• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Project Reality

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I just hope you all enjoy, from a fan to fans.
    (Oh! And please, don´t treat this game as "another" pokémon game, try not to compare it to the original pokémon games, this one will be different, try to judge it as a RPG, not as "another pokémon game")

Introduction:
    PROJECT REALITY is a game that will give you the sensation of being in the hero´s place.
    With a good story line, that will be much better than the almost inexistant standard story line of GBA/DS Pokémon games, transforming the game into a real RPG.
    Remodeled graphics, MP3 sound effects and background music, also help to do that.

Objectives:
    *Break the jurassical standard of the commercial pokemon games.
    *Create a game that will be fun to young and older pokémon fans to play.
    *Create a game that will test your abilities as a pokemon trainer.

Story Line:
    In the future, our planet started to suffer even more from devastation caused by our ignorant actions, seeing that this planet would have no chance of recovering from this, many scientists started to create an interdimensional machine, THE PROJECT REALITY, trying to escape this destructed place to another dimension before it´s too late.

The project takes years, actualy decades, to be completed, and when that happens the world was in chaos...
    War, pollution, and death was everything that could be seen here.
    Only some random choosed people would travel in the machine, and the worst part is that the scientists who created THE PROJECT REALITY weren´t sure of where the machine would take the chosen people to, it could end up in a black hole, killing all those people, for example. But they were sure that there were thousand of possibilities, and at last some of those would end up in a planet with conditions for life.

Our hero finds himself being one of the chosen to travel in the PROJECT REALITY machine, after hero enters it and and turn it on, the machine starts to work, and after breaking the real dimension, the machine cross it and keep going, trying to stop in another world, and by luck or destiny, it stops in a world with conditions for life.

After the hero (which became a fan of pokémon when it´s parents told him/her about pokémon, and that they were fans when it was a big hit in the past) discovers that he/she (yes you can choose your gender) is in the pokémon world, the hero starts a pokémon journey, but while the hero was on his/her journey the hero finds that his/her introduction in this planet caused serious disturb in this world´s balance too.

After realising that he could save both his/her world and the pokemon world with the help of the legendary pokemons, the hero decides at last try to do something.

And now that the future of the hero´s world (Earth) and the pokemon world lies on his hands, will the hero be able to save both worlds?

Features List:
    The features list is big so I separated it in parts.

Battle System
    *Custom Battle system, similar to Lufia's BS.
    *Animations in the trainers
    *Animation in the pokemons
    *When choosing a move, detailed informations about it will be shown.
    *When the HP is low, the pokemon will look like it's suffering,
    I had this idea while I was playing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.
    *When you throw a pokeball it will make the same sound from the ones in the anime.
    *Remodeled pokemon cries.
    *MP3 music
    *background with weather effects
    *3X3 and 4X4 battles will be found in some incredible events in the game.
    *When you use itens in the battle they'll have animations
    *2X8 epic battle in the end of the game

Graphics
    *Remodeled GBA graphics to fit with some RMXP graphics
    *Bigger Resolution (thanks RMXP)

Pokeballs
    *G/S/C pokeballs will be back along with R/S/E ones.
    *D/P pokeballs will be there too.
    *Will have more realistic animations and sound in the battle

Music
    *MP3s from the anime, and pokemonXD
    *midis from musics of the GBC/GBA/DS games

Intro
    *Short animations from the anime and from the movies, along with MP3 music

Pokemons
    *All 493 pokemons will be in the game
    *Special events with/between legendaries

Pokedex
    *Multi-use device will work as a pokedex, navigator, cellphone, and translator (DON'T YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S YOUR POKEMON TALKING???);)

Vehicles
    *Bike
    *Car
    *Magnetic Train
    *Space Bus
    *Ship

Battle Towers
    *BT from pokemon crystal
    *BT from RS and Battle frontier too
    *Community Tower (heheh, better find another name) in this tower you'll be able to battle some users from this forum.

Others
    *There will be NO IVs and EVs, first because they make the training too hard, second because most of the pokemon fans (veterans or not) don't even know that IVs and EVs exists, and third because it would take too much time to make this system in RMXP.
    *There will be shiny pokemons
    *Daycare and Safari zone will be in the game
    *Bigger cities
    *You will be able to release your starter from the pokeball, exactaly the same way you do in Yellow version.
    *The NeoArmors will be in the game, these are armors to the
    starter pokemons, that will power they up (only the final stage of the pokemon can use it). These armors will have special abilities (like overdrivers) so that when the armor fills with power it will release it in extremely powerful attacks
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
    Lets supose that you choosed a charmander, and it evolved into a charizard, now you can equip him with a fire NeoArmor.
    Wanna know what it will be able do?
    The ability of the Fire NeoArmor is "heat absorb" wich absorb the heat of the fire pokemon constantly, and after about 20 turns in battles, charizard will be able to release it´s powers.
    The name of overdrive?
    Flare Cannon, Power:180 Accuracy:100 (weather effects, held itens, etc, will have no effect in the final demange)

The Grass NeoArmor:
    Ability: solar charge, constantly absorbs the rays from the sun or any light source.
    Overdrive: Solar shot, Power:180 Accuracy:100 (weather effects, held itens, etc, will have no effect in the final demange)

The Water NeoArmor:
    Ability:H2O charge, constantly absorbs water present in the atmosphere
    Overdrive:Tsunami, Power 180 Accuracy:100 (weather effects, held itens, etc, will have no effect in the final demange)

Screenshots:
    Pokemon Project Reality

Pokemon Project Reality

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Looks like a mix of pokémon and digimon lol

Mixing graphics style will ruin your game. Seriously.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    You won't get much done from not being able to script yourself.
    And your storyline is vague. Try adding detail.
    If i detailed it i would have to tell the entire history, but you can be sure, that´s not only it!
    Also alone no one can do a game, if I find someone to help the game will start for sure, it´s as simple as that!:P

Mixing graphics style will ruin your game. Seriously.
    You don´t get it!
    I´m not going to put a ruby tree and put a a RMXP grass, no. I´remodeling the graphics to fit one with the other. And it´s turning out great, my friends agree with me!
    Also in battle I´m animating the stopped battle sprites, so they will move and still moving the rest of the battle, and ALSO when striked a pokemon will react, with pain looking face, etc.

Here are some pics:
    I don´t touched the main battle system, so here it is just to have an idea, oh! and these 4 pokemons are already moving in the screen! (They have animations made by me) ^^
    Pokemon Project Reality

Now I want to know if the mix of the graphics are so horrible like that! ^^ From 1 to 10 how would you judge the final result?
    Pokemon Project Reality

Last edited:
    Years
    On the mixed graphics I will give you a 8/10. It looks cooland the graphics are working together. Good luck on the game.

nickwarr_182

The Bringer Of Destruction
    Years
    congratulations! I would give something like this a high rank like 8/10 for creativity. Most of the games I see are basically the same "beat some evil dudes, get all the pokemon I made, and you win" format, but this one goes interdimensional, plus you're doing it with a relatively safer editor than some of the ones posted on the site. If there's anything I can do to help, just email me at [email protected]. I have some knowledge of RPG XP.

EDIT: Oh, and just so you don't release it with the typo, it's reality with one "L".

Last edited:

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    EDIT: Oh, and just so you don't release it with the typo, it's reality with one "L".
    Ops....:P
    Also, about the different resolutions: they are being corrected by me already!
    You see, in battle I dont fixed anything, but in the map, I´m remodeling the sharp corners to be like a RMXP game.

Here, take a look a this one: (I made it in hurry just to show you guys)
    Pokemon Project Reality

And don´t know if you can notice but I´ve remodeled the Pokecenter, but not the Mart.
    And the Pokecenter looks more like an RMXP tileset! ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Nice! I love the mixed graphics with the sea! (the part where the wave break is a bit... s**t, but you can edit that:D)
    The log doesn't fit in at all in the latter screen, though.

nickwarr_182

Years
    Looks nice! I'm gonna go get some sprites and see what I can do with them!

EDIT: how do you get ther characters to fill the screen with out other sprites appearing?

Last edited:
    Years
    Here is a little info: instead of blending the Pokémon graphics so it does not seem pixelated, narrow the lines down to 1 pixel wide. Also, add a little more detail to the Pokémon graphics. Trust me, it would look a lot better if you did.

Also, there are some things wrong with the Center and Mart. Some of the colors are transparent.

nickwarr_182

Years
    Here is a little info: instead of blending the Pokémon graphics so it does not seem pixelated, narrow the lines down to 1 pixel wide. Also, add a little more detail to the Pokémon graphics. Trust me, it would look a lot better if you did.

Also, there are some things wrong with the Center and Mart. Some of the colors are transparent.
    Those are shadows of the clouds, i think.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Hhahaha!:laugh:
    These are clouds!
    I´m remodeling them, and the hiro sprite right now.
    Soon I´ll post the results!

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    If you want, I can help you editing the Pokémon tiles so they look good. It's true that if you mix them with 1-pixel tiles they'll look bad. I made a good job with some Pokémon tiles so they look good in RMXP. If you want, I can show you some of my work.

Note: I didn't make the guy, he's from RMXP, but I did the rest, based on the Pokémon tiles so the look cartoonish.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    ARGH!
    I didn´t see that!
    If you want, I can help you editing the Pokémon tiles so they look good. It's true that if you mix them with 1-pixel tiles they'll look bad. I made a good job with some Pokémon tiles so they look good in RMXP. If you want, I can show you some of my work.

Note: I didn't make the guy, he's from RMXP, but I did the rest, based on the Pokémon tiles so the look cartoonish.
    Any help would be really helpful.:D

Back