• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

·•● Pixels by Kina ●•·

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    ·•● Pixels by Kina ●•·

Hey all, I just thought it might be nice to go ahead and make a gallery here, too (though I have in fact made one once in the past, last year I think). I guess I'm gaining some sort of reputation for my pixels these days so it's about time I put them in a thread for the masses to see. :3

I'll start off with pieces from this year:

PixelEmblem.png

Base version of this month's MPC entry.
    Actually last month's. Results please?

seadragonpixel.png

Winning entry from one of the WPCs

pixelRaptor.gif

Winning entry from July's MPC

Now for a little history lesson on how I got to this level. Sort of. Here are some spoilers full of pixel art sorted approximately by year:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Thanks! Yep, great things can be achieved by just paying attention to what you're doing and practicing. :3

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • That's some really nice work! I can clearly see how your art evolved, which is amazing as you can see a sheer difference between 2007 and 2009.
    My fave is the Leafeon, so smooth and beautiful - love the idea with the leaves coming out from the shadows. ^_^

Years
  • You know, it's a real shame that people bypass your thread. Your work is amazing, new and old. With your newest pieces, I love the color saturation and contrast. They're simply phenomenal. The anatomy is spot on, also. I would say my favorite is the dragon in the sky. The purple and tan hues compliment each other extremely well. It's also nice to see your old work and to see how your technique has evolved over the years. I would love to see how you would do Kittyloaf now.

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Oh, the bypassing of my threads is something I'm used to by now, I suppose. So nice to see you posting here, though. Didn't know you were even still active.

Anyway, yeah, I've been experimenting more with colors this year, I suppose, or at least trying to. Honestly, though, I don't think I'd do Kitty-loaf any differently now other than maybe restricting my palette more. I've taken quite a liking to using few colors. Hopefully I can find the drive to keep this up instead of going on yet another pixel hiatus until the MPC comes back again. Never lasts very long anymore. :<

Back