• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Save The Voice Actors! (PC branch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    If you watched the special yesterday and were appalled by the new voices, this is the place where we, the fans, can fight back against the awful new dub!

--Our Mission:

The voice actors we've had since Day 1 are being replaced with voices that just plain do not suit the characters! We, the fans, need to contact PUSA in any way we know how. This club is committed to doing anything in our power to Save Our Voice Actors.

To learn more, you can visit the BMG branch here, the Serebii branch here, and the DeviantArt branch here: https://savepokedubclub.deviantart.com/

We do have a few ground rules here:

--If you don't support the campaign, do not post.
    --All forum rules apply
    --No SPAM
    --NO bashing.

To join, just post here saying you support us or that you've contacted PUSA somehow (i.e. written a letter/e-mail, signed a petition, folded 1,000 cranes, etc.)

Members:

EmeraldSky-President (written 3 e-mails, made a "commercial")
    Agent9-VicePresident (started a petition)
    ::Tempest:: (supporter)
    Katsu Koneko (president of DeviantArt branch)
    Chuchino (supporter)
    Crystal Clair (supporter)
    Haruka (BMG branch member, LJ branch member)
    KyokoButterfly15 (supporter)
    MetalMario (supporter)
    PokemonTrainerLisa (SOVA leader)

Last edited:

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Wow..I caught a couple minutes of the Pokemon special I thought they were absolutely horrible. Ash was too high-pitched, Brock was too deep, and they just sounded all wrong. I thought I should come in here and support the 'cause.' XD

<3

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    *blinks* They.. changed Ash's voice? o_____o;; I haven't heard it (mostly because I don't keep up with the TV show) but that's a disturbing thought. I GREW UP WITH VERONICA TAYLOR, DARNIT!!!

I'd like to join, please =3

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I'll join since I truly want P-USA to rehire the right actors. Seriously, we still got 4kids VAs. Professor Oak has Pryce's, Ash has that kid from the Lugia saga and I'm pretty sure I've heard May's before...
    I understand if they want to recast and hire a cast we've never heard before but what they did for the special was insanely, ridiculously sickening. It proves they were just too darn lazy to do it
    SOVA!
    cough-I like the way they did May though-cough

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
    May sounds to unnatural for a 10 year old girl. Her voice sounds like an old woman.

Ash was, bleh.

Brock sounded like he was under something. Especially when he was talking about Officer Jenny.

Max was the same as with Oak.

The voices are horrible.

They killed Meowth's voice too.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
    I made an Ash SOVA Banner.

Save The Voice Actors! (PC branch)

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    A petition would be great! (I'll update your supporter status...)

UPDATE: This just in!

Maddie and Veronica have told us that CN will be picking up Pokemon...but we need to tell the CN big wigs what they're in for!

Maddie's message:

whoa!!!!! THIS IS BIG!!!!! AND IT's HAPPENING NOW!!!

My own sources are telling me that right now TODAY!!!!...., Negotiations between CN and PUSA are underway.

That means there is no time to lose!

Please, if the old cast means anything to you write to these e-mail addresses PRONTO!
    I am convinced if the two guys below are flooded with e-mail from fans who want the old cast back that the impossible can happen and the old cast will be restored!!

Contact [email protected] and [email protected] immediately.

No really stop reading the forums and do it now!

Veronica's message:

At this moment Cartoon Network is talking with Pokemon USA and Nintendo about negotiating a deal for next season. Whether they know that the show they potentially acquire is a very badly done 'fake' is unknown. We need as many people as possible to flood them with emails letting them know that the 'special' we all saw on Saturday was beyond unacceptable. The actors, other than being lackluster and unable to fit the flap, lacked any emotion or character. The script was amateurish and flat. There was no direction. The Pokemon themselves all sounded incredibly different from the original show and video games. It was more violent than any other Pokemon episode has ever been. It was in no way up to the standards which have been set over the past eight years by 4kids, Nintendo and the WB. Are we all expected to simply sit by as Pokemon USA lies to everyone, saying the show will be "exactly the same", even though they have replaced every single element? We have now seen, through the fiasco which was the 10th anniversary special, that this is far from the truth. Please send emails immediately to the two executives at Turner Network (below) and warn them before they make a mistake they will certainly regret for a very long time. Bring Pokemon back to 4kids before it's too late.
    Thank you in advance!
    Sincerely,
    Veronica Taylor

You heard the VA's, do it now!

Last edited:

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    I'm a strong supporter of the old voice actors. I parcipate in the SOVA which orginally made by Pie in BMGf, and also created a LJ Community which has been approved by Pie and the LJ Community can be found on the SOVA website.

Now, can I join the campaign?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    May I join? I totally loved the old voice actors and they did such an excellent job, so I'm a supporter^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back