• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zelda Grows Up

What're Your Thoughts on Zelda Getting a T Rating?

• Nintendo should've aimed for an E. It's always been a family friendly series.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • It should've been E10+ at the most.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'm fine with it being rated T. It's nice to see the series maturing. Besides just because it's rate

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
The ESRB has rated Twilight Princess.

And the rating is...

T for Teen. Because of "Animated Blood" and "Fantasy Violence".

All previous entries into the series have been rated E for Everyone with content descriptors of either "Mild Fantasy Violence", "Violence", or "Animated Violence".

Anyone find "Animated Blood" as a point of interest, considering this is the Zelda series?

The ending of Ocarina of Time. Ganondorf coughs up something green upon his "death". In the game's first release, Ganondorf originally coughed up blood. Nintendo changed this (among other things) due to complaints. There's still blood stains on various wall textures, but that was a major change.

So, it looks like we won't see any such censoring this time around. Do you think that Zelda should mature to a T rated game? Not that T is bad mind you. Super Smash Bros. Melee is T. It just concerns me given how every other entry has been rated E. I was hoping that it would be rated E10+ when that rating was created.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't mind it rated T. Those aren't very major warnings so I doubt too many people will really miss out on it because of parental discretion and whatnot. And honestly, if the Zelda games are maturing, it's fine by me personally since...well...so am I. xD;

Drifblim

Banned
Years
T is fine. I think the Kingdom Hearts series are rated at that, and so are many sports games. It's a surprise to see Zelda join the club, but I guess it was for the best.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Kingdom Hearts and Chain of Memories were both rated E. Kingdom Hearts II got a rating of E10+.

I think it's just the fact that this Zelda game is by far the most realistic of the series--what could pass in the other games just doesn't now because of the graphical updates and whatnot, most likely.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
I agree with what Erica said about the graphics. With lower graphics, I'm pretty sure it would have been rated E; just like SSBM would have probably been rated E too.

About 'green blood'....it's a law in Germany -or Russia..- that blood in video games has to be green. Overall though, I hope it's not too bloody D: I don't like bloody games.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Yeah, Melee got a T rating not because it was more violent than the original Smash but rather the grahics could more realistically portray the same level of violence.

XD Erica's comment reminds me of Miyamoto:

"In order to grow, Link must not stand still, and neither can I."

T doesn't really bother me, I have plenty of T games, it just seems strange to me since it's Zelda. I'd feel just as confused if Mario or Pokemon ended up with a T.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
I think this is fine, I'm not very surprised about the rating, besides, The Phantom Hourglass will probably be E10+ at the most, so the younger Zelda fans should be satisfied still ^^

Years
aslong as the UK rating isn't over 13 I'm good, doesn't matter cause I've already pre-ordered TP with my Wii <3

Years
Animated blood isnt a big deal. I played metroid prime hunters for a while and didn't notice any until I looked at the rating. Then I noticed it.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
Years
I don't mind the T rating, then again I don't mind any rating on a game if it's good which is what I really care about. Although it has always been given an E rating I have always viewed the series as more mature than other Nintendo franchises, besides the Metroid series.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
I really don't mind sweeties. ^^; Games rated T aren't usually bad, and by bad, I mean not suitible for children such as myself.
It's kinda cool seeing the Zelda franchise maturing in my opinion. XD

I'm also glad it got a T rating for "Animated Blood" instead of "Strong Language". XD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
And honestly, if the Zelda games are maturing, it's fine by me personally since...well...so am I. xD;

I agree with that 100% I was happy playing an E rated Zelda game when I was younger but, even though I'd still be happy playing an E rated Twilight Princess, I'm glad that Nintendo has gone and matured the game and its target audience. Afterall, Nintendo and Zelda fans of all ages are gonna buy the game, regardless of age rating. But, by aiming it at maturer audiences, they're appealing to those who claim Nintendo make "kiddy" games.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
Years
T_T, blood in LoZ. Didn't see that one coming, although I don't really care. Besides, I doubt any parents won't allow their young kids to buy T-rated games. Mine don't even bother what games I buy and what rate they have. So most people won't be influenced by this at all.

Back