• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

• «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

«Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

"Shadow of a new year."
    Floor 3: Forest of Wavering Mist => Floor 4: Lobria
    HP : 90% - Exp: 26% - Col: 2500
    In the Field => The Lotus Inn

Pixels.

He never got total satisfaction because of that. When they died they just burst into pixels. If nothing else he supposed that it got rid of any real need to hide a body or cover his tracks, but it was still so painfully boring. Sleeping out in the field like this girl had been on New Years Eve also royally pissed him off. It was no fun when they were so easy to take care of... so stupid! He had told this girl his life story as a joke... scared her off to follow her later. She had seemed so paranoid for the first few days, checking over her shoulder... spending so much time with friends... still after a while she forgot about him as he expected she would. He was a ghost, a spectral entity almost. When he didn't want to be known about, he wasn't... and this girl had barely even tried to find him out.

Give it two weeks and its New Years Eve, little lady goes to her boyfriend and tells her to meet him by some damn glade in the field just outside of town on the fourth floor. Says she wants to spend New Years with him... ****ing sickening. Anyways, it gave him the opportunity he needed. Fella doesn't show, maybe not bothered...

Maybe dead?

Kyusai, or Vanish as he went by in game, didn't really care. Either way the girl, completely unaware of any danger, lies down in the glade waiting for mister right and falls asleep.

He had noticed how dainty her hand was as he carefully moved it across the menu interface. It was a shame that the dude hadn't showed up actually, Vanish had to admit that his latest victim was worth a grope while she was laying there so peacefully... he didn't do it of course, that would have been unfriendly, unsanitary and incredibly rude. Say what you want about Kyusai, but at least he was a gentleman and a professional. That sort of behavior was uncalled for.

Once the duel started he did the usual procedure, slap to the face to wake her up and get a reaction, hand over the mouth before she could draw a weapon or, God forbid, scream. Drag the knife slowly across ones own tongue to activate the sword art... and to really instill fear in the target.

Stab. Stab. Stab.

Well, this one was low level, so two stabs was enough. Another reason to be disappointed! Either way, her expression was vaguely interesting before she noticed her HP drop and this boring sense of hopelessness washed over her as she shattered into polygons and data bits.

Boring. "Samey" even.

"Hey! Sorry I'm- O-Oh?"

Was that a voice? A masculine voice? Kyusai turned his head and smiled somewhat, it was a natural and friendly smile. He knew this one... this was the boyfriend. Just a little too late and the poor fool had no idea that his lady love was even dead and gone... maybe the whole "no remains only pixels" things wasn't so terrible after all. Kyusai spoke to the new arrival in a happy and explanatory tone.

"Oho... sorry, were you looking for somebody else? There was a girl here a moment ago... she looked to be crying... though I was pretty far away when I looked." He paused momentarily, masterfully faked worry crossing over his face before he continued.

"I decided to come over here to see what was wrong, but before I could get close she was running away... was she a friend of yours maybe? Perhaps the person you thought would be here instead of, well, me?"

The young man grimaced horribly and approached Vanish with a disappointed look in his eyes. He was ashamed, bless him.

"Yeah man, she was my girlfriend, my one and only... I was meant to meet her here but I was caught up with some mobs. Sorry if my actions had you worried for her... did you see which way she went?"

Vanish patted the ignorant and foolish mans shoulder and pointed to an area where he knew some high level mobs just loved to hang out. The smile on his face remained and beamed with understanding and slight pity. A facade of emotions so perfect that not even the worlds greatest detectives could pick out the lies.

"I think she went that way man, hey don't worry about it... we all make stupid mistakes sometimes... right?"

"Thanks man, you're a real life saver! I'll see you around."

Vanish waved and smiled until the man disappeared around a corner somewhere, far out of view... right into the clutches of what would presumably be his death. Two victims, one night, a couple no less. Kyusai smiled with a tinge of insanity. Things had turned out so much better than he had hoped. He could barely contain his happiness as the night of New Years eve drew to a close and the morning of the new cycle began in full swing.

"Ha... haha... HAHAHAHA! HAHAHA! HAPPY NEW YEAR! AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!"

***​

Vanish walked in tiredly to the lotus inn, back up on floor 4, following that girl all the way back to three had been a pain... and even though he had enjoyed himself thoroughly in the end, he was still left with a sour taste in his mouth after his trek back up.

Still, the inn was a nice place, nice people... though it really made Kyusai feel out of place sometimes. But there were no major threats there and that's what mattered most. The people there were all fairly meh in terms of level... as was he really, but he could tell that just by looking at some of the chumps that frequented the place that they wouldn't be attaining his level of skill anytime soon.

"Yo, Vanish! Back so soon?"

A friendly voice. A player who trusted him foolishly, even was kind enough to get him his new favorite jacket. He got to live for that! Vanish had some time for this man because of this... he could put up with the fools stupid small talk and dialect if it meant using him for more potential armor in the future.

"Yo, happy new year Santoma." Vanish grimaced internally. Stupid meaningless username. "What's up?"

"Not much man." The jester replied in an attempt to amuse the king. "But hey you like unique people right? Folks who don't look like most others passing through? Something about exciting stories or-"

"Yes. Santoma. That's exactly it." His interest rose. Another face to add to his memories... a more unique individual to receive reactions from. Was the jester speaking of a man or a woman? A genius or an idiot? Could it have been someone worth toying with? An expression worth festering and feeding off of... every emotion from friendship, to shock, to pain... to even the understanding of their own demise? Santoma had best hurry speaking.

"Yeah... eh, there's this girl here I heard... fought a boss or something, crafted a really awesome robe..." Santoma spoke and vanish listened with further intent. Boss materials? Rare robe? Was this finally someone skilled...? Someone whom Kyusai could follow for a while... someone he might actually have to try to kill? A worthwhile experience after all this time?!

Santoma pointed across the room to a girl with short purple hair and what was truly a fabulous looking robe indeed. The jester nudged Vanish in the side gently.

"Hey, Vanish... she's pretty cute huh? You think I stand a-"

"No." Vanish stood up from his seat and quickly shot Santoma down, he left the fool at the bar and moved to approach the young woman.

"H-Hey man! C'mon! Help a brother out."

The fact he was still talking royally pissed Kyusai off. The worthless piece of human feces was lucky that he could craft light and medium armor as well as he did.

Vanish didn't openly approach the girl, he observed her for a while... watched her face change with her emotion. The shape of her visage... the way her hair flowed as her slightest features changed... everything about her. How very interesting... oh yes this one was a jackpot! There was a strange kind of resolve in her, he could smell it, see it, taste it from even that far away. She was going to be part of something bigger... Kyusai just knew it. She had that aura about her.

Finally... someone worth his time. He could use her. If she was going places... then he could hitchhike a ride. Yes, he liked the idea of that. Still, it was all just assumption work. If she ended up being worthless to him in the long run like so many others, then he could just kill her for kicks. He was sure at least that her cute face would offer the most adorable look of pain... emotionally and physically if he could gain her trust first.

Now, time for phase one. Subtle flattery, basic conversation making and establishing of a common goal.

Vanish moved to where the girl was and pulled a nearby seat close to her.

"You mind?" He was a handsome man, Kyusai, no doubt about it... and a master of manipulation and lies. There was a certain charm to him in his friendly state... the kind of thing that made many girls swoon. Though wether or not this girl was the "ooo he's attractive" type was yet to be seen.

"That's an incredible robe..." Kyusai said as he sat down. "I was told by a friend of mine who hears more than he should that you made that thing out of a boss material? That takes some serious skill. I bet the story behind that armor's creation is one just dying to be told, neh?" He smiled warmly at the girl, before extending his hand in an act of fluster and embarrassment.

"A-ahh sorry! Where are my manners... I was just curious so... eh... anyways, I'm Vanish, just your typical player I guess." He shrugged gently as his hand sat in the air, offering a shake.

"I suppose before all of that other stuff... I should ask your name right?" He scratched his nose in a way that made him seem awkward... and his cheeks turned red with blush.

It was terrifying for those in the know to think that Kyusai was even capable of replicating basic body language in order to convey a certain atmosphere to himself.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The Family (Godot, Kagome, Tara, and Apathy)
    Floor 4 - Home

"...And that's why we're late..." A rather apologetic Kagome said in a shaken voice. Godot, with his elbow on the chair next to him and his left hand tapping against the table, glared at Kagome from across the table. This was two parts indecision, as he was slightly put off by the strange way Kagome addressed herself and her sisters in the narration (Elder Sister, Younger Sister, and the like) and he wasn't exactly sure what to do about their venture. There was a short silence, with only the sounds of Tara, who was on Godot's lap palming chips into her mouth. Apathy was sitting close to her sister, looking down at the table. Godot pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Well, I'm disappointed," He started. "Disappointed that you disobeyed me." Kagome's lips started to quiver, and Apathy looked over at her sister. Godot leaned his head back and took a deep breath. "But...I'm not your father. The only person I can call my child," he patted his right hand on Tara's head, who jumped slightly as he did, but continued to eat her chips almost robotically, "is this little chili pepper right here." He raised his head again. "So you can understand why I feel this way. I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do, but know that I worry about all of you, and that I told you not to take her out into the wild because I worry for her safety."

"I'm sorry, I just..." Kagome continued to look down at the table as she said this, tears welling up.

"That said..." Godot continued, "part of me's glad." Kagome looked up, surprised. "I'm glad that you're taking care of Tara- that you're looking out for her. You're a good sister, trying to prepare her for the real world...so to speak." Kagome's frown turned into a small smile upon hearing this. "And that's why I'm disowning you as my sister." At this, Kagome shot up from her chair, which tipped over and fell to the floor.

"WHAT!?" She yelled, slamming her hands on the table, causing Tara to jump again, dropping a chip on the floor. Godot picked up the chip, placing it on the counter behind him, and looked back at Kagome with a stern look. "You can't decide that! That's not something you can do! This is a matter of blood!"

"Sis, calm down," Apathy said lightly. "Your getting to that point again." She looked away and said even lighter, "Plus, you and Godot aren't blood related, y'know..."

Kagome looked to the side, frustrated, and took her seat. "Sorry, you know how I get about stuff like this..." She took a deep breath and met Godot's eyes. "But that doesn't change the fact. Why are you doing this?"

"Because, I'm adopting you," Godot said calmly. "You and your sister. I want you both to be my daughters." Kagome's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. The idea was completely out of left field, and she was left speechless. "As for why...well, there are several reasons." Godot lifted Tara up slightly and stood, placing her in the chair. It made reaching into the bowl something of a chore given how short she was. As a result, Godot walked over to the kitchen area behind him, took out a clean pot, and placed it under Tara for elevation. "First, I thought it would be strange for this one to have a sister that also happens to be my sister, it raises certain questions that I'm not prepared to answer." Godot walked over to the kitchen area once again and started taking out bowls. "Second, I bought a house big enough for all four of us to live in. It has three rooms and one of them has a bunk. You and Rise can share a room or, and this is a request from me, Rise can stay in a room with Tara." He walked back over to the table, placing a bowl in front of four of the seats. He looked to Apathy and said, "If that's okay with you, of course. I'd understand if you didn't want to since you and your sister have several years to catch up on." Apathy, whose face was red, didn't seem able to respond, she simply looked down at the table as if she was concentrating on something, prompting a chuckle from Godot. Apart from being overwhelmed by the whole ordeal, much like her sister, she was also probably flustered by Godot so casually calling her by her first name.

Godot walked over and picked up the pot containing the Grier's Stew, returning to the table and distributing a hearty amount into each of the bowls, prompting thanks from Kagome and Tara, the latter of whom was excited at the prospect of more food. He then sat down himself and continued. "The third reason is because...well, this is a bit embarrassing to admit..." Godot scratched the side of his head and laughed nervously. "I'm...not very confident in my ability to be a father. I don't know if I can take care of Tara or even keep her safe. I'm only twenty-five after all- I don't even know if I'm qualified, but-"

Suddenly, Godot was cut off. "Is this some kind of fetish." It came from Apathy who, prior to that point, was mostly silent. "This seems like some kind of excuse for you to take baths with us and say things like, 'I'm your father, listen to me,' while we subserviently meet your every demand and call you 'daddy'." She hugged her shoulders tightly and shuddered. "Then when we're asleep you plan to do unsavory things to us and take advantage of the fact that we're in a safe zone and can't defend ourselves, probably stocking our wardrobes with clothes that are two sizes too small and hiding our armor so that we're forced to go out like that." With a cringe, she uttered, "That's seriously disgusting." Of course, at this all Godot could do was smirk. It'd been some time since he'd last heard her talk at a length, and he was rather fond of how her sense of humor completely betrayed her stone mask. Escaping from the ruse, she picked up her spoon and dipped it into the stew. "...But yeah, I guess. I'll room with Tara."

Godot turned to Kagome and said, "Well, that's one down. How about you?" Kagome was in awe of her sister's sudden 180 and surprised of how little she knew of her sister's new personality. Turning back to Godot, she looked down indecisively before responding. "Do we have to call you 'dad'?

Godot chuckled slightly, "I'll leave that up to you girls, I think you're responsible enough to make that decision for yourselves."

Kagome thought for a moment before responding once more. "Alright then, Pops, starting today, we're a family!" It felt weird for Godot to be called something other than "Godot" or "William", but upon hearing this he was filled with happiness- until Kagome continued. "And as a family, we've come to a decision. All three of us." Godot, who was about to eat some of his stew and had the spoon in front of his mouth at the time of hearing this, raised an eyebrow. It was Tara who continued.

"Daddy, you're weak!" She said rather indignantly. To Godot, these words were a stab through the heart, and he dropped his spoon as if he actually had been stabbed.

"Yeah, according to Kagome, you're still level fourteen," Apathy chimed in, slurping some of the stew. "You're only one level higher than me, now, and for someone who's as much of a battleborn as you supposedly are, you're really weak."

"That pretty much decides it," a jolly Kagome joined in. "You are completely and utterly weak. I honestly don't know how you plan to protect your daughters when you're so weak. You couldn't even take on Tara, and she's only level 2!"

At this, Tara puffed her cheeks and confidently punched one hand into the palm of her other, saying in a cute voice desperately trying to sound tough, "Imma beat ya up!" At this point, Godot was at a loss for words.

Apathy, raising her hand, said, "I taught her that for just such an occasion."

The three girls stood up, took the awestruck Godot by his arms, and picked him up (with Tara pushing him from behind). "So it's decided!" Kagome said, as they dragged Godot towards the door. "You're not allowed back into this house until you're strong enough. I hear floor 5 is pretty fun!"

"B-but-" Godot tried to speak, dragging his feet across the floor and flailing, but ultimately it was a futile effort. He was pushed out of the door, with the doorway blocked by the girls, all of whom were waving with mischievous smiles on their faces.

"Bye daddy!" Tara said, "We can clean up, okay!?"

"Don't come back until you're level 30." Apathy said in a cold manner- so cold Godot almost took her words seriously.

"We'll take care of our little sister. And hey, if you need a place to stay, why not ask your girlfriend?" Kagome said. It was responsible, no doubt, but considering "his girlfriend" (referring to Lucina) wasn't actually his girlfriend at all and that it would be incredibly awkward asking such a thing, he couldn't help but sulk at being put out knowing that he'd have to go to an inn.

With this, the door was slammed shut, leaving Godot to wallow in self-pity.
    "They didn't even let me eat any of the stew..." He got to his feet and let out a heavy sigh. "Whelp...might as well check out the nearest inn..."

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jay

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
    Lucina
    Player level 17
    Floor 4: Lobria

Lucina ran and ran until she was literally tired. She didn't know what to think anymore. Somehow every guy she became friends with within this game turned out really strange or does something really strange. If it wasn't kissing her without a good solid reason it was sort of saving her and turning out to be someone from the past. Lucina was angry at herself at this point, how could she have been so stupid as to not notice?! She sighed and decided to return to the inn for now. Her hands were shaking and she felt something on her cheeks. As soon as she tried to touch it it turned into pixels though. Were those tears? Lucina wiped her face as soon as possible. No one was allowed to see her cry. No one.

Lucina opened her inventory to equip her armor again to feel safer but as soon as her eyes crossed her health bar she stopped. Her face turned even paler than she already was and her eyes widened as she slowly but steadily brought a hand to her mouth. Lucina was shocked to find an unknown status near her health bar. Actually... it wasn't really unknown to her. This was the same status another player she was close with had and deceased because of it... It was the bleeding status.

Lucina stood like that for a few moments before regaining a grip on her emotions on her face. She already decided she couldn't let anyone know about this. Esspecially Robin because he'd just give himself another reason to try to "save" her. Lucina couldn't be saved anymore, at least... as far as she knew this status appears randomly and doesn't disappear. All she could do now was postpone her dead by occasionally using a health potion when her health bar hits the yellow zone. How much did Lucina have left though...? She took a quick look into her inventory and found five health potions. She could live until at least morning with this since stores were closed by now.

"Why me..." Lucina told herself quietly. It was not fair... She had a sister at home. Though, if Lucina made sure she'd keep using these potions, could she actually survive until the very end? Giving up on her own life wasn't an option so she had not much of a choice. Lucina returned to the inn with these thoughts and totally forgot to change into her armor.

------
    «Lucina's white dress» [equipped]
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

Lacy
    Player level 15
    Floor 4: Lobria, Lotus inn.

Lacy watched the beautiful lights in the sky as the clock hit 12. It was the 1st of January now... 17 days before her sisters birhday. She didn't know why her big sister was the first to come to mind. Probably because Lacy would've loved to spend this moment with her but on a second thought... she could already see her sister's angry face as soon as she finds out her little sister entered this game of death as well! Lacy couldn't help but smile a little bit and wonder how her sister was doing, would she have made friends yet?

Lacy felt a little cold and decided to sit somewhere inside the inn with a drink instead. She ordered some hot chocolate from the counter and sat on a nearby table with her drink, sipping carefully while drinking the hot liquid. Even thought this was all just a game, eating and drinking something you liked was somehow satisfying. She enjoyed her drink a little more before a male player with solid black hair decided to sit down close to her. "You mind?" he said with a voice that didn't sound to bad, though... Lacy wasn't going to fall for his flirting tricks this easily. "That's an incredible robe..." The boy said as he sa down. "I was told by a friend of mine who hears more than he should that you made that thing out of a boss material? That takes some serious skill. I bet the story behind that armor's creation is one just dying to be told, neh?" He smiled warmly. Lacy couldn't help but think he was going to be one of those guys searching for a girlfriend and had to refuse again. Though... This one had a strange and dangerous aura around him unlike other guys. What was his story?

"A-ahh sorry! Where are my manners... I was just curious so... eh... anyways, I'm Vanish, just your typical player I guess. I suppose before all of that other stuff... I should ask your name right?" Vanish lifted his hand in the air to offer a shake. For a few seconds Lacy just stared at him. She was surprised by the fact that this turned out to be a rumor. Did any of the guys speak out of their turn? "Maybe he isn't like the others." She thought as a small and gentle smile spread on her lips. "My name is Lacy." She introduced as she shaked his hand. "It didn't quite go like that. Firstly, it was just a mini-boss and second, I had help from a few friends. The sewing part was my job though if I can brag about anything... It took a pretty long time to get my sewing level this high." Lacy took another sip of her hot chocolate. "See? Rumors are rumors because people usually make it sound more beautiful than it actually is."

-------

«Cloak of courage» [equipped]
    «Hair dye: Violet» [applied]

Last edited:

Jay

Years

"A New Play Thing."
    HP : 100% - Exp: 26% - Col: 2475
    The Lotus Inn

"My name is Lacy."

Vanish nodded gently, his generally friendly and happy go lucky attitude shining brightly enough to conceal the dastardly things within. In his mind he spoke to himself, his brain swimming with dark and demonic things as his eyes watched the girls face with feigned interest and hidden glee.

"Lacy... Lacy... Lacy..." In his thoughts he rolled the word over and over through his mind. "What a pretty little thing you are... Lacy... Lacy... La~cy~chaaan!~ I wonder how well you scream? How twisted your face would be when I cause it pain, such an intriguing one I sense, when I sense you." Vanish imagined many things, dark, twisted and just plain wrong and disturbing. He relished the thought of driving this girl through horror and he couldn't tell why. Was this what they called love at first sight? Hoho, if Vanish equated love to death then surely it was.

On the outside, Vanish seemed to contemplate momentarily before smiling at Lacy gently. It was a warm and true smile, a genuine friendly appearance. "Ahh, Lacy huh? Short, sweet and to the point. I like it!"

Vanish looked inquisitively as Lacy continued on to speak about the rumor he had heard.

"It didn't quite go like that. Firstly, it was just a mini-boss and second, I had help from a few friends. The sewing part was my job though if I can brag about anything... It took a pretty long time to get my sewing level this high." Lacy sipped from a small cup of hot chocolate she had purchased presumably before Vanish had arrived. Hmm? Hot chocolate? That could work.

"See? Rumors are rumors because people usually make it sound more beautiful than it actually is." Vanish couldn't help but grin gently outwardly as on the inside he laughed like a damned maniac.

"Haha, sorry, my friend does tend to exaggerate things I suppose." He nodded gently and took on a somewhat more serious expression. "I've had friends who've trusted what they hear too quickly you know? So I know what you mean."

Gentle suggestion was one of Vanish's favorite tactics. He made sure to put the slightest amount of emphasis on the word "had". Not enough to make it obvious that he had intended it to be heard, but just barely enough to make it noticeable. Pity was a powerful tool in the puppet masters trade, people are always more inclined to trust victims. If this Lacy girl asked about those friends he "had" then he could list her a sob story that stretched a mile long. A poor man like little old Vanish, suffering from the pain of loss and looking for friends, whom could possibly feel threatened by that? Still, Vanish didn't like to take chances and a little bit of subtle influence to give him a more trusting atmosphere was required.

So he called a passing waiter.

"Excuse me sir, might I have one hot chocolate please?" He ordered and accepted the drink readily before taking a sip. The great thing about ordering food in a game was that it never took long to arrive.

"Ahh... I love hot chocolate you know? I sometimes get jeered for not being "mature enough" for coffee. But if you ask me coffee is too bitter. I prefer warm, sweet drinks, especially on cold nights like this you know?" He took another sip and smiled genuinely, in both mind and body this time.

That hadn't actually been a lie. Sure he was using it as bait to make this girl more comfortable in his company, similar likes and all that, but he did genuinely mean what he had said. He loved hot chocolate!

Sapphire Rose

Years
    Lacy
    Player level 15

"Haha, sorry, my friend does tend to exaggerate things I suppose." Vanish nodded and took a more serious expression. Lacy thought he was somewhat dissapointed that the story was less amazing than his friend had told him. Lacy didn't mind because she wasn't going to brag about something that didn't happen. The only amazing thing here was her sewing skill. Lacy took another sip of her hot chocolate as she continued to listen. "I've had friends who've trusted what they hear too quickly you know? So I know what you mean." Vanish said and got Lacy's curiosity.

"Excuse me sir, might I have one hot chocolate please?" Vanish called for a passing waiter and soon they ended up enjoying a hot chocolate on this late night together. There were a few things that bothered Lacy. One was that he used "had" in a past tense, meaning that he no longer had these friends. Something that bothered her more was his username. Why would a kind and sweet guy like him use such a hideous username? There had to be some kind of story behind it.

"Ahh... I love hot chocolate you know? I sometimes get jeered for not being "mature enough" for coffee. But if you ask me coffee is too bitter. I prefer warm, sweet drinks, especially on cold nights like this you know?" Vanish shook Lacy out of her thoughts. Lacy blinked a few times before smiling her warmest smile. "Yeah, I don't like coffee either. I think the taste is just awful... I like sweets a lot but as soon as it has a coffee flavor I can't help but disliking it. I prefer tea or hot chocolate." Lacy said as she stared at her hot chocolate. It had been a very long time since she and Lucina had shared a cup of good tea together. It somehow made Lacy feel like she had been neglecting her older sister as she was living her own life. They had grown apart yet they were still so close.

"I've been dying to ask you but I thought it would be rude... I need to feed my curiosity so tell me, why did you choose Vanish to be your username?" Lacy asked straight out.

-------

Boss Information!!!
    Received from Beta-testers. Thank you for cooperating!

The Ghastlygaze, lvl 25

Known Attacks:
    • Tentacle
      The Ghastlygaze will use his tentacles to hit everything around him. His tentacles will grow longer thus making it almost impossible to escape this attack.
    • Ghastycrunch
      The tentacles will bite players that are closer than 3 meter. This attack is a rather harsh one and should be avoided as one bite leads to paralysis.
    • ???
      Unknown attack
    • ???
      Unknown attack

Weak spots:
    • Big eye (!)
      The big eye can't be reached until all tentacles are taken out for an unknown time.
    • Tentacles
    • ???

Information will be added as the boss fight proceeds!

Bed time!

I hope you all enjoyed New Year's eve, however, it's time to get some sleep now! The day will end on April 1st in real life time. You have until then to end your days as the GM's will write the day beginning post on that day.

The boss room can't be entered until the new day starts!

Good night~

Jay

Years

"Names are powerful things."
    The Lotus Inn

What a... lovely smile she had.

Lacy had smiled warmly at him as he ordered the hot chocolate and spoke about his enjoyment of the beverage over other hot drinks. It seemed that his idea had worked just as he had intended. The girl was quickly growing more relaxed, her body language and tone of voice had changed drastically and Vanish was now able to see a little bit deeper into her features. Allowing himself to glance just a little bit more fondly, examining her gently while still not overstepping his boundaries.

He liked her smile... and her eyes were rather distracting as well. She was certainly even better looking than the girl whom he had slaughtered just a short while before this encounter. Though pretty and other forms of attraction didn't go so hand and hand and Vanish had to admit that the idea of groping wouldn't have even crossed his mind had she have been his victim, again, not that he would have done it anyway. He was a gentleman. But all fellows would have thoughts like that pop into their heads briefly when looming over a sleeping girl. It was animal instinct and all that, he just admitted it while others would shake it away in shame.

But all of that vulgar mental imagery was still rather disturbing to him when she had such a pretty smile. He almost felt bad about killing her later, it was that pretty. Still the key word here is "almost".

"Yeah, I don't like coffee either. I think the taste is just awful... I like sweets a lot but as soon as it has a coffee flavor I can't help but disliking it. I prefer tea or hot chocolate."

Vanish perked up gently as the girl stared into her beverage. He was a genius in empathy despite being incapable of many emotions himself. He could read others for basic signs like looks of upset, loss and longing. This girl had that sort of gaze, like she wanted something that she no longer had. Could he use this to his advantage? Could it be used to bend her to his will?

"Fuwahahaha! HAHAHA! Poor child, an empty hole in her heart? I'll fill that nicely I'm sure, with my "friendship" first and my knife to follow!" His sickeningly twisted goals reverberated in his mind and a small smile flicked momentarily across his lips as she wasn't looking. He opened his mouth to say something then, perhaps an attempt to comfort? A query as to wether or not she was alright? Something to further instill in her the belief that he was a kind and caring soul? He supposed she would never know as before he could say a word she was speaking again.

"I've been dying to ask you but I thought it would be rude... I need to feed my curiosity so tell me, why did you choose Vanish to be your username?"

She was curious about him?

"Ha... hehahehhahaheha.... HAHAHAHA! HA... ha... eh..." In his mind his manic hysterics were almost out of control. "It's just so rare to draw interest at all on the first meeting... Nande? Nande?! Nande?! Why am I so good at pretending? If she could only see inside my mind, the horror would be so sweet to witness... but not yet, I want to draw this out longer, much longer."

On the outside Vanish was as composed as ever as he spoke. Not showing any signs of his inner monologue to the outside world at all.

"Names are powerful things don't you think? I'll admit that the reason behind my name is a little corny, but it means a lot to me." He sighed gently, his eyes showed subtle pain. Yet was this pain real or false? Only Vanish really knew. But from what he'd been doing so far... was the answer really all that difficult to guess?

"..."

"I guess I had a pretty crappy life outside of here you know? Sometimes I just wanted to disappear so that nobody would find me. To... "Vanish" yeah?" He smirked awkwardly and scratched the back of his head. "But well, I guess it sounds a bit silly when I think about it like that... it was one of those on the spot usernames you regret later, that's all. Haha!" Kyusai blushed a little and smiled brightly before looking away awkwardly.

"Neh, Lacy... it's late yeah? I'm going to make assumptions and guess that you're going to be staying the night?" He smiled softly, it was an innocent and pure smile, one that held no malice or evil.

"I suppose I'd best rest here too... it's safer than in the field anyway." With that ironic statement he finished his hot chocolate and stood from the table, moving towards the bar to order a room, he looked back and waved gently. "Don't rush off too quickly in the morning if you plan to, alright? I think it would be fun for us to talk again!"

With that Vanish turned so that his face was hidden from her view... and he scowled. Why did he suddenly feel so annoyed?

"Stupid girl." Was all that passed through his mind as he took out some gold and prepared to pay the innkeeper.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • William Danielson||Godot
    Lv. 14||Floor 3

A Sword to Call my Own

After being kicked out of his new home, Godot started towards an Inn before quickly realizing that finances weren't on his side, Godot made for floor 3. This was something of a challenge for Godot, as he had no longer had Mammon's Fang, the sword that he had with him for some time. In retrospect, it was perfect. It was light and complimented his speed, and it was a good length. With that in mind, he had to wonder if it was not so much that the sword was perfect for him as it was that he had simply grown accustomed to the sword. He'd only ever had one other sword, and that was the starting sword, which was practically a distant memory. He'd already had Mammon's Fangby the time he'd met Alistair, and because he'd held onto it for so long he started to grow attached to it, though unknowingly. It wasn't until it broke that he really noticed that he'd placed any stock in the sword.

Regardless, there he was, a cutlass in his hand, facing off against a group of Salamander Warriors. Granted, the cutlass wasn't his choice of a weapon, one of the salamanders who he'd fought and killed earlier left it as a drop. It was called a Basic Cutlass, and its stats supported that. That wasn't the problem, of course- the problem was that it was cutlass. Now, ironically, this was ironic, as it was indeed a curved sword covered by his skill but...he felt unsatisfied. It was so strangely uncomfortable using a sword so different than a katana, and he was never a big fan of cutlasses because of their design. That was his reason for going to the third floor actually, he had to find something. He had to find a sword for him. He felt confident in his ability prior to fighting the boss with Lacy, Ryuu...sei, and the poet because Mammon's Fangwas like an extension of himself.

That said, he didn't want a new katana specifically, he considered that he may actually be holding himself back by confining himself to a single weapon or weapon type. It wasn't much that he was caught up on his old sword's loss- rather, it was difficult getting accustomed to something so different. The idea behind his being locked out was that he was supposed to get stronger for the sake of protecting his family. This meant more than just leveling, and he needed to take the opportunity by the horns. He was actually on his way to fight a strong enemy- a Salamander Knight. It wasn't a boss; rather, it was a monster that spawned after defeating a certain number of Salamander Warriors in a specific area. Supposedly, it used a large, heavy sword that dropped upon defeat. This wasn't really a commonly seen monster, largely because the Salamander Warriors are more trouble than it's worth- in that the experience gain isn't that great and the sword isn't strong enough to waste time on.

Godot was currently fighting four Salamander Warriors at once, and though he was slightly uncomfortable, he bobbed and weaved rather gracefully. The idea when fighting four, for this specific fight, was to lead them all into a cluster and take them out all at once, and that's just what he did. Due to them all being close range and their size, only two of them would ever attack at a time. Generally Godot would have his face to one, which he would hit for slight damage, and then he would get back, watching his back for other attacks. This wasn't the safest way to do it, nor was it the most efficient, but the key to the fight wasn't so much he be able to defeat the salamanders as it was that he test the speed and handling of the cutlass.

Eventually after enough time had passed, Godot baited the warriors into a circle and used Dash Flurry to clear them out all at once. He looked at the cutlass with uncertainty and said, "Nah...it just doesn't feel right." Finally, the Salamander Knight appeared with a boom and attacked without hesitation.

"The Baron, huh?" Godot said, looking at his new sword in his inventory. He equipped his sword and immediately felt a large weight on his back that pulled him to the ground with a grunt. "H-holy..." Godot took a deep breath rolled over to his front, promptly pushing himself up and getting back to his feet. Upon standing, he stumbled backwards, then forwards, trying to regain balance. Finally, he stood tall, realizing that it was more the sudden change in weight that caused him to fall rather than the sword being unbelievably heavy. He reached for the sword on his back and brought it to the front, grasping it with both hands. "Man," he started, surprised, "it really is amazing how mobile Hitomiko can be with her sword despite how heavy these things are. I imagine she trained alot, given how she handles Meteor Blade." It really was amazing. He briefly tried to hold the sword with one arm, but it quickly fell to the ground and planted its front into the rock below. Given how Kagome's move made the sword heavier and that she often used the attack in the air, her Strength stat must have been pretty high.

Godot picked the sword back up with both hands and swung it a few times. It was difficult to manage, but he'd played enough Monster Hunter to know how it handled. That said, merely expecting a lower speed and actually being pushed and pulled by the blade were quite different. It was...uncomfortable, but not off-putting. He swung left and right, getting a feel for the blade's weight. He then swung, let go of the blade with one hand and plunged the blade into the ground with the other. "Hm..." He had to wonder if it was a good fit for him at all, as the sword betrayed his speed and left him simply with slugishness. He imagined if he had more muscle, it wouldn't be too much of a problem, but actual attack strength and speed were more his forte. He returned the sword to his back and unequipped it. Looking to the side, he sighed and said, "Well, I guess...I should head back."

Godot started back in the direction he entered from with a yawn, before hitting a wall. Stumbling, he immediately looked up. "Dammit." He said. The wall reached up rather high. "Dammit!" He looked left and right, noticing that only walls stretched and that the area he'd entered from was completely replaced. "DAMMIT!" He yelled. It was a trap. He'd heard of rooms where people would get trapped until they completed a certain task. Though frustration seeped through his voice, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of excitement that burned his scalp.

The ground at Godot's feet collapsed, and with that, he fell.

William Danielson||Godot
    Lv. 15||Floor 4

Stumbling back through the teleporter, Godot rubbed his hand against his eye and looked around. "I...should probably get some sleep," he said. Godot headed towards an inn he'd seen when he was surveying the town, and upon checking his available funds he realized that he was completely, utterly, 100% broke. Wait...what!? He fumbled about his person, as if he were going to find some col in one of his pockets, but his efforts were futile. That's when he remembered...It must have been then. After all, he was broke despite having defeated several monsters, as well as the salamanders. Despair filled him. He didn't have the energy to return to the third floor and rest in a high place, and there was no way his family would let him back in. He was out of options, and at that point, he was pretty much destined to fall unconscious on a street corner.

That was, until he saw her. The night was a busy one, being of the New Years duology as it was, but her face shown bright like a star in the night- not metaphorically. Call it fatigue, but Lucina was quite literally shining. It was probably something to be worried about, but Godot handwaved the thought. He practically ran over to her, clasped both of his hands together, and leaned in, completely bypassing all formalities. It was clear that he wasn't just tired- it was a miracle that he made it back to the fourth floor conscious. He was borderline delirious from exhaustion and the recent excitement. "C-can I stay with you? Please!?" Normally, he wouldn't drop something so troublesome on her like that, certainly not as directly as he did, but he wasn't exactly in the right state of mind. "My daughters kicked me out and a giant fish took my money!" He looked at her. "I would be forever indebted if you would allow me to share your bed. Or a couch. Maybe a stoolchair. How about the hardwood floor!?" He was rambling, and he was less than self-aware. If he had been able to watch himself, he would feel no end of shame.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

As she proceeded, Wisp only vaguely noticed the boy shouting something after her. She was too preoccupied with resisting the urge to punch him at the moment. How could someone be so self-absorbed to go into a monologue about a duel that just occurred, and at the same time be dense enough to not realise that the person listening was really not amused - to the point of walking away? Was he just an idiot? Well, at least he had been a fun distraction for a little bit... It'd been a while since she had spoken to anyone in such a relaxed manner anyway.

Wisp started to walk slower until she stood still as that realisation dawned on her.

How long HAD it been since she last had a normal conversation with anyone? And why did it happen this time? Her colour cursor obviously hadn't changed. Had the guy really not noticed that either? He was THAT dense?
    She suddenly burst out in laughter. No way! Really? She looked over her shoulder, but as she was already a few streets further, of course he wasn't in sight anymore. She let out a sigh before continuing on her way to the inn.
    Maybe meeting him again wouldn't be so bad after all.

The inn she was heading to for the night was the Cricket Inn. It was a small building, with only 5 bedrooms or so. She'd slept there before as well, and as it was sort of on the outskirts of town she didn't have much trouble staying there. It didn't even have a proper bar, so there was very little chance of running into someone she knew, too.
    As she headed inside Wisp received a friendly greeting from the NPC innkeeper. She smiled back at him weakly. No matter how hard she tried to pretend, it always stung a little, which in turn frustrated her. She should be used to being alone by now...

She sighed again when she closed and locked the door to her room behind her. Safe for the night. She looked outside the window and listened to the hustle and bustle in the city center. Tonight was that night, after all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, WISP!
    January 1, 2023

She received the notification exactly at midnight, and she listened to the church clock outside ring twelve times before she closed the notification screen. 2023 already, huh. She wondered if and how her parents were celebrating it this year. She unequipped her cloak and boots and crawled into bed. If they could see her now, what had become of her... what would they think?

Because of her exhaustion - she had been up for over 24 hours, after all - Wisp soon fell into a deep sleep.
    x

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
    Lucina
    Player level 17

It felt like there was no end to this road that Lucina was taking. Not that it mattered anyway because Lucina's mind was at the confusing event that happened tonight and the fact she was bearing the bleeding status right at this moment. Even when Lucina was deep in thought, her face showed no emotion of the things she felt right now. She wasn't even sure what she was feeling right now, everything was confusing but she had to hold on a little longer... maybe she was able to survive her deadly status until the 100th floor? Even if that wasn't possible, she could still try to extend her life span.

Lucina was brought back to the virtual game reality when Godot suddenly sat down in front of her with clasped hands. He looked terrible... as if he had fought in a war and won just by a hair length. "C-can I stay with you? Please!?" Lucina was surprised and a red faint blush started to spread on her face. "What the-" Lucina wasn't even able to finish. "My daughters kicked me out and a giant fish took my money!" He looked at her. "I would be forever indebted if you would allow me to share your bed. Or a couch. Maybe a stoolchair. How about the hardwood floor!?"

Lucina blinked a few times as she had to process this information. Once she started understanding the situation Godot was in she couldn't help but start giggling and after a few seconds even laughing. Lucina picked a tear away from her bright blue eyes. "How can I say no after you made a complete idiot of yourself like that?" she said with a bright smile on her face. This really made her night after everything that had happened. "Now, get up and follow me. You'll have to explain that whole fish stealing your money story to me later though." Lucina resumed her journey to the inn which had to be close by now.

Once she entered her room she made a place for him to sleep. She didn't feel comfortable with a guy in her bed so she tried making the couch in her rented room as comfortable as possible with all kind of pillows and a blankets. "You can sleep here. Now... if you don't mind. I have a very long day behind me so I really need my rest now." Lucina smiled at Godot before turning to her bed and covering herself in her blanket. She fell asleep almost immediately thanks to Godot who made her forget about the past events for a bit.

------
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

Lacy
    Player level 15

"Names are powerful things don't you think? I'll admit that the reason behind my name is a little corny, but it means a lot to me." Vanish sighed as he started explaining. Lacy sensed some sadness from him but it... somehow felt really strange. It was a feeling she shrugged off pretty quickly though. "I guess I had a pretty crappy life outside of here you know? Sometimes I just wanted to disappear so that nobody would find me. To... "Vanish" yeah?" Vanish rubbed the back of his head. Lacy stared at him and felt... well, bad for him. "But well, I guess it sounds a bit silly when I think about it like that... it was one of those on the spot usernames you regret later, that's all. Haha!" Vanish blushed and laughed. Lacy smiled back but felt like this story wasn't something you should laugh about. It sounded pretty rough...

Vanish told Lacy it was late and asked her to meet up tomorrow before leaving. "U-Uhm... yeah, sure!" Lacy yelled quickly before he was too far away for him to hear her. Lacy stared down at her empty hands where previously her cup of chocolate was. It had turned into pixels after she finished it and it reminded her that this was all just a game... A deadly game. A game where some of the players had brought their real life problems inside... Just like Lacy had. She came here, wanting to see her older sister but in the end she decided to avoid her due the distance that had grown between them within the years... Lacy got up and walked upstairs to the room she had already rented.

-------

Good Morning!
    January 1st, 2023
    9.43 am

Good morning players of Sword Art Online!
    As you may know, the boss room is unlocked now! Everyone can enter as they wish but beware!
    This boss won't be as easy as the other bosses so teamwork is required.
    Have a good day everyone!

Message sending...

To: 1000+ players

As you may all know, the boss room got unlocked last night and this boss isn't exactly easy peasy... So everyone who's already working out a plan. STOP. Because I got one that will work perfectly at him.

I received information from a few beta-testers friends who had to deal with a similar boss and together we came up with a perfect stratagy against him. I'd like to tell you all about it so please meet me at the 5th floor in front of the boss room at exactly 1 pm. I suppose everyone should be awake by that time.

See you then!
    Devon.

Years
  • Aria
    Lvl. 12 | Exp. 93% | HP. 59% | Col. 1528
    Floor 3 - Forest of Wavering Mist

Aria swung her shield-arm wide, catching one of her insect attackers full-on in the face and sounding off a loud CRACK as it left a deep, visible gash in the shell between the creature's compound eyes. It staggered backwards, then lost its footing completely and fell to the ground, shattering into a hundred glowing shards. Aria found herself shivering as she hunched back into a ready, defensive stance - half because of how unsettling-yet-satisfying she found that particular sound, half simply because it was so bleeding frigid on this floor.

A quick turn to the left and she faced the only remaining monster. Which was, of course, nearly identical to roughly half of the mantis knights she had seen over the course of the last two hours. And not just in looks, at that - they all moved in the same sort of way, swung their weapons at the same sort of crooked angles, and all swarmed her with the same sort of uneven traipse. All of them had their slight variances, certainly - she couldn't fault the system for that - but in the end, every encounter was beginning to feel the same.

Take this particular mantis knight, for instance. Aria observed as it slumped to her right, then leaned the entire opposite side of its body into whipping its blade-arm around, coming fast at her from just below its shoulder. Surprising amount of speed for something with no apparent muscles, that. But she had seen the same kind of full-body swing from the first monster in its "pack" to come at her, and from close to every one of them since.

Rather than holding form, perfectly secure behind her shield, Aria rose her shield-arm up sharply to meet the blow, knocking the mantis' arm harshly to the side where it stuck harmlessly out of the way - no muscles, no resistance. The creature couldn't even regain its posture before Aria had swept the head of the spear up across its body and whipped it back around to her side, leaving two brightly-glowing slash marks across its thorax and face. In the next instant, its figure burst and vanished entirely just as its ally had.

Aria did a brief spot-check of her surroundings and sat herself down at the base of a nearby tree, only settling her gaze on the <<RESULTS>> window when she was sure that the area was clear of monsters for the immediate moment. Well, as sure as she could be, as it were. The thick fog (even more extensive than back home, she could hardly believe) made it hard to tell much of anything beyond about a dozen meters, even with the Detect skill.

Which meant that this was one of her worse ideas, to be sure. Fantastic on paper - hike to the third-floor hunting grounds by sunrise to rack up experience against monsters, come back before other players started to come out in force (which would likely set off her Detection skill like mad in this mist), and perhaps-but-probably-not commit to a new bit of armor by lunch. In practice, though, she was hardly the right level to be here without a party, and what was worse, being on her own on such a low-visibility floor was making her constantly anxious that some creature or deranged player could slip past her notice jump her at any given time.

Aria dismissed the notification in front of her and watched a few of the numbers on her display inflate slightly. As things were, she hadn't been ambushed yet, at least, and the rewards were quite favorable when compared to the previous floor. Really, a couple of more encounters and she should be at the next experience level.

She chuckled a bit to herself as she leaned back into the trunk of the tree. Here in particular, the concept of "leveling up" seemed absolutely arbitrary. After all, at this point, most of the reason she wasn't an absolute embarrassment was practical experience and learning how to move properly, not whatever the game said her strength was.

Though the numbers seemed to be helping to keep her largely intact so far, so she couldn't really complain too much.

Last edited:

Jay

Years

The Lotus Inn

The night had been long and horrible again. Vanish rarely slept, Kyusai occasionally slept to remove exhaustion, but Vanish didn't... and the individual lying out sprawled on the rented bed was definitely Vanish. It wasn't that Kyusai suffered from a split personality, only a conflicting one. The guilt he felt for the killing was Kyusai, the little mistreated boy, while the pleasure he felt was Vanish, the psychotic machine whom no longer had to care. Depending on which one he was channeling, Kyusai would mentally refer to himself as either or.

He hadn't called himself Kyusai in a very long time.

It was bright out, January first in his new playground. Time for even more death and destruction to be had. It had started to grate on him a bit lately, the killing that is. It was getting easier with practice, he was getting very good at it and it made it so easy. The rewards were getting more bitter rather than sweet due to the sheer repetitive nature. Last night, he had heard a girl burst into the bar downstairs, screaming and shouting, crying and moaning. Her best friend and her brother had gone missing on the floor below. They hadn't been responding to messages either. She was worried for them, she was afraid that they were dead.

Not even a smirk. Vanish couldn't even smile at it anymore. He had considered taking in some reactions, going downstairs and comforting the girl, asking her questions about the transpired events. Some sort of cruel irony to perk him up. But he really just hadn't been bothered.

How long had he been lying there now? All through the early morning since he had arrived in his room, he hadn't slept a wink and counting the hours kept his mind busy. He supposed the exact time frame didn't really matter. He thought back to the message he had only just received, a man named Devon asking him and countless others to meet up at the new boss door for yet another battle to end all battles. How boring, he didn't even want to show up, there was no spark to any of it anymore. He had no more drive in his life... no more inspiration in his art...

...or did he?

He thought back on her again, the face, name and persona of the girl from the night before. "Lacy, Lacy, Lacy..." He rolled the two syllables off of his tongue over and over. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but she enticed him, there was a certain... purity to her. So far away was she from his overwhelming corruption that he felt drawn to her. He wished to know her, befriend her, make her his ally... and then he wanted to ruin her, he wanted to kill her brutally and see the pain of betrayal plaster onto her face. He wanted to taint her purity.

Yet it made him feel... sickened. As if everything else he had done was okay but for some reason these thoughts conflicted and didn't sit well with him. Why exactly had he said that about his name to her? Why had he told her that he wanted to disappear back then? This Lacy girl... she was a danger to him, he realized now, her purity served as a mirror for what he was becoming and what he could have been.

Pure.

"Ha... hehaha... HAHAHA!" He laughed out loud with no fear of being heard from his bedroom. He could just make some excuse if anybody questioned him so it didn't matter.

Lacy would have to die. He would have to make sure her death was brutal too. To re-convince himself of who he was now, to taint and destroy her purity would surely crush his final regrets and force him to delve fully into this beautiful madness of his. Yes... he was glad he met her. Even if he was bored of the normal killings, she would keep him occupied for a while, she would be his object of destruction and he WOULD destroy. She was just a metaphor for what he was now destined to be.

Corruption.

<<Message Received>>

"Oh? What's this?"

Vanish had received another message. Two in one morning, the Devon fellow and now this? What was this all about? He wondered and decided to browse through his menus with a lazy yawn. He went to his inbox and found a single unread message. Now then, whom was this from?

To: Vanish

What on Earth? The data for the players name wasn't found? Was this some sort of glitch...? Or had someone somehow masked their identity? Was there even a way to do that? Vanish hadn't heard as much, but then how? What sort of mysterious sender would deliver such a thing to him? What kind of message did someone with enough prowess in the game t such a thing have for him?

This was all so very curious.

We know what you are.

Vanish, we are aware of your activities as a player killer... but never have we found someone so capable of blending into the common crowd. Your kill count is higher than almost every member of my organisation, yet your status is green and there are innocent and upstanding players in this world whom respect you.

You are truly callous... and it is this that makes you desirable.

Your identity is safe with us, we assure you, however... we have a request. You need not know whom we are and we need not ever meet face to face. But my organisation is in the business of having players removed quickly and quietly both. Should you refuse, then this will be our last interaction.

Should you accept however, then I ask this of you.

We are all now aware that the boss door is open... and we know that someone among the righteous will lead the charge. The player whom does the most good in the fight against a boss is rewarded the spoils and drops from the battle. You know this already. The player whom does this is regarded with honor by the others whom fight alongside them, their very existence is a positive thing.

But what if we could turn this around? Imagine that my friend, the reaction of the masses in shock and horror as one of their champions is destroyed.

We know you live for that. The reactions of those whom trust so readily, the pain they feel. We know you desire it.

Whomever is rewarded the drops from the upcoming boss... for our own reasons we want them gone.

We offer you the chance to end them in their prime. Regardless of whom it is...

Kill them.

We feel the challenge and impact of your actions should be reward enough. Our organisation will have no involvement in this... and we know the only other player capable of doing this with finesse and silence is you. If they die without a fuss, vanish without a trace, then we will know that it was by your hand.

And perhaps then we might work together again.

Do not reply to this message... and I hope you consider my offer.

- A friend

Vanish closed the message with a dark smile and deleted it from his inbox. Just when things start to get boring, he's informed of an opportunity he would have missed, the chance to bring entire crowds of players a drop of fear in their hearts. The chance to spread unease around so many. He would go to the boss fight, wait to see whom got the spoils... and then he would take care of them while they were basking in their glory. Silently, without any fuss... they would be gone and Vanish could send a small unnerving ripple through the masses.

Excellent, yes, magnificent even.

The boss, he imagined Lacy would surely head there. She seemed the type to push forward with a heroic charge. Use her as a free pass, a companion to fight the boss with so that he might see the strongest individual for himself.

Then he would kill them. Then he would kill Lacy. Perfection. Absolute perfection. Vanish rose from the beds and equipped his weaponry and armor, a massive overbearing smile spread across his face as suddenly he had what he was missing before.

A worthwhile objective.

***​

The bar area was fairly quiet as Vanish sat at a table in open view of the stairs leading to the bedrooms. Not so close to be obvious, but close enough to be easily notable upon coming down. Lacy would see him... and she would talk to him again. He had absolutely no doubts about this. He knew she would. Then it was a simple matter of convincing her to take him along to the boss room. He could find his mark and form a more solid relationship with Lacy through combat with the newly discovered beast.

Two birds. One stone. He liked that.

With his twisted thoughts hidden behind a pleasant smile and a cup of hot coffee. Vanish waited for the new object of his obsession to awaken and greet him. After all... to her? He was just a troubled soul in need of a friend.

"Haha... HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!" The inner thoughts of Vanish burst into a hysterical laughter, perfectly concealed beneath the calm and friendly face that Kyusai wore.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years

Robin - Lvl 13
    Floor 3: Forest of Wavering Mist
    HP: 63% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6648

Spoiler:

"Haa...!" Robin slashes at the mantis' back as soon as he get behind, wiping out its last bit of HP, turning the Mantis Knight into pixels. Robin stays in his place as he takes a deep breath, then sheaths <<Nightfall>> back in its place. Dawn has finally awoken, & Robin's reaction was a yawn. He's been training all night, fighting any monster he spots in the dark. In that same night, he managed to level up. That's one level stronger. It's a slow process, but anything is better than nothing.

Since he hasn't gotten any sleep, Robin's a little tired. It's strange that sleep is a necessity in this game. It can't be helped. Already close to the Teleport Gate before dawn, Robin walks a few minutes to the gate & returns to floor 4. At the same time, he got a message from a player named Devon. Curious, he played the message when he arrives back in Lobria.

To: 1000+ players

As you may all know, the boss room got unlocked last night and this boss isn't exactly easy peasy... So everyone who's already working out a plan. STOP. Because I got one that will work perfectly at him.

I received information from a few beta-testers friends who had to deal with a similar boss and together we came up with a perfect stratagy against him. I'd like to tell you all about it so please meet me at the 5th floor in front of the boss room at exactly 1 pm. I suppose everyone should be awake by that time.

See you then!
    Devon.

So this is about the boss. Whoever this Devon person is, he better know what he's doing. Everyone who's participating are now in his responsibility. "Yawn..." It seems Robin was getting a little drowsy, so he heads to the nearest inn. He puts on his hood so no one could see his tiresome self. When he gets a room, he sets an alarm for himself with his own jingle, a time before 1 PM so he wouldn't miss out on the boss battle, especially since there's been murder after every boss battle. He can't miss out on a single battle. Everyone's life is at stake at all times.

Before he falls into deep sleep, only one question floats in his mind... Why must I keep fighting this endless struggle...

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
    Lucina
    Player level 17

Lucina woke up in the early morning- ... not so early morning considering it was 9.43 am already, and got up. She didn't even bother to take a look if Godot was still on that couch and left her rented room in a hurry. Lucina wanted to be somewhere quiet so she could think about how to deal with her feelings and how to deal with the situation. All these things were new for her but her priority should be beating this game right now, especially since she was running out of time. If it should be her priority... then why wasn't it...?

Lucina ran downstairs and adjusted her hood as she eyed a black haired and suspicious man. It seemed like he was waiting for someone but all of that wasn't Lucina's problem. She had other problems. She left the inn with a hasty look on her face and ran with her cape following her gracefully in the wind. Somewhere near the walls surrounding the town was an empty spot with a tree. Lucina sat down against it and sighed as she started thinking.

"So... Robin turns out to be that guy..." She whispered to herself as she summed up all her problems. "I had a crush on that guy but does that mean I have a crush on Robin?" She thought and stared into the sky. "And... my bleeding status... how was it caused?" She blinked a few times since she kinda already knew the answer to that question. It happened right after she was attacked so maybe she was supposed to get the paralysis status or the poisoned status but it glitched. "How do I beat this game with a bleeding status...?"

------
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years

Mamoru - Lvl 15
    HP: 100% - EXP: 35% - Col: 2703

Spoiler:

"Rise and Shine!" I shout out. Actually, that was in my head, & I'm still snoring in bed. Because of that, I roll off the bed & land flat on the floor. The sudden jolt woke me up immediately as I rose to my feet with a breath of fresh, virtual air. "Good morning me," I shout out as I stretch. Feels good to stretch!

As I head out of the inn while I take out a piece of bread from my inventory, I think to myself, "Boy, I wonder what new stuff will happen this year?" There were other stuff on my mind, but most of them were about the new year. Mmm, good bread. Huh? I notice that Robin is walking by, & I catch that he's tired. I know him well, so I know he's been out training all night. Guy never learns. I sigh & continue eating my bread. I should explore the wall more! With that in mind, & leave the leftover piece of bread in my mouth hanging & run straight ahead!

Why do I feel like these buildings near the wall are just for show? Well, at least there's a tree. Dunno why, but tree~ Hey, it's Lucina! ...I have a devilish thought... I quietly hide on the opposite side of the tree from Lucina, getting my left hand ready. I take a peek at Lucina, who's thinking about stuff, & point my finger gun at her head. Did I mention I made a creepy face with a scary voice? "Hey. You wanna die...?" ...

...I stayed in that position & stance for 10 seconds without flinching, then I just burst out laughing while rolling on the floor, holding my gut. "Ha ha ha! That was so good! I can't stop laughing!" I stopped laughing immediately after that, stood up & dusted myself off. "They lied. I can stop myself laughing." I tell myself, even though Lucina could hear my thoughts. Is she psychic? I smile at her & place my hands on my hips. "So what's new? ...year?" That joke just came to me as I spoke. I'm good~

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Kagome & Apathy
    Lv. 17 & Lv. 13||Home

Apathy, who was rocking back and forth in a chair, eating some rice that she'd brought with her, heard a knock at the door. Without moving, she yelled in the door's direction, "What's the password!?"

"M...Mirai Nikki." The voice responded, almost hesitantly. At first, Apathy didn't move, but finally she put her rice down and headed to the door. Upon opening it, she found a confused Kagome. "I seriously don't know why you picked that as the password."

"Well, there were two reasons." Apathy waited for Kagome to walk inside and closed the door. "The first was because I wanted to hear you try your hand at the mother language, and that paid off in its own rite." Apathy chuckled. "The second reason was that Godot absolutely hates Mirai Nikki with a burning passion. Naturally, if he tried to get in, even if he did know the password, he wouldn't have the will to do so. It was all apart of my crazy-delicious-evil-extra-spicey-but-never-dicey-master plan."

Kagome laughed while walking over to the kitchen area and preparing some food. "Well Tara's with the other kids at The Caged Bird, so we're pretty much set to go take out the boss. You ready?"

"Yeah," Apathy replied, finishing off her bowl of rice and decreasing its durability to 0, causing it to quickly disappear. "Let's go."

Sapphire Rose

Years
    Lucina
    Player level 17

Lucina summed up a few more things in her head. As far as she knew the bleeding status was a glitch status and a fatal one. She actually knew a player that died from this status. "Seems like I'll be following you the other side... right, Shiren...?" Lucina whispered quietly to herself as a sad look on her face appeared. Everytime she thought about just giving up and saving everyone the trouble she either thought about her little sister, Jade or Godot. Jade would be left all by herself and Godot would bring her back to life to give her an endless lecture.

A small smile appeared across Lucina's cheeks but faded off as soon as Robin got back on her mind. She felt bad about yelling at him like that. It was not like it was his fault that Lucina had been having this bright imagination. It was what she hated about herself the most. Though... she couldn't bring herself to apologize to Robin. "If he cared about what happened then he would've come after me... maybe he didn't see me as a friend after all. This was for the better. Now I can concentrate on more important things." Lucina stubbornly told herself and even made a stubborn face while crossing her arms.

Suddenly she heard footsteps coming closer. "Hey. You wanna die...?" a familiar voice said behind her as that person put a finger on her head. Lucina only sighed and just hoped he hadn't heard what she just told herself. If it's someone who would stick his nose in someone elses business it would be this guy. She could tell that much after seeing him just once. A few seconds after that Mamoru rolled on the floor while laughing. "Ha ha ha! That was so good! I can't stop laughing!" after saying that he got up and brushed off the dust from his clothes. "They lied. I can stop myself laughing." Lucina sighed even more. This guy was so noisy... how did he end up becoming Robin's best friend? They're completely the opposite.

"So what's new? ...year?" Mamoru asked her as he put his hands in his hips and stood in front of her. That was... so lame... "Go away, Mamoru..." Lucina told him. "I don't think your friend would like to hear that you've been bothering me." Lucina wasn't one to snarl at people but just when she was trying to forget about Robin, this guy turned up. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean that... but it's better if you'd leave me alone."

------
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

Lacy
    Player level 15

Lacy woke up and yawned as she stretched. She slept pretty badly last night. It was probably due that she fell asleep around 2 am since she had a lot on her mind. There was something about this guy, Vanish, that bothered her but everytime she thought about it she pushed the thought away like some memory she didn't want to think about. Lacy got up slowly and opened her inventory to equip her self-made cloak, something she was really proud of. This game had endless possibilities, too bad that it was made by bad people who had bad intentions while they made it...

Lacy got downstairs and rubbed in her eyes as she almost tripped at the last step. She hoped nobody saw it and brushed it off with a sheepish smile. She looked around the inn and as she did, she found Vanish sitting at a table. When you're speaking about the devil...

Lacy smiled and got closer. "Good morning, Vanish." She said softly. "Do you mind if I sit here...?" She asked politely.

-------

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years

Mamoru - Lvl 15
    HP: 100% - EXP: 35% - Col: 2703

Spoiler:

Of course, Lucina wasn't in the mood to talk... Depression is the worst. Too contagious. "Robin wouldn't mind me flirting with you," I shrug, also shrugging my shoulders. I snicker, finding this funny & interesting. Guess she's still not in the mood. I sigh & begin to walk away.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone to mope about boys." With that, I disappear...

...OK, I didn't really say that. You all just saw what I was imagining. Learn to tell fake from reality, kids~ ...OK, I did say what I said, but the part where I disappear, I didn't. Sure, I was walking away, but I immediately came back & replied, "You can't get rid of me that easily!"

Anyway~ I sat down next to Lucina & yawned a long mouthful. "So...thinking about stuff? Most people who sit by trees think of course." It's true, right? Why else would someone sit next to a tree? "So, maybe you're thinking about boys, thinking about Robin, thinking about a Paladin who loves slaying undead. PS, undead is like he's having a birthday party." What? I have to talk about stuff outside the game? Plus, I'm making conversation here. ...Ha ha, everyone needs to learn to laugh once in a while! Where was I? Oh yeah! ...Lost it.

I scratch my knuckles on my fabric armor & breathe on them, "If you have a crush on Robin, tell me about it. I know all~ alalalallaaalllallllllllaaaaaaaaaallllllll about Robin." I give a thumbs up to her, showing that I can be a cool guy. I'm cool, right? ......That silence says it all.

Sapphire Rose

Years
    Lucina
    Player level 17

"Robin wouldn't mind me flirting with you," was Mamoru's answer to Lucina. Lucina facepalmed. "Fine, I'll leave you alone to mope about boys." Mamoru turned around and walked away which relieved Lucina... until he turned around and came back stating that she wouldn't get rid of him that easily. Lucina sighed as she was already getting tired from him. This guy had a lot of energy...

He sat down next to her and started rambling nonsense again."So...thinking about stuff? Most people who sit by trees think of course. So, maybe you're thinking about boys, thinking about Robin, thinking about a Paladin who loves slaying undead. PS, undead is like he's having a birthday party." Lucina flinched at hearing the thinking about Robin part and got annoyed. "Mamory, shu-" Lucina couldn't even finish or he'd start again.

"If you have a crush on Robin, tell me about it. I know all~ alalalallaaalllallllllllaaaaaaaaaallllllll about Robin." Mamoru gave a thumbs up but Lucina wouldn't even look at him. She adjusted her hood that had to hide her bright red face. Why the heck does this guy think she has a crush on Robin? Why is she embarrassed ad can't she jus say no with a neutral face?

"I-I... I don't have a crush on Robin... I don't want to see that man ever again..." Lucina spoke quietly as she turned away from Mamoru.

------
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

• Retrospect - A Sword to Call my Own: Conclusion

Godot lay on his back looking up at the hole he'd fallen from. He didn't sustain too much damage as he'd managed to slow his fall by stabbing his sword into a wall. It didn't seem necessary, really, as that part of the trap did not seem as if it were meant to kill its prey. Godot looked to his right and saw a passage. It seemed like his only choice. He sighed and stood up, drinking a Minor Potion of Healing. "Guess this training session's turned into an adventure." He cracked his neck and relaxed his arms. "Last time one 'o these happened I got a daughter. Maybe now she'll get a brother." He laughed to himself and headed in the direction of the corridor.

The cave was colored with dark granite and winding halls, and it stretched for quite a ways. Godot grimaced, and as he progressed, he constantly looked backwards. This was not so much for fear of enemies as it was for fear of traps, as he would hardly have been surprised if a giant boulder began rolling towards him. It was a while before anything happened, when suddenly a part of the ceiling crashed to the ground in front of Godot. He readied his sword, and as he did the portion of the ceiling that fell formed itself into a rather mobile golem. The golem brought down its fist, and Godot blocked with his sword. The problem, however, came from the fact that Godot blocked by gripping the handle with both hands and holding the sword horizontally, causing the golem, his sword, and him to fall to the ground.

Rather than taking this chance to switch to his cutlass and attack, Godot instead decided to unequip his sword and run further into the dungeon. It wasn't so much that he was fleeing, exactly, it was simply that corridors did not make for ideal battle locations, and his sword didn't allow for him to swing horizontally. He was determined, however, to continue using the sword. If he was able to handle using large swords in pretty much any other game, there was no reason that he couldn't do the same in Sword Art Online. Unfortunately, he didn't get far before a horde of rat-like creatures rushed at him from further in, and they seemed to be filling the entire width of the walkway. Godot clicked his teeth, the number of rats that were there could have very easily wiped out his health bar in no time flat. He didn't falter, however, realizing that doing so would only result in death. Instead, he leapt forward, jumping on some of the rats as he did and making sure to pick up his feet quickly in following leaps. Upon making it past the rats, he continued onward until he reached an open area not far off. Immediately after entering the area, which seemed large and open, he turned around and quickly equipped his weapon. His weapon now shone a scarlet color, and Godot exclaimed "Mosquito's Kiss!" The rats from before charged their now stationary target who stood with his sword facing them. Just as the rats came to the corridor's exit, Godot immediately began to spin around violently, slashing horizontally at the ground and killing the monsters as they came. Due to their number and his balance instability, some still made it through, but the health gained by Mosquito's Kiss canceled out the damage he was taking, and the rats that did hit him died on impact.

Then, although distant, Godot heard a sound that seemed similar to a small wave crashing to the shore on a beach. He struggled to stop himself, but by the time he was able to do so, he was too disoriented to note the coming danger. The golem from before had charged towards him, killing all of the rats in its path as it did, and it eventually collided with Godot, sending him flying through the air and landing quite a ways away. "Dammit…" Godot grumbled to himself, picking himself up. He looked to the golem, and much to his dismay, the pathway from earlier that lead to the large, open room closed itself off. Worse, from the walls came two more golems. "Wonderful, more friends. I was starting to think it wasn't lively enough around here," Godot said to himself, sarcastically. He leaned against his sword, with the blade stabbed slightly into the rock below him allowing it to support his weight. He looked at the three golems, all of whom seemed to be charging toward him. "Whelp, I guess it's time to invent my own style," He said with a sigh. He eased off of his sword and unequipped it, nonchalantly. As soon as he did, he jumped backwards, seemingly just as the golems were going to collide with him. The golems collided with each other, as a result, creating a loud, booming crash. Godot expected this much, but he hadn't expected that they might have been different distances away, and one of the golems just so happened to be ahead of the other two. This golem, who continued charging at Godot, did not collide with its peers and instead made it just ahead of them.

Godot continued to leap backwards, creating an increasingly narrowing gap between the two with each step. The golem grew close, and once it was a few feet from Godot, he smirked. Quickly, Godot stopped and spun around, equipping The Baron as he did and using its weight to sweep at the legs of his adversary. The golem fumbled and fell to the ground, and Godot took this chance to jump on its back and claw at him from behind. A single hit created a crack in the Golem's back that revealed what seemed like a red gem. "This must be-" Godot started, immediately before taking note of the two other golems that were now at both of his sides, raising their fists to strike. He drew back, just before they were to strike, and as they did their fists met with enough force to make the floor shake. Godot unequipped his sword once again, preparing for the golems' next strike. The fallen golem stood, and the other two faced him. "Faced", in this case, was rather ambiguous, as the golems did not have faces, they were merely constructs of mineral. Specifically, the golem that Godot first encountered was made of granite and was made up of sharp angles, while the other two seemed artificial in that they were made up of large, round parts. Even their heads, fists, and feet were made up of spheres.

The two spherical golems, who were at both sides of the granite golem, moved away from the center golem and, upon reaching a certain distance, the three charged at Godot. Unlike the previous charge, however, where they tried to damage the young warrior with their weight and acceleration alone, this charge seemed more human, with the golems standing upright and running towards him. Even more, the golems did not charge all at once; instead, the one to Godot's left started, then the one to his right, and finally the one in the center. It was a smart strategy. With this, Godot started sprinting towards the golems. It would have been easy to utilize his speed to kite the golems, but considering their adaptive habits, it seemed most viable to go on the offensive. Godot arrived at the first spherical golem and, just prior to its strike, he slid under the sizable gap between its legs. Just as he did, he came to the second golem, which seemed to have been waiting for such a thing to happen. It punched down at where Godot was going to be and, reacting to this, Godot equipped his sword and promptly unequipped it, slowing his slide and allowing him to stand and run up the golem's arm. He had no intention to stay on the construct, and he swiftly made to jump off of its back.

Thus, he leapt, but he knew that that was his chance. After stepping off the beast, he re-equipped his sword and lodged it into the beasts back, sticking itself into a crack he'd just formed. Knowing that the final golem was just behind the one he was on, he put his sword away once again and, as if on cue, the angular, granite fist of the final golem met with the back of the spherical one, causing it to fall to pieces. Godot hit the ground running, making to get behind the now fumbling granite golem and attack its weak spot. With a jump and flick, the first of the golems to meet Godot crumbled to the ground, leaving only one more.

Looking back at the final golem, it seemed to be motionless. As for why, Godot wasn't sure, but its stasis did him little good, as he relied on its momentum to strike. It wasn't long, however, until exactly what was happening came to light. The remains of the two golems that had fallen started to shimmer and shake. Godot was bewildered for a few moments, but it wasn't long before he realized the oncoming threat. "I guess even Kayaba can't resist a good gattai, huh?" He said with a sigh. This posed a problem for the warrior, as his fatigue was starting to get to him. Normally, he would have been fine, but considering he didn't have proficiency in Two-Handed weapons and that the particular weapon he was using contrasted so much with his normal armory in terms of weight that it was taking a toll, especially due to his methods of keeping mobility while maximizing power. It didn't help that it was rather late at night and he'd spent much of his time earlier fighting salamanders.

This, of course, mattered little to the golem. The spherical limbs of the last standing golem came apart and levitated in the air, and as it did, the fallen golems' parts began to move into place. Almost like a jigsaw puzzle did the parts shift and swap, clicking into place once they'd found their new homes. It was a sight to behold, and it really spoke to Godot, who was quite the fan of mech anime and transformation sequences. At this point, however, Godot was filled with a balance of exhaustion, annoyance, and excitement, to the point where the transformation of the smaller golems into a Goliath Golem hardly fazed him. Despite this, it was rather off-putting. The golem was now horribly large, and its limbs, rather than being tight and stiff like its predecessors', were long and springy. It had quite a bit of reach, and it seemed to dominate the empty dome that the two were in.

Godot's path, however, was clear. The midsection of the giant cracked slightly when the other parts of the golem clicked into place above and below it, revealing the final weak spot. All he needed to do was climb the golem and hit the midsection, simple enough- though there was no way it would be so easy in execution. It would be an exaggeration to call the golem titanic, but its size was staggering, and the way it moved compared to before was well worth noting. With the weak spot being the center of its axis, it seemed that the top part of its body moved completely separately from its lower half, which, in theory, would allow it to spin. Similarly, this meant that the golem had no blind spot, and as such, there was no possible way to surprise it. Needless to say, Godot's enemy was quite the construct.

Finally, the beast struck. Godot unequipped his weapon, prioritizing speed once again, and braced himself. As he'd suspected, the golem did seem to spin like a top, but he hadn't expected it to be so fast. The golem's rotation started slow, but it quickened into something that seemed as if it would conjure a cyclone, and Godot felt as if he was being pulled in. Despite its rotation, the golem's legs remained steady, and they began to move towards the PC. "T-Tch..." Godot uttered inadvertently, finding it difficult to move. As with before, however, he would be incapable of progressing so long as he remained on the defense.

It would have been the easiest thing for Godot to equipMeister's Soul and cling to the golem's arm, using that as leverage, and allowing him an easy path to his target, but he decided that he keep his challenge to himself to only use The Baron. As such, he formulated a rather risky strategy that he was confident would get the job done. Godot relaxed his stance and stopped resisting the pull of the golem's rotation. Following this, he transitioned into a sprint and ran right of the golem, just outside its reach. Due to the golem's gyration, Godot felt light, as if he would fly like a bird if he was to leap into the air- and that was exactly what he intended to do. The golem slanted its body so that its hands made contact with the ground, creating an intense shaking about the room, and it was this that Godot was waiting for.

With this, Godot reared back and, with one large push, he leapt into the air with all of his might. Doing so, one might have thought Godot was Superman himself, as dust flared up and Godot shot into the air like a bullet fresh out of a smoking gun. The speed and height that it granted the swordsman was breathtaking- it was inhuman, and it caught him off-guard. Of course, Godot did not have time to be surprised, as otherwise he would simply crash into the ceiling above. As quickly as he could regain his composure, Godot equipped The Baron and took advantage of both his height and the wind direction. With the sword on his back, Godot arched backwards and, with lighting reaction time, his flight brought him soaring back down towards the golem. It was surprising to Godot how easily he was taking to such unconventional means of movement and combat, but it made sense considering he'd had two such encounters in the past. What worried him, however, was that he was very close to hitting what may as well have been a wall in the form of the golem's gyrating arms. He merely swallowed and, as he honed in, barrel rolled as best he could. The spinning top that was the golem's upper body seemed locked onto him, but he just barely skimmed past and found his target. He tugged at the sword on his back. It flung in front of him and completely changed his trajectory. He had his target in his sights, and he wasn't going to miss.

Like a cannon meeting the hull of a rival ship, Godot, led by his hulking sword that he held out in front of him, struck, penetrated, and sped through the core of the Goliath Golem, causing Godot to not long after greet the ground and slide a good distance. Needless to say, after such an endeavor, Godot needed to catch his breath, but he would have been remiss to not witness the fall of the golem. After the golem's core burned out, the rock that it was encased in started to crumble. Unable to support the weight of the rest of the golem, the upper body smashed it to dust, and this the lower half crumbled under the weight of the beast's torso, creating a beautiful display of dust and dissipating pixels.

Congratulations!
    Rewards:

• 1000 Col
    • Goliath Toothpick
    • Goliath Belt
    • Goliath Gauntlets

With little warning, Godot was teleported out of the dungeon and returned to the portal to the next floor. He looked up at the sky, eyes baggy and voice crackling. "I…guess it'd be a bit cliché to say I found the sword for me." He chuckled, feeling a bit lightheaded. "But maybe...maybe I've found the sword to call my own."

Last edited:

Jay

Years

"Morning Tidings."
    The Lotus Inn

He hated coffee. He still had no idea as to why he had decided to order some that morning over a cup of hot chocolate. He supposed that despite his excitement over the soon approaching events of the future he was still tired out from his escapades the day before. Coffee was bitter and disgusting but it woke him up. Caffeine and all that. Then again this was a video game, did coffee really have that effect here? Or was it some sort of placebo effect? He honestly had no idea. Not that he cared much.

He had been waiting for Lacy for a little while, not too long but long enough for him to raise an eyebrow. Was she a late riser or had he missed her? He grimaced gently as that thought crossed his mind. The girl was important, she was a ticket to bigger and better things, a key to unlock a very murderous and interesting door. He had such big plans for her, if she had really left without talking to him again then he would be extremely disappointed. He sighed gently and polished off his coffee, still slightly sickened at the taste. However his spirits were soon lifted.

As here came his little Lacy now.

There she was in that magnificent cloak, she looked just as she had the night before and he knew from it that she still piqued his interest. Just seeing her again was like a glorious confirmation. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and then... oh, how awkward. She almost fell over the last step to the floor below. That smile of hers was back, albeit somewhat more embarrassed than when he had originally spied it. Was he so transparent that he immediately thought of how amusing it would have been if said face was twisted in pain as she slammed into the wooden floor? Why yes. Yes he was. Still, was she honestly that clumsy? Maybe it would be easier to take care of her than he thought... but that would be revealed with time.

He waved gently to her as she approached his table. Turning on his friendly persona as he came to the conclusion that despite his worry, everything was going exactly as planned. The genuine smile, no more embarrassment, was plastered across her face as she spoke. "Good morning, Vanish." A soft tone for the early morning. "Do you mind if I sit here...?"

"Heh, as long as you promise not to fall over you can sit wherever you want?" He stretched his leg and kicked the seat gently out for her as he placed his empty coffee mug on the table and smiled the perfect facade for Lacy again. Mild teasing expressed comfortability and playfulness, which is why he had mentioned her almost falling at all. It would most likely seem endearing to the girl so he would do well to express such things regardless of whether or not they embarrassed her further.

He kept a decent amount of eye contact, showing friendliness and intent in a conscious manner before crossing his arms and feigning another playful expression. "You're not really an early riser, eh Lacy?" He grinned. "Did you have a bad nights sleep maybe?"

Back