• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elemental Battledome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
Years
  • Welcome to the Elemental Battledome!

Rules of the Elemental Battledome

Warriors from acroos the land have come to fight at the Elemental Battledome! You are one of the choosen warriors who may enter the Battledome. The contestants will be pitted against creatures gathered all acorss the land, mutations you've never even dreamed of. The winners of these matches will get to choose to advance in the Battledome, or take the Title they just earned by defeating the enemy. The winner of each tier will recieve a new weapon of mystical sorts, and the title of tier champ! Of course, all tier champs will get the option to continu to the finals were all the tier champs stand off.

History of The Battledome

The Elemental Battledome was built long ago by a ancient people who traveled from country to country Building great wonders. Many workers were killed during the making of the Battledome due to the large amount of creatures and construction related accidents. When it was finished, the creator had a death match with a challenger. The challenger lost, and it says his soul still haunts the Battledome. In fact, it is belevied that the ancient people were an evil race and built the Battledome to syphon souls. Any warrior that falls here has there soul for ever taken into the Battledome.

Now for the part were we start playing!

Tiers

Light Tier- This tier will be for small time fighters and smaller monsters to match. The winner of this tier recives a golden bow made by one of the builders of the Battledome, it is said to have special powers relating to lightning.

Medium Tier- This tier is for more high-class fighters and for monsters that know how to fend for themselves. The winner of this tier recieves a sword that has the same soul syphoning that the Battledome itself has, any mortal killed by this sword adds to it's power.

Ultimate Tier- This tier is only for top-skill warriors and have to pass an exam of pyshical and mental endurance to be accpeted. This tier will host some of the nastiest creatures, Abomanations, Demons, anything that is tough enough to make a man cry. The winner of this tier will reciecve an axe made out of solid gold, it seems to have some relation with the origanl leader of the Evil people.

Elements

Of course this wouldn't be an Elemental Battledome without elements. Every contestan is required to have at least one of the elements mastered from the list below:

Bone: With this element you can manipulate your own bones to make weaponry such as swords. A true master of this element is also able to manipulate others bones.

Steel: This element allows the controler to use steel to encase the user in a thick steel coat, or to barrage the enemy with steel pieces. A master of this element can make bullets and shape weaponry out of steel.

Sand: An unusual element that allows the user to use sand to his/her advantage, although a shortome is that if no sand is present, this element can not work. A master of this element can make sand into different forms i.e. a bird, a dragon.

Sound: A hard element to master sound is effective none the less, it can be used to cripple the ears of enemies and make them un-balanced due to the lack of hearing. A master of this element can make solid cutting waves out of sound.

Time: This element is only used by powerful people. The user has the abilty to stop time. A master of this element can not only stop time, but alter it, and skip through to the future.

Mist: This is a helpful element to mix with others, the user is able to create a thick mist in which only the user can see in. A master of this element can turn mist into searing acid or flames onto the oppenent.

Nature: With this element, the user is able to bend trees and wildlife to there every whim. A master of this element can call forth the wrath of nature to destroy oppenents.

Profeesions

For those not willing to master an element, they can still enter by mastering one of these elements.

Puppetry: The user can make and effectivly use puppets in battle against an oppenent. Although an odd profession, Puppetiers can use puppets for all kinds of situations.

Mechanic: A mechanic can make all sorts of things to use in battle, such as make a mechanical beast to use, or make mechanical animals that explode on impact.

Alchemist: Alchemist's can use and effciently make poison to use in combat. Some of these poisons can be deadly and burn the skin like acid, or explode when touching the skin. A master of this skill can effictivly make potions out of the simplest things, even in battle.

Demonolgy: This profession allows the user to summon powerful demons to fight and kill the oppenent. A master of this technique can summon much more different demons and definatly more powerful ones.

Hunter: These men and women have the ability to capture creatures, and effictivly use them in battle. The higher the skill level of the user, the bigger and badder the creature you can catch.

Weapon Mastery: This isn't a real profession, but some could call it one. This profession is only having a basic mastery in a weapon, such as an axe, sword, or bow. A master of this profession can handle enchanted weapons in battle.

Gunner: Recent discovery in guns made it possible for folk to specialze in these new mechanical bows. A master of this profession can hit a bullseye 100/100 times and can use and invent bigger and better weaponry.

Sign-up Sheet

Character Sign Up
    Charcter Name:
    Charcter Gender:
    Description: (keep in mind this means what they look like etc.)
    History:
    Personality:
    Element/Profession: (NOTE: can have more then one of these, i woudn't go crazy with it though, also, just because one person picked the element/profession you wanted DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T have the same one)
    Extra: (age, family, etc.

Will be taking some where around 5-9 RPers, and ill take late entries if you don't get in on time,

LET THE BATTLEDOME BEGIN

Since i'm the creator, i think i'll make a sign-up.

Character Sign Up

Charcter Name: Kimimaro
    Charcter Gender: Male

Description: Kimimaro often wears a white robe along with loose fitting pants. He has big green eyes that he usually covers up with sunglasses. He has long bony arms and legs and has sort of a hunch, which can sometimes be a set-back. He has short black hair,which he combs back when ever he gets the chance to.

History: Kimimaro was born from a family that like violence. His father was a soldier and his mother was killed in a village raid. He has no siblings, but has an uncle that he usually stays with. In his early years, Kimimaro seemed to have a fond relation with making things and seeing how things worked. His uncle noted this, and one day told Kimimaro to start as a mechanic. So Kimimaro was offically elegible for the Light Tier in the Elemental Battledome.

Personality: Kimimaro is often laid back and would rather sit around and nap then master and learn more about mechanics. Although this would make it seem like he is worthless in battle, he already has mastered mechanics, being able to make numerous things. In battle, he's oppositly rash and doesn't hesitate to deliver the final blow if needed.

Element/Profession: Mechanic/Demonolgy

Extra: Age 13, he seems to have mastered his professions at a young age, but he still has much more knowledge and wisdom to gain.

Alright, still taking entries ^.^

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yes, but please don't double post. There's an edit button you can use.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • This looks pretty interesting.

Character Name: Yukina Alvera

Character Gender: Female

Description: Standing at only slightly taller than average, Yukina is a fair girl with hard, sandy eyes and long brown hair tied up in a high ponytail. She dresses in clothes that are easy to move in but still provide protection. Usually a hard leather top with breast and shoulder plate, a belt, and white shorts make up the bulk of her outfit. High boots and black and white gauntlets protect her legs and arms up to the knees and elbows. Over everything is a white cloak and beneath her armor is a short top and shorts mainly as a precaution.

History: Yukina is the eldest of three sisters and was trained from a fairly young age to develop her control of the Sound element. As a child she was able to cause a slight change in sound frequencies which she did just to annoy her parents and sisters. Her parents, neither interested in her pranks but pleased with her ability, told her to train hard and her father made sure she did. With this she became eligible for the Light Tier and a place in the Battledome.

Personality: Yukina seems to be a friendly and cheerful girl on ordinary days. She's perfectly happy to hang out with a friend or do errands and just live an ordinary life. When training or during a battle, however, she denounces all ties of friendship and her hard eyes become cold and heartless. She fights as though her life was on the line and will only regret her actions hours after the battle is over. She works very hard to keep her heart out of all serious matters but has never quite managed to take off the kid gloves when sparing against her youngest sister.

Element/Profession: Sound/Weapon Mastery (Twin daggers)

Extra: Her sisters are Erai and Chian Alvera.

Last edited:

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • I'm finally going to try out for an elemental RP.WoW.First time for everything.

Charcter Name: Vivian Wheschester
    Charcter Gender: Female
    Description: Vivian is as she defines,"short" and is said to be skinny from neck to toes.For that matter,she has blonde-white hair reaching down to the backs of her knees.She wears a black short sleeved T-Shirt with a long sleeved black shirt.Also on her arm,she is sporting a,as she calls it,"arm ring"(see my avatar,shes wearing it on her arm)As for bottoms,she wears black denim shorts,with a matching "leg ring" just above her knee.lastly,she is wearing yellow lae-up tennis shoes.

History:Vivian was born in Big Sky Country-Montanna,but her family moved to Texas when she was 5.She has always had an intrest in animals,which explains her three cats,one(Daisy,a mixed breed) did,making a big impact in her live,making her parents move to a diffrent state(they decided on Ohio)so she could get away from the death site.Thats pretty much it.

Personality:Though she is a,as she calls it,"tomboy,she will do stupid things also.And trust me.She does not like it when you make fun of her.Even trying to calm her down is hard when shes all rared and ready to go.On a lighter note,she will show kindness and enjoyment when around friends and family,making her almost have two sides of personality.

Element/Profession:She has trained ecspecially hard in the art of the Sound element,making it her top element.Her other mastered,though less evective,element is Steel,making Sound a strategy and Steel her real fighting force.

Extra:
    Sisters: Cheryl,age 12
    Tracey,age 15

Brothers:
    Darren,age 13

She has two cats:
    Beige,age 3
    Beatnick,age 2

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • You've both been accepted, manaphy, do the cats help you in battle or what?

UPDATE: Four new professions, and three new elements! Feel free to switch around your sign-up sheets if you like!

Last edited:

Alana

Years
  • Thanks. ^_^ I gave my profile a very slight update by adding Weapon Mastery and twin daggers. Is that all right?

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • Of course it's alright! Both of your sign-ups are good, but manaphy, this isn't set in modern time, this is set some where before the middle ages when there are still villages and no tyranny.

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • OoC: First non-Pokemon RP. My character has a weapon as well as his element, if this is a problem, I can change it
    Burkas are large felt Russian military coats, adopted by the Russian cavalry in the late 1800s, but they were around since at least the early middle ages, but not in common usage.

Character Name:
    Fens Ehtni

Character Gender:
    Male

Description: Fens is 6'0 on the dot, and weighs around 115 pounds. He has a rather angular face, with a sharp chin, and very shallow nose. His eyes are a deep gray, with blue tints around the edges, which are framed by his pale blond eyebrows, which he uses to express a lot of his emotion. He has just-longer-than-shoulder length hair of the same color, which he never even tries to get out of his eyes, letting it fall where it does. He has rather thin lips, and his oddly pointed teeth are barely covered by them. His canine teeth were removed many years ago, and have been replaced with slightly elongated silver false ones, which glint when he smiles.His pale and clammy skin tone are somewhat off putting, and the excessive amounts of jewelery he wears that clunk around his hands add to his somewhat strange appearance. On each of his fingers there is at least one ring, and on his left wrist he wears a silver bracelet, adorned with charms and trinkets from all over the world. He almost always wears a huge gray Burka, which makes him look a lot more bulky and intimidating than he really is. He wears loose fitting brown fur trousers, which look like they could make you feel warm in the Arctic. On his feet, he wears what appear to be traditional sandals, but instead of the usual wooden heels, there are inflated cushions, to absorb shock better. Overall he is quite a strange looking man, and people are somewhat put off by his appearance.

History: (I don't know where this is set, so I am assuming Earth for the moment) Fens was born and raised in Northern Russia to a farming community. He always hated farming, and never understands people when they go on about the beauty of nature. He left his home at an early age, and explored his home country extensively, visiting all the major cities, and trekking across much of Siberia. Cold weather has always suited him best, and he lived in a coastal town for many years, as the har that rolled in off the sea only added to his ability. He has tried quite a few professions, mostly self employed; from bounty hunter to detective, he has always had a knack for finding things. He has always loved his ability to manipulate and create mist, as it allows him to not only shield himself effectively without the need for bulky armor, it also aids him in making dramatic entrances, acting like a smoke machine. He received a letter from some government official stating that he was in fact eligible for the Light Tier of the world famous Elemental Battledome, and he had accepted before even drawing breath.

Personality: Despite his appearance, he is a pleasant individual to those that treat him pleasantly. He makes it clear if he does not like you, and is loyal to people that he respects. He is a fan of mind games and confusing others, which is no doubt, in part, thanks to his Elemental abilities. Despite his friendliness, social situations are not his forte, and he is a spectacular failure with the opposite sex, seeing them as almost a different species to himself. During battle he is as quiet as he can be, and his movements and actions are planned and oddly graceful despite his bulky clothing. He plans things carefully, and means everything he says and does.

Element/Profession:
    Mist, he also carries a crossbow, but would certainly not consider himself a weapons master.

Extra:
    He is 22 years of age, and an only child. Both of his parents have never really supported him, and would much rather he didn't battle. I wasn't sure if this went under personality or not, but he has a long term memory problem, and the charm bracelet he wears acts as a memory aid.

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • Accepted and yes, it is set on earth but before the middle ages. It's cool for him to carry a crossbow without weapon mastery, welcome aborad!

Also, if anyone has ideas about elements/professions let me know and i might add it.

And what does OOC stand for o_o sorry, i know im a noob.

Last edited:

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • Of course, i basically now you know anyways. Still open for more people, we'll take about 3-5 more!

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Yay! I'm not grounded anymore, so I can keep up with roleplays! Awritty, I'll play as a male then, it might be fun XD

Charcter Name: Kouya Satoi
    Charcter Gender: Male
    Description: Kouya wears jeans so baggy, they need to be held up with a large belt. His shirt is a plain dark blue t-shirt. He wears a black sleeveless jacket over his shirt, are rarely ever removes it. His hair is about an inch long, light brown, and messy. He also has a small video camera hanging from his neck on a lanyard, which he pulls out to record things. The camera is about 3 inches long, and a half inch wide with a video screen that flips out. It's silver with black lettering.
    History: Kouya led a normal life up until he turned 10, and became infatuated with the news lady in his town. He then, decided he would be a news reporter, and got a little too exited about it. He bought an extremely expensive video camera that was small enough to carry around his neck everywhere he went. He didn't have any brothers or sisters growing up, so he's a little selfish, but he knows when it's time to stop.
    Personality: Kouya is a generally nice person. He says some things that are mean without knowing what he said was offensive. Kouya loves to pull out his camera at bad times, and record things he knows he shouldn't be. He can be perverted at times, but that's one of his smaller aspects. He's got a dry sense of humor, and is extremely sarcastic, even when he's not trying to be. He has a bad habit of taking things to the next level, and creating drama that had no need of being there.
    Element/Profession: Steel. Kouya likes to show off by making bullets, and sending them flying at the enemy, as if shot from a gun. He carries a dagger, which is tucked into his belt. He will occasionally smack someone with his camera as well.
    Extra: Kouya LOVES his camera and won't allow anyone touching privileges. He is 16 years old, and stands at about 5"8'. He lost contact with his family a couple years back.

Seriously, if there's anything I need to add in, just tell me. Kouya's a character I use frequently in my stories, so if he's not good enough, just let me know ^^

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • Accepted welcome to the RP~!

Plus i updated my sign-up, so i'll be summoning cybernetic demons from now on~!

Contact me for Questions/Comments/Concerns about my RP/Sign-up~!

001_akoO

ooka_100's Arch Nemisis
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 20, 2007
    Just to let all the members know of this RP, Kimimaro left me in charge of the Battledome due to his banning, please direct all questions to me please.

001_akoO

ooka_100's Arch Nemisis
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 20, 2007
    Hmmmm... good question, i'll start as soon as we have one more member active, does that sound cool?

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • Alright without further a due, let the battledome begin.

As Kimimaro walked out of the village he said his final good-byes and set off to compete in the Elemental Battledome. "Wow, this is gunna' be great!" he said exhilarated. Trekking through the forest he could already see the Battledome looming over the forest he was in. He could hear explosions going off in that direction and started to jog at a mild pace. "I sure wouldn't want to miss any action" he thought as he picked up the jog to a run. The explosions became louder and the run became a sprint. He barreled out into a big opening, seeing the entrance to the Elemental Battledome. A banner was hung around the entrance reading, "Welcome all contestants!". Kimimaro ran in just to see the end of a fight between a Hunter and a Nature specialast. The hunter had a pack of wolves surronding the Nature elemental, while at the same time the hunter was snared unable to give orders. The nature elemental snapped his fingers and the branches crushed the Hunter. "Oh, it looks like Kamsheek the Nature elemental has won the match!" there was a loud cheer of the audience, Kamsheek was obviously a crowd favorite. Kimimaro located a sign-up sheet and wrote his name down under the light tier section. The enlister looked Kimimaro up and down, then laughed. "A scrawny kid like you ain't gunna' last 5 seconds in the arena." he chuckled some more. But this stopped once he saw that Kimimaro was drawing a symbol on the ground. "Rise mechanical Hell dog!". Sure enough a 3-headed mechanical dog sprung up. The audience looked his way, then cheered at the sight. Kimimaro immeadtly regretted this and quickly un-sommuned the dog. The enlister looked at Kimimaro with shock as Kimimaro grinned at the thought of being a crowd favorite. "Heh, this is gunna' be more fun then i thought" he thought as he walked to the waiting lounge.

Anyone else can start as soon as they like.

Alana

Years
  • "Showing off at the slightest provocation will be your downfall, Mechanic," said a soft voice from just inside the door. The cool voice came from a girl, perhaps the same age as Kimimaro. A simple white cloak made up her attire and her eyes, sandy brown in color when visible, were closed in a lazy sort of way. She was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed and a calm smile playing across her lips.

There was a moment of silence while the girl appeared to contemplate the back of her own eyelids. Then she stood straight and opened her eyes, giving the new arrival and swift look over. She took in his slim appearance and her smile became more pronounced. "Well, you certainly don't look the Mechanic type. Still, I'm not one to judge, am I? I've never met a one who is successful in that skill."

OOC: Sorry for the short entrance but I couldn't think of what else to type. ^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back