark-tooth lets get to viridian, we need to battle along the way as well, i want you to be strong, i want you to believe in me, and i'll believe in you" he said the the little black dog , scooping her up into his arms and holding her tight
    "You're my only friend, and i need your help, and as they say a friend in need is a freind indeed" he chuckeled

Dark-tooth didn't look to happy, she jumped down from his arms and bounded away from him angrily, he was concerned but he felt it better nto to annoy her,
    "lets just get to Viridian shall we?" he asked her, she nodded simply, he wasn't to far awy from the battle area now, but he still hoped no oen would see him or follow him...

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    OOC: I think I'll do first-person too XD
    IC: I stared over at Toren, tears, real ones, forming in my eyes. I winced and then headed...wherever my legs would take me. I was too sensitive, and I didn't understand, I thought, So he doesn't want me here... I knew it. I will never becom a pokemon trainer. Then, I didn't even care if my pokemon was following me. What did it matter? I was never going to become a pokemon trainer anyway. So what's the use.

I sobbed into my hands as I fell onto the cement. Now, not just my arm was in pain and bloody, but also my two knees, Great. Perfect. Just perfect. I felt my pokemon annoyingly head butt me, as if she really cared. I didn't believe it. I was miserable, why would anyone care for me? I just didn't believe it.

When I looked up with my face red, I saw a town ahead, not far off. I returned to the sobbing-in-my-hands motion. My scrapes. They burned horribly. I had to get the wounds healed; they would probably never heal themself, and they would get infected soon. What a day.

Why can't I just stay out of people's business?! He wants to be alone, and he doesn't want anyone else with him. How can I be so stupid?! I don't even know him. All I know is that he doesn't want me there. Another annoying headbutt underrupted my thinking.

"Ci...cinna." I sobbed in a muffled voice. "You're the only friend I have, and I don't want to lose you. I make a fool of myself in front of humans, none of them know how sensitive I am, either. Cinna, please stick with me."
    Cinna looked up at me, with her eyes glistening.
    <A friend in need is a friend indeed. I need you and you need me.> (XDXD)

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Toren stopped in his tracks and sighed faintly, turning around slowly and then looking back at Jen, rolling his eyes. He took a couple steps forward, standing over top of her and looking down, noticing that she seemed to have many minor injuries all over her body, had Cinna head-butting her and speaking, and then sobbing, for real this time, and occasionally burying her face in her hands.

"Wow....you really know your way around that gilt card. But I guess..."

He said, sitting down knees first on the ground and twisting his head, trying to get a glimpse of her face.

"Erm...I'm assuming that you're not okay? Here, let's go to the Pokemon Center.."

He said, standing back up and sticking his hand out as a gesture to pull her up to her feet. He hope that she would actually accept for the offer, for if he had decided to come back and help and she wouldn't accept it then he would be pretty annoyed at the prospect.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Riddel neared Viridian and saw two of the original spectators of the battle. One on the ground, obviously crying and the other looked reluctant, but was holding out a hand to help her up. She faintly remembered that the girl on the ground was the girl who'd suggested the boy, who was holding his hand out, to battle her. Or was it someone else? Agh, Riddel didn't even slightly care.

"Bypass em'." Riddel muttered to Dart who nodded as he went around the duo, leaving them in peace to sort out their own issue's.

After they were a few feet away, Riddel said to Dart "First stop Pokemon Center then right Dart?"

<'Yes'm.'> Dart said cheerfully.

"Don't." Riddel replied simply.

<'Don't what?'> Dart asked trying to turn his head around to look at Riddel, but was unsuccessful.

"Don't be an idiot." Riddel said as they entered Viridian "Yeow!" She sheltered her eyes with her arm as a bright light emitted from entrance of Viridian City.

"ALRIGHT Which idiot was bright enough to use FLASH in the middle of the day?!" Riddel snarled moodily, but her breath was instantly caught in her throat.

Where was she? and...

Where was Dart???!!!

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I looked up, and smiled. "The first time was guilt trip. Now..." I closed my eyes and when I opened them again...
    I choked.
    I twirled around, hoping very much that Toren, Cinna, and everyone else had stayed put. They hadn't. Or maybe I didn't saty put, and they did. Because where I was didn't look familiar... at all.
    I continued to weep in my hands, hoping all of my troubles would fly away in the breeze. Too bad. I looked up again, and I was in the same exact spot. No one else with me.
    I burst out yelling and crying and sobbing, things like, "Cinna! Where are you, girl! Please stay with me... please.." and, "Why do I feel like I'm alone and always will be? Where am I?! Someone please tell me!" I continued sobbing, salty tears falling onto my denim jeans. One fell on the open cut on one of my stinging painful knees. "Agh!" I screamed. My voice echoed. I grabbed my knee with both hands, rocking back and fourth, still on the ground. When I built up the courage to check out my palm, it was bloody red. I winced. "LET THIS DAY BE OVER WITH!" "with" echoed quite a bit through the open space. I wiped my hand off and continued to sob. "I should've just stayed home in my bedroom." I whispered to myself, along with many other personal notes.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    "AGH Pipe down!" Riddel snapped as she heard someone yell 'let this day be overwith' "Oh hey it's you." She said, boredly, as she turned from her spot. She was definetly not close to the girl, but she was definetly close enough to hear a shrill scream.

<'ggggyyyyYYYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!'> A yell sounded as it got progressively louder <'IIIIIIIiiiiIIII DDDDOOON'TTTTT WAAAANT TOOOO FLLLY YEEEEET!!!!'> It yelled as a writhing spider came crashing down from the sky.

Even with all this yelling and dramatization, Dart still landed cleanly on all four legs, unscathed and unharmed. He'd been fortunate enough to land in front of the girl and he yelped <'Oh my god! I've DIED!'>

"Stop hallucinating she's just got cuts and stuff! You're so rude!" Riddel said walking up and whacking Dart across the head "Sure took you long enough to get here. Now you, get up off the ground and we'll get you something for your cuts, but nothings gonna happen if you sit there and brood." She snapped "We'll find your pokemon, and we'll get out of...wherever we are."

<'Not like you're not rude yourself.'> Dart muttered.

"Quiet! I'm trying to figure out if I've seen this place in a textbook or something..." Riddel muttered as she turned around and around, looking for someone....anyone...a building perhaps...something other then trees and grass!!!

<'...Evolution sucks.'> Dart muttered as he looked up into the sky <'All dreams of flying are now shattered.'> He said in a monotone as though he was a person on an intercom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back