ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old March 14th, 2011 (10:30 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

I am guessing that the OW you are mentioning is maybe created via a level script. Try and remove the level script in your map on the Header tab of advance map.
    NOTE: Save a back-up copy of your hack before performing this.

By level script do you mean map script? And if so i tried removing it and it had no effect, I also tried creating a new map and using groser block to replace the tiles and still didn't work.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 14th, 2011 (12:11 PM).
    Pokémon Hacker

I want in my game that you can fight with a Mew. I have the overworld. I use Pokétronic to make a wild battle script. But when you run or fainted the Mew and you come back in the map then he is not away... How can I do that when you catchst him or when he's dead that he's away?

(I know my Englisch is not very good, but I think you understand what I mean).
      Old March 14th, 2011 (12:30 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
        I want in my game that you can fight with a Mew. I have the overworld. I use Pokétronic to make a wild battle script. But when you run or fainted the Mew and you come back in the map then he is not away... How can I do that when you catchst him or when he's dead that he's away?

(I know my Englisch is not very good, but I think you understand what I mean).
        Make sure that you flag that you set, e.g setflag 0x1200 is the same as the Person ID in advance map, so in this case the Person ID would be 1200.
        Old March 14th, 2011 (12:33 PM). Edited March 14th, 2011 by SKRoy.
        Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tequilha7 View Post
          Make sure that you flag that you set, e.g setflag 0x1200 is the same as the Person ID in advance map, so in this case the Person ID would be 1200.
          I don't understand that.
          I placed a person in Advanced Map. But than with a overworld of a Pokémon. I maked a wild battle script in Pokétronic and I placed it by the person in Advanced Map.

Maby someone have a tutorial how to do this... I can't find a tutorial how to this on this forum. Maby one of you have a tutorial?
          I must go now but tommorow I can read a reaction.
          Old March 14th, 2011 (12:40 PM).
          The Flaming Wolf!

Nature: Timid
            Hey, Is there any way possible to modify/edit/replace trainer sprites in R/B?
            Old March 14th, 2011 (5:05 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
              Quote:

I am guessing that the OW you are mentioning is maybe created via a level script. Try and remove the level script in your map on the Header tab of advance map.
              NOTE: Save a back-up copy of your hack before performing this.

I am guessing that your given free space is near some existing data of the ROM. Usually, we should find free space that has A LOT of free space available, and not near any data.
              You are a cool person. I guess my freespace wasn't free enough, heh. xP Thanks!

One other thing, though; where in unLZ are the sprites in the intro with Oak? I have seen them not.
              Old March 14th, 2011 (8:07 PM).
              Yes, that's a Mewtwo

Hey, how do you get scripts in XSE to work correctly? I have tried so many times, but it never does what it is supposed to do. Here's the script:

Code:
                #dynamic 0x

#org @start
                lock
                faceplayer
                msgbox @1 0x6
                release
                end

#org @1
                = Test\nText.
                I compiled it and copied the offset over to A-Map, but it still won't show text. I can click and the person will face me as intended, but it won't show the text box at all. What do I do?
                Old March 15th, 2011 (6:33 AM). Edited March 15th, 2011 by SKRoy.
                Pokémon Hacker

Hello (first sorry about my English, I'm Dutch),

I want to make a wild battle script. I have te overworld of a Lugia. I make my wild battle script in PokéTronic, because I'm not very good with scripting. But when you fight with the Lugia and the fight is over he's not away... How can I make a wild battle fight, that when the fight is over that the Pokémon is gone?

I'm a beginner so maby someone have a tutorial or a easy script or something?
                  Old March 15th, 2011 (3:24 PM).
                  Oh Hai Thar~
                  • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
                  Quote:
                  Hello (first sorry about my English, I'm Dutch),

I want to make a wild battle script. I have te overworld of a Lugia. I make my wild battle script in PokéTronic, because I'm not very good with scripting. But when you fight with the Lugia and the fight is over he's not away... How can I make a wild battle fight, that when the fight is over that the Pokémon is gone?

I'm a beginner so maby someone have a tutorial or a easy script or something?
                  Write the flag of the script to your OW's Person I.D.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
                  TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old March 15th, 2011 (3:26 PM).
                  THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

I've created a Rom from PPRE (modded HG data), and it's 922KB. Ok wtf.
                    Old March 15th, 2011 (6:06 PM). Edited March 15th, 2011 by bobrom.
                    :P

how do make the hero move when the hero goes on a certian tile example:oak stops you from going into tall grass if you have yet to get your starter

i dint mean to make the :0 face it was supposed to be example: oak...ext
                      Old March 15th, 2011 (8:05 PM).
                      Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sacred Dragon View Post
                      Hey, how do you get scripts in XSE to work correctly? I have tried so many times, but it never does what it is supposed to do. Here's the script:

Code:
                      #dynamic 0x

#org @start
                      lock
                      faceplayer
                      msgbox @1 0x6
                      release
                      end

#org @1
                      = Test\nText.
                      I compiled it and copied the offset over to A-Map, but it still won't show text. I can click and the person will face me as intended, but it won't show the text box at all. What do I do?
                      If you open the script from A-Map does it still look somewhat similar to the script you've shown or is it a bunch of random commands?

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bobrom View Post
                      how do make the hero move when the hero goes on a certian tile example:oak stops you from going into tall grass if you have yet to get your starter

Moving the player (or any other overworld) requires the scripting command 'applymovement'. Most scripting tutorials in the tutorial section cover this.
                      Old March 15th, 2011 (8:09 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
                        Uhh, okay, I've got another question. Where on earth are the hero's backsprites? I looked through literally every picture on unLZ, and I didn't see them. Are they one of the many unidentifiable scribbles, or do I need another program entirely to edit them? Help?
                        Old March 15th, 2011 (8:18 PM). Edited March 15th, 2011 by Sacred Dragon.
                        Yes, that's a Mewtwo

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by bobrom View Post

It is not too bad; you just need a script to check your pokemon. If it returns no, then it moves you back spaces and does not allow you to pass, but if it returns yes, then it does nothing and lets you through.

Code:
                          #dynamic 0x

#org @start
                          countpokemon
                          if 0x1 goto @success
                          goto @fail
                          end

#org @fail
                          lock
                          msgbox @blocked 0x6
                          release
                          applymovement 0xFF @moveback
                          end

#org @blocked
                          = Nope...

#org @moveback
                          #raw 0x12
                          #raw 0x12
                          #raw 0xFE

#org @success
                          end
                          That is if your are going right. You can change the movements accordingly. That may be too simple or not too complex, but that's the basic idea. You can edit the text to be Oak: ..., or whatever you want as well.
                          Old March 15th, 2011 (8:29 PM).
                          Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                          • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Charlimander View Post
                          Uhh, okay, I've got another question. Where on earth are the hero's backsprites? o_O I looked through literally every picture on unLZ, and I didn't see them. Are they one of the many unidentifiable scribbles, or do I need another program entirely to edit them? Help?
                          They aren't compressed sprites so they aren't in UNlz.

You can edit them through a tutorial such as this or use the bookmarks in NSE.
                          Old March 16th, 2011 (5:55 AM).
                          Pokémon Hacker

Quote:

Write the flag of the script to your OW's Person I.D.
                            Oké I understand, but when you make a script with PokéTronic you don't see the script. You must choose the level and the Pokémon and than you get a code. That code you must type by advanced map, but you don't get a script where you can place the flag in. And... I'm not good with scripts, so how can I make a script with a flag?
                            Old March 16th, 2011 (9:40 AM).

I found the search function! Yay for me. My search criteria were too weak or the results were not obvious / buried in threads with lots of posts. I found this simple question thread so I'll ask it here.

I'm interested in an IPS patch. I think it would have been done before, but it's not a full-blown hack so much as a simple mod and I can't find a simple mod section of this forum. I can only find the hacks that are basically new games.

This IPS patch would take out the Emerald-ness to Pokemon Emerald US (and or UK if they are different). By this, I mean I'd like a patch to make Brendan and May's characters (in overworld map view when running/fishing/biking/surfing, pokemon trainer card, and in battle-back-view when throwing pokeballs out) to look like they did in Ruby and Sapphire.

I've attempted to do this myself and only made it so far as to get the pointer to the 'green bandana/backpack' Brendan and May of the trainer card sprite/choose gender screen to point to the sprite for the Ruby/Sapphire version. I used RS Ball for that.

I'm now working on the graphics for the characters when in overworld 'walking around mode' / fishing / surfing / bike riding mode. I opened it up with Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition v1.1.3, but I have kind of a problem figuring out how to copy over characters from ruby to emerald. I had to resort to opening up emerald and ruby in programs side-by-side and editing each pixel of each from by hand since I don't know how to copy full tiles over. It doesn't help that I'm color-blind to dark-blue and black.

That got me to thinking... I bet someone else has already done this somewhere so I decided to look. If anyone can point me in the direction of something that sounds like what I'm after, that would be great.

Also, a while back, I made a simple map mod of Route 132, 133, and 134 of Hoenn that removed the rapids from those areas so you could freely surf around and pick up and fight the people and things you needed to in those areas without the need to fly back to Pacifilodge Town and riding the rapids over and over.

My PC hard drive failed since then, but I plan on doing this again and making another IPS patch for myself. I was curious if I did that again, I'd like to share it with the community. Before it was just made by myself for myself and never released. Is there a place for stuff like that here that I could share it? Again, all I can find are full-blown hacks that are basically new games.

Thanks in advance for any kindness and help anyone offers.
                              Old March 16th, 2011 (12:13 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Blaze The Hedgehog View Post
                                Hey, Is there any way possible to modify/edit/replace trainer sprites in R/B?
                                The sprites are compressed. You will have to extract the images, decompress them, and edit them, then recompress and insert them back into the ROM.

Here is information on the compression algorithm.

Alternately, you could rewrite the ASM for decompression to allow use of uncompressed images. Sawakita (Pokémon Wood) and Koolboyman (Pokémon Brown) have done this, although Brown’s is buggy.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
                                Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
                                Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
                                Old March 16th, 2011 (12:41 PM).
                                Hardened Trainer

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by esdain View Post
                                  I found the search function! Yay for me. My search criteria were too weak or the results were not obvious / buried in threads with lots of posts. I found this simple question thread so I'll ask it here.

I'm interested in an IPS patch. I think it would have been done before, but it's not a full-blown hack so much as a simple mod and I can't find a simple mod section of this forum. I can only find the hacks that are basically new games.

This IPS patch would take out the Emerald-ness to Pokemon Emerald US (and or UK if they are different). By this, I mean I'd like a patch to make Brendan and May's characters (in overworld map view when running/fishing/biking/surfing, pokemon trainer card, and in battle-back-view when throwing pokeballs out) to look like they did in Ruby and Sapphire.

I've attempted to do this myself and only made it so far as to get the pointer to the 'green bandana/backpack' Brendan and May of the trainer card sprite/choose gender screen to point to the sprite for the Ruby/Sapphire version. I used RS Ball for that.

I'm now working on the graphics for the characters when in overworld 'walking around mode' / fishing / surfing / bike riding mode. I opened it up with Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition v1.1.3, but I have kind of a problem figuring out how to copy over characters from ruby to emerald. I had to resort to opening up emerald and ruby in programs side-by-side and editing each pixel of each from by hand since I don't know how to copy full tiles over. It doesn't help that I'm color-blind to dark-blue and black.

That got me to thinking... I bet someone else has already done this somewhere so I decided to look. If anyone can point me in the direction of something that sounds like what I'm after, that would be great.

Also, a while back, I made a simple map mod of Route 132, 133, and 134 of Hoenn that removed the rapids from those areas so you could freely surf around and pick up and fight the people and things you needed to in those areas without the need to fly back to Pacifilodge Town and riding the rapids over and over.

My PC hard drive failed since then, but I plan on doing this again and making another IPS patch for myself. I was curious if I did that again, I'd like to share it with the community. Before it was just made by myself for myself and never released. Is there a place for stuff like that here that I could share it? Again, all I can find are full-blown hacks that are basically new games.

Thanks in advance for any kindness and help anyone offers.
                                  Just export each of the frames from Ruby/Sapphire in Overworld Editor (File > Export Bitmap) and import them into Emerald (File > Import Bitmap). If you need to, click the "Import Palette" checkbox as well to change the color scheme to match.
                                  Old March 16th, 2011 (1:39 PM).
                                  Oh Hai Thar~
                                  • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
                                  Quote:
                                  Oké I understand, but when you make a script with PokéTronic you don't see the script. You must choose the level and the Pokémon and than you get a code. That code you must type by advanced map, but you don't get a script where you can place the flag in. And... I'm not good with scripts, so how can I make a script with a flag?
                                  Simple, learn how to script.
                                  Use XSE, and read tutorials.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
                                  TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old March 16th, 2011 (1:43 PM).
                                  THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

What are the NARC files for Wild Pokemon, Trainers, Gyms and Pokemon Data on HeartGold?
                                    Old March 17th, 2011 (3:53 AM). Edited March 17th, 2011 by esdain.

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
                                      Just export each of the frames from Ruby/Sapphire in Overworld Editor (File > Export Bitmap) and import them into Emerald (File > Import Bitmap). If you need to, click the "Import Palette" checkbox as well to change the color scheme to match.
                                      Thank you Metapod23!!! That helped so much. I now have the overworld characters looking like they did in Ruby. I have the characters displayed on trainer card / gender select screen / vs Trainer May/Brendan all looking correctly how I wanted. My only remaining problem is how would I go about changing the character's backs in battle when they throw out pokeballs at the start of battle?

I have some thoughts, but if there is an easy way / easy tools that someone knows of, that would be great.

Edit: RS Ball can do the backs of Ruby, but says: Trainer Backpics not specified in the INI.
                                      Edit: Dang it. Pallets are messed up on a few NPCs. Gonna have to mess around with overworld sprites some more.
                                      Old March 17th, 2011 (4:29 AM).
                                      Hardened Trainer

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by esdain View Post
                                        Thank you Metapod23!!! That helped so much. I now have the overworld characters looking like they did in Ruby. I have the characters displayed on trainer card / gender select screen / vs Trainer May/Brendan all looking correctly how I wanted. My only remaining problem is how would I go about changing the character's backs in battle when they throw out pokeballs at the start of battle?

I have some thoughts, but if there is an easy way / easy tools that someone knows of, that would be great.

Edit: RS Ball can do the backs of Ruby, but says: Trainer Backpics not specified in the INI.
                                        Edit: Dang it. Pallets are messed up on a few NPCs. Gonna have to mess around with overworld sprites some more.
                                        You're welcome. I haven't tried to hack the backsprites in Ruby really, but here's a tutorial I found:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222288
                                        Old March 17th, 2011 (8:34 AM).
                                        ../\..

Nature: Rash
                                          For some reason when i replace a map on fire red with a new map it always has the same name as the first town, and if i try to change the name it changes the name of the first town as well...
                                          I understand you can only have so many map names in one rom but i am not adding a new map i am replacing a old one and i would like to keep the name of the old one...

If anyone knows how to fix this can you please PM me...

Rumble rock is back, expect a BETA soon.
                                          Old March 17th, 2011 (9:52 AM).
                                          Celestial Shine

Nature: Calm
                                            How can one change the white-out text in Pokemon FR? And the mother's dialog at home after the whiteout?
                                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply