• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

human- animal or... virus?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • before you even click the quick reply button, read:
    -we're not talking about how scientifically we're an animal or virus. I am fully aware that we belong to Kingdom Animalia, that we don't need a "host" to live and we don't "duplicate" ourselves in order to increase our numbers.

(note to ppl who likes to get technical: treat the term animal by its slang meaning please)

Do you consider humans as an animal just like the other animal in the world (like a wolf, squirel, etc), or a virus in the world?

i believe Matrix 2 is where this little saying comes from...
    "Animals adapt to their environment in order to survive. Humans make the environment adapt to them in order to survive. Humans are like virus. They mutate their surroundings so that they will live on, slowly killing off the "host" as days go by"

just something to consider about...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I'm not saying you've made a bad thread, it's fine however I feel these need to be stated once more:

Let me make it very clear;

- I will not tolerate any insults, even if they seems harmless. You can hurt people's feelings very easily.

- When you are debating, you respect every person, if you agree with them or not.

- If you feel need to correct someone, do it in a nice, polite, clean fashion. This means no cracks about their age, intelligence, or any other discriminatory factor. Period.

- No swearing. You may think kids won't be interested in certain topics, but maybe they will be. This board was made for all ages, there are plenty of other boards out there where you can swear. This one stays clean. If you need to swear, completely censor it in the form of **** or $#@$

I will be keeping tabs on this and this topic be closed if any of the above rules are broken by anyone. Don't ruin it for everyone please.

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • I belive Humans to be animals, for I feel that changing one's surroundings is a form of adaptation, and the destruction of the local ecosystem is just an unfortuante side-effect. (I would have said more, but somehow my browser went back, and when I went forward again, the Quick Reply box was empty... grr.)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    before you even click the quick reply button, read:
    -we're not talking about how scientifically we're an animal or virus. I am fully aware that we belong to Kingdom Animalia, that we don't need a "host" to live and we don't "duplicate" ourselves in order to increase our numbers.

(note to ppl who likes to get technical: treat the term animal by its slang meaning please)

Do you consider humans as an animal just like the other animal in the world (like a wolf, squirel, etc), or a virus in the world?

i believe Matrix 2 is where this little saying comes from...
    "Animals adapt to their environment in order to survive. Humans make the environment adapt to them in order to survive. Humans are like virus. They mutate their surroundings so that they will live on, slowly killing off the "host" as days go by"

just something to consider about...
    I think so too, that the virus is the only other species similiar to the human.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I think that Humans are alot like virus..in a way. X_x; But we're animals. XD

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • I think we were made in God's image whereas we cannot be animals. we are seperate from them, and I think animals were put on earth to better serve and be companions with humans. If you think about it, I mean, why does a camel have a hump, and why do dogs listen so well, why can people fit on horses so perfectly...and why can pretty much every animal be eaten...hmm

BOO ya!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    I think we were made in God's image whereas we cannot be animals. we are seperate from them, and I think animals were put on earth to better serve and be companions with humans. If you think about it, I mean, why does a camel have a hump, and why do dogs listen so well, why can people fit on horses so perfectly...and why can pretty much every animal be eaten...hmm

BOO ya!
    Yeah but we are still more like viruses right?

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Also Dakota, why do squirrels fear us and why do hippos attack us and why do parasites want to live inside us and feed off us? The only reason dogs listen well is because humans domesticated them and bred them that way and camels have humps to store fat and water because of lack of resources in a desert. Horses are built the way they are to run fast in open areas. Humans created saddles and tack to ride on horses better. If God made horses just to serve humans, they'd have built in saddles and wouldn't need bridles to control them and training to follow commands. Animals eat eachother, does that make a tiger higher than a tapir because the cat needs to eat it to survive? Humans have to cook their food to make it edible, and animals feel pain in the killing process. If God made animals just so people could eat them, then he would not have given the ability for them to feel pain or need to be cooked. Every creature has a purpose, and just because humans have the ability to exploit animals doesn't make them any better. I suggest you learn a thing or two about zoology before saying something like that ;)

Anyway...

Humans are animals, but our minds are more highly developed in the thinking part of the brain. I basically agree with what Q_Man says.

Last edited:
    Back