• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] ☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[IC]

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
  • ((OOC: If anyone wants to, feel free to run into Artus and Luci now.))

I'll do it! Well, sort of. xP

Timothy "Tim" Wolfe
    Galvez Prison

For a while, Nel and Tim walked through the dark cavern in silence. That wasn't much of a problem for Tim, it was easier to think when there wasn't a lot of noises going on in the background. He didn't really what he could have said anyway. There weren't any guards around or random scary things around. They hadn't even encountered any other prisoners, much to Tim's relief. Without his magic, he didn't know what he would have done if he found someone or something hostile, besides running away, and hiding in the corner like a coward.

Then, Nel decided to break the silence by asking Tim why he was there in the first place. The things she suggested though made him shudder. He wasn't a criminal, and he knew he would do a terrible job being one. He didn't have it in him to kill anyone, and he didn't like getting anywhere near fire, so he could never be an arsonist. "Oh...um...well... no, nothing like that. Um, I think I'm just a hostage... A bunch of soldiers invaded my home, knocked me out, and the next thing I knew, I was here... Um... I don't think I did anything wrong... Anyway, um... why are you here? Unless...you don't want to talk about it... That's ok too..."

As Tim kept walking, he eventually found three other prisoners. He couldn't make out too much of what they looked like in all this darkness, but from what he could tell, two of them looked his age, or slighty older, and the third guy was an old man. Tim started to slow down his walking, and nervously wrung his hands, as he tried to think of what to do. He wasn't sure if he should approach the three new people, as he was never very good at approaching strangers. Not to mention the possibility that they could be hostile. On the other hand, they could really need help, and it wasn't Tim's nature to leave someone behind who might need help.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Lucifer & Arty
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ugh so it seemed Arty was one of those types that tried to believe in the goodness of others, at least that's what it seems like. For all he could know this could all be some elaborate trap but, this does make for more fun. Lucifer grinned widely as these thoughts ran through his head about what his final decision regarding the old man would be. "Oh yes Arty, we can bring the old guy with us but it'll be up to you to protect him, because to be honest I don't find him interesting at all. But I'll help if you ask nicely though." Lucifer stated bluntly as his crimson eyes gazed upon the old man for a moment regarding him. He was at least a step above the prisoner whom was currently out on the floor, but seeing as that prisoner was regarded as an insect that only made the old guy an ant. An ant with somewhat usable information but an ant nonetheless, because honestly even if he did make it out of this prison he didn't seem like he would last very long at all. However that was his personal opinion and that could always change if the old prisoner proved otherwise until then he was an ant in his Wonderland.

Shrugging to himself his gaze drifted away from the old prisoner guy and peered into the darkness. While others couldn't possibly know his crimson colored eyes were a result from something that had changed the world for him into the fun place it was but his eyes could also peer through darkness much easier than the human eye could. It was due to this oddity, besides his naturally good hearing, that he could make out the forms of people coming closer to their small group. "Hihihihihi....more people are about, I''m going to go say hi Arty." Lucifer giggled to himself as he saw the new people, it seemed like they were different from the standard prisoner which means they could be potential toys and even potential friends. Skipping towards them through the darkness he quickly made his way towards them in a whirl of random twirls and other motions to which the average person would only see blurs if they could see through te darkness before stopping in front of the short one and randomly screaming "Boo!" In hopes of seeing what the short ones reaction would be, maybe he would jump in fright that was always funny.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Galvez Prison
    Underground Prison, Treason Wing
    Langdon von Luce

Trace looked over his right shoulder with a devious look and an exaggerated twinkle in his eye. He took one step and swiftly dashed past Langdon ending up right behind him, tossing Langdons bone in the air to himself smiling big. "Yes! Muahahaha this complete stranger you've met in this ominous cave is totally your friend" Trace said with exaggeration. Tossing Langdon's bone back to him, "You sound like an interesting fellow. My name is Trace Leon. I'm the son of the Leon family, my mother and father are both very wealthy, but I haven't seen them since I was very young. I won't bore you or try to gain pitty from you by telling you my life's story so ill just let you know that I have great tracking and survival skills from living on my own and I'm quite pround of the intelligence that has been passed down to me geneticly from my parents. No worries you can trust me. But first things first how about we try to ditch this place. I'm not too fond of staying in one place very long against my will."

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus & Lucifer

"Oh yes Arty, we can bring the old guy with us but it'll be up to you to protect him, because to be honest I don't find him interesting at all. But I'll help if you ask nicely though." Artus nodded. He had no intentions of 'protecting' the old man either, as the only reason he actually helped with the previous fight, was because the hostile prisoner seemed to have been a danger to him as well. He looked at the body, lying on the ground. The man was alive, and he looked pretty bent up as well. "Hihihihihi....more people are about, I''m going to go say hi Arty." Artus quickly gave his attention to Lucifer. What the...more people?! Using the torch, he shone it front of him, and saw Lucifer speed forwards into the darkness out of his sight. That idiot! Who knows who it is?

"Come on, old man!" Artus ran forwards with the light from the torch illuminating the way, with the old man following.

"Boo!" Lucifer's shout echoed throughout the cave, an after a few moments, Artus finally saw a figure standing in front of him. It was Lucifer, standing in front of two prisoners it had seemed. One short guy and a young woman. He pushed out the torch towards the two prisoners.

"Hey, get back or we'll beat you to a pulp." Artus said, trying to act tough. "We killed one maniac, and we can live with killing two more." Obviously the part about killing the other man was a lie, but those two didn't know it. Not to mention Artus probably couldn't live with himself knowing he had stained his hands with the blood of someone else's life.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Caverns, Treason Wing
    Langdon von Luce​

Langdon replied to Trace, "Indeed we need to find a way out of here. Almost anything is better than waiting around here to be executed for treason." He then walked over to one of the walls. He then said to himself, "I bet I can find an opening nearby this wall."

He grabbed the bone and walked closer to the wall. As he was inspecting it, he thought, I never thought I would have to escape from a prison before. Well once we escape from here, I hope I don't wind up in another prison. He then pressed hard on the bone and noticed that it did not touch a wall that time. He then dropped the bone and said to Trace, "Time for us to go since I have found a way out."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    ☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[IC]
    Nel Aden - Galvez Prison

Nel stood there quietly, glancing between the two men who had come between her and Tim's path. If Nel was to say that they were an interesting pair she would be... well, lying. In fact, the girl would be more inclined to use a much more fitting term... like annoying. She sighed, rolling her eyes at both the men's antics before glancing over her shoulder at her companion.

"Do you know these clowns, Dim?" Nel questioned, her eyes narrowing as she glanced back at the two men. She crossed her arms over her chest, sighing at their very sight. "I gotta admit I'm curious as to why you're both in here. I didn't know that bad acting was a crime... But if it is I really hope that you both got a life sentence for it..."

She ran a hand through her long hair, before casually starting to walk by both the men. Nel did not even bother giving them another glance as she began to walk past them. Rather, she directed her attention back to Tim. An expecting look was in her eyes again, as she crossed her arms impatiently and glared at the boy. The girl had honestly had quite enough of this prison to last her a lifetime and she was growing anxious to finally find a way out of it... Which she hated to admit, but she still may have needed Tim to do so.

"Well, are you coming or not?!" she asked the boy. "You might not have a problem with it, but I don't feel like rotting away in this dump! Get a move on!"​

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • Timothy "Tim" Wolfe
    Galvez Prison

As Tim stood there, wondering what he should be doing, one of the figures appeared in front of him, and shouted "BOO!" Which echoed through the entire cave. The sudden gesture made Tim jump from fright, and let out a high pitched scream. "AHHHH!" Then he ran behind Nel, and started shivering in fear. Why do people have to do this me... It isn't funny... As if that weren't enough, the other's man's threats of killing them wasn't exactly conforting... He shut his eyes, and started breathing heavily.

Nel was handling this situation much better than Tim was. After getting his name wrong, again, she insulted the group of strangers, and then went further ahead before asking him to come along. Tim wanted to get out of this terrible place as badly she did, but he couldn't just leave the three strangers behind, even if Tim's first impressions of them weren't good. "Um... it's Tim..." The young mage muttered. "Uh... I'll be there in a second..." He then turned his attention back to the three strangers. He took a deep breath, and mustered up all the courage he had in him. "I-I-I'm sorry about that... p-p-please don't kill us... We're stuck here just like you guys are... M-m-maybe we could get out of here together?" The boy kept his gaze down, and started wringing his hands nervously.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus, Lucifer, Tim, Nel & Ye Old Man

Artus stood, holding the torch out at the group, so all of their faces were visible. The young woman in front rolled her eyes as she, glancing over the shorter lad. "Do you know these clowns, Dim?" She then looked back at Artus and Lucifer, with the old man hiding right next to them. "I'm curious as to why you're both in here. I didn't know bad acting was a crime…But if it is, I really hope you both got a life sentence for it…" She then walked past the young men. Who does she think she is..? Artus resisted the urge of giving her a smack. It wasn't exactly 'manly' hurting a girl, but then again, in prison, anything goes. "Well, are you coming or not?!" The girl asked her shorter friend. "You might not have a problem with it, but I don't feel like rotting away in this dump! Get a move on!" Artus looked back at the short guy, arching an eyebrow.

"Um... it's Tim..." He mumbled, which Artus presumed was his name. "Uh... I'll be there in a second..." He then turned his attention to Artus, Lucifer, and the old man, "I-I-I'm sorry about that... p-p-please don't kill us... We're stuck here just like you guys are... M-m-maybe we could get out of here together?" Artus looked as he the young man played around with his hands.

Artus kept an expressionless face, and as much as he wanted to intimidate them, the other girl pretty much saw through the entire façade. There was no way they were capable of actually killing someone…at least Artus wasn't. "We're obviously not going to kill you. Your girlfriend over there saw right through us." Artus took a brief pause. "Besides, if we were only taking a precaution. We had an altercation with another prisoner earlier, but we took care of him. We just thought you guys were with him, that's all." Artus looked at the young man known as Tim and then at the young woman, until another voice chimed in.

"Hey, boy." The old man said, looking at Artus. "If we want to get out, maybe we should take this young man's offer. If we stick together, we can get out. It's not too often you see prisoners cooperating down here, so this is a rare opportunity." Artus nodded in agreement. "Plus, I may have some hindsight on how to get out of this place." The old man smiled at the group, rather calmly.

"Alright…I guess. I mean, if that's alright with you. After all, it was your suggestion" Artus asked the young woman and Tim for a confirmation, while giving a sly smile.

((OOC: Sorry, it's kind of short, I know. But by my next post we will be on our way to getting out :D ))

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Arty, Luci, Tim-Tim, Nelly & Ze Old Sheep/Man
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Ah such a wonderful reaction he had given Lucifer thought as his eyes shone with glee but he pouted as he momentarily went behind the female to hide. But his pout disappeared just as quick as it had came as a wide grin came across his face, oh he and the new guy would have lots and lots of fun. He chuckled to himself a bit oh thi- "Do you know these clowns, Dim?" A feminine voice interrupted his line of thoughts and his eyes were drawn to the source. It was quite obviously the woman that was at, the so called Dim, side who had spoken and subsequently sighed as she looked at him and Arty. "I'm curious as to why you're both in here. I didn't know bad acting was a crime....But if it is, I really hope you both got a life sentence for it...." She then walked past our group without a care.

A creepy grin came across his face as his thoughts began to become darker, he wondered if the woman would have such confidence if she realized he was completely willing to kill her. "Hihihihi..." He giggled to himself as he fantasized ripping her apart, rending her flesh from the bone and all other sorts of bloody things, while he may have let himself been put in here he hadn't been wanted for capture for no reason. He wasn't exactly what one would call a good boy sometimes, and showing true despair to such convoluted and self confident people was always such a fun thing to do, they always had the best reactions. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he missed the last thing the woman had said but came back from them in time to catch the other guy speak.

"Um...it's Tim..." So now he knew the name of his newest friend and it was Tim apparently, he looked more like an Ed, but he wouldn't judge. "Uh... I'll be there in a second..." He then turned his attention to Arty, himself, and the old guy, "I-I-I'm sorry about that... p-p-please don't kill us... We're stuck here just like you guys are... M-m-maybe we could get out of here together?" Lucifer regarded the boy named Tim, with his crimson eyes and decided that they would be the best of buddies and he would tease him here and there until he was a little less timid. It seemed like a great idea, but Tim-Tim probably wouldn't like it.....oh well.

As the old guy and Arty finished their little conversation he would hook his arm around Tim's neck and speak. "Uh huh you did offer Tim, and it appears that we accept but can't say miss panties in a bunch over there is going to like it but too bad. Ya know me and you are going to be the bestest of friends Tim." He said as he rubbed Tim's hair playfully. Bending down he decided to say one last thing to his newest friend. "Oh and don't worry about any troubles we may face I'll just kill any obstacles in our way." Standing straight he pointed forward in a heroic stance and spoke. "And so we go onward together, right?"

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Caverns, Treason Wing
    Langdon von Luce​

Langdon decided that he might as well walk without Trace since he got no reply. He picked up the bone and headed down the path that he had found. As he was walking he thought to himself, I will be glad to get out of this place. Course I do wonder if anyone else got captured besides Trace and I. I guess I will find out if I keep going this way.

He continued walking down the dark path. As he was doing so, he said to himself, "This path sure is quite dark. Plus I wonder how long this particular path goes for. I better keep listening for any sound that I might hear while I am taking this dark path. Wait, I think I hear voices up ahead. I should probably walk in that direction to find out." He then turned toward a path that went to the left and started tapping the ground with the bone so that someone might hear it.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Shrek Stendarr and Aciano Nakumura
    Galvez Prison
    Meeting New People Can Be Both Exciting and Annoying

"What do you think lives down here?"

"Shut up..."

"Do you think there are other prisoners?"

"Shut up."

"Do you think we'll have to fight?"

"Shut up!"

"I hate fighting. I really hope we won't have to."

"God dammit! I said SHUT UP!" Aciano roared at Shrek. "You've been babbling incessantly for at least ten minutes! All I want is some God damned peace!"

Shrek simply frowned as they roamed the earthen hallways. "Sorry. I just wanted to know things. You know, you could try and not be grumpy." He looked at his shorter companion and crossed his bulky arms. "You could be glad they didn't put chains on us or anything."

Aciano grimaced at the monk's talking. "And YOU should be glad I don't have my swords right now!"

Shrek gasped at the threat. "You want to kill me?"

"Just about..." Ace murmured. Indeed, the taller man had been prattling on for quite some time now, but it could be worse. He could be speaking loudly. His soft voice barely reverberated throughout the cave. "How the hell did you end up in a prison built fo-"

Shrek immediately slammed his hand into his smaller comrade's mouth, staggering him a bit, and silencing him all the same. "Shush. I hear something." He began to creep forward towards the noise he had heard. There was a group of people...Numbering around five, maybe more...And a girl. Shrek heard their voices around the next corridor and slowly peeked out to find even more people who looked like they didn't belong there. He stood straight up and approached them, smiling. "Hello there! I don't suppose you know the way out!"

Aciano came running up behind him and landed a punch on his shoulder. "Idiot! You hit me in the face! Do you th-" He turned as he found the group of people in front of him. "You idiot! You gave our position away!" With that, he landed another punch on him.

Shrek shook off the blows, the excitement of meeting new people greater than it should've been. "I'm Shrek. And this here i-"

"Don't say it!"

"This is my new friend...Don't quite know his name yet, but he's a friend." He grinned widely and approached a burlier looking guy. "Who are you?"

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus, Lucifer, Tim, Nel, Shrek, Ace & Ye Old Man

"Uh huh you did offer Tim, and it appears that we accept but can't say miss panties in a bunch over there is going to like it but too bad. Ya know me and you are going to be the bestest of friends Tim." Luci hooked an arm around Tim, as if he they were pals. Artus rolled his eyes. This idiot was already letting his guard down. Sure Tim didn't seem like much of a threat, and Artus definitely not afraid of some girl, but if Artus learned anything in his life, it was to never judge someone solely from their looks. Luci whispered something to Tim, and then looked up. "And so we go onwards, right?" Luci said, pointing forwards as if he were some sort of righteous hero and leader. Artus rolled his eyes once again. There was no way this was going to be in charge if he had anything he could do about it.

"Hey, there's someone else coming." The old man pointed behind the group, into the darkness. Artus could hear murmuring, between people, until it went into a dead silence. Artus straightened out his posture getting ready for another bout.

"Hello there! I don't suppose you know the way out!" A voice echoed through the tunnel. The group stood quiet, until it was broken by the voice of another person. A different person actually. The only thing Artus managed to pick up was the word 'idiot!' Artus stepped back a little with caution, as he saw two men approach the group out of the darkness. "I'm Shrek. And this here I-" The muscular man was cut off by a punch from the other man.

"Don't say it!" He said.

"This is my new friend…Don't quite know his name yet, but he's a friend." The stocky man then approached Artus, with a wide grin. "Who are you?" He asked. Artus stepped back a little. He arched an eyebrow at the man. Is he being serious? I mean, he seems friendly enough, but what the hell, he can't just come up to us acting like he runs this place.

"Ahem." Artus cleared his throat. "I don't know who you think you are, but – " Artus was cut off, by the feeling of someone grabbing his shirt sleeve and tugging at it. "Old man, what do you want? Stop being a burden and just stay quiet." Normally Artus wasn't this ignorant, but the situation called for it.

"Look, boy. They're not hostile. It's fine. If anything, we can use them to aid us." The old man coughed a bit. Artus turned from the other man to the face the old geezer.

"Well then, just spit it out. How do we get out of his place? You said you knew something, old man." Artus said. He was starting to speak in a more harsh and aggressive tone. So many prisoners in one area normally wasn't a good sign. The old man looked at Artus with a sigh of disbelief. He then proceeded in picking up a stone lying on the ground and gestured at Tim and Artus.

"You boys, bring your torches here for everyone to see." Artus looked and Tim and then just shrugged, walking a few steps towards the old man, who faced a cave wall. "Ahem. Now, my knowledge of this type of magic is limited…but then again, what they have down here doesn't seem so advanced." The old man looked at the group, and then back at the wall. He pressed a sharp side of the stone against the stone wall, making markings. Exactly what is he up to…? "Hehe…time for a little lesson in magic, kids." He laughed creepily. Artus looked at what the man was drawing. It was a circle, and divided evenly into four separate points on the circle were Xs. "So…I'm sure most of you know, your magic, if you can do any, is unable to be performed down here." Artus arched an eyebrow. He felt an odd presence when he first woke up in the prison, as if there was a weight on him, but he didn't think much of it until now. Concentrating, he tried to perform his healing spell, but alas, nothing happened. The old man…he's right. There's no magic. "Well, that's due to a Spellbound. And for those you who don't know what that is, it's pretty much an area where magic is unusable. It's used mostly in towns, cities and homes, but apparently this prison is one too."

"So then how do we stop it?" Artus asked.

"Good question, boy." The old man pointed at the four Xs. "A place this big would need at least 3 or 4 nodes to create a Spellbound." Artus sighed. He still wasn't getting the answers he wanted.

"Okay, that still doesn't answer the question. How do we get out? And what the hell is a node?" Artus held out the torch and shone at the man.

"Calm down, boy. Like I said, a node creates a Spellbound. They are pretty much engravings on an object. That's what we are looking for. So down here, I would think it would be engraved in stone or the cave wall, and then enchanted thereafter. If we can find one node at least, then maybe we have a chance." The old man turned to face the group.

"What do we do when we find the node? Do we destroy it?" Artus asked excitedly. They had finally made a breakthrough in how to get out, and he was finally able to see some hope.

"That's dependent on who made the Spellbound. Sometimes a sort of key is needed to disable the node, but destroying the node usually does the trick." The old man smiled a bit. "Alright then. That's the mission. If we stick together, we should increase our chances for survival. Plus, we lots of eyes to watch out for the node. Sound good?"

"Yeah, sounds good to me." Artus said. He then looked at the group. "You guys in?"

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Langdon & The Random Prisoner known as Biff

A tapping sound echoed through the tunnel, giving a Biff a ringing noise in his ear. "Ay, stop that!" He yelled in his rugged, hoarse voice. He had a torch in hand, and walked forwards. "Hey, idiot. Stop that racket, you'll attract the beast." Biff said, scratching his long, dirty, brown hair. He shone the torch to see who he was talking to. Standing in front of him a was a tall, blonde male. He looked a little cleaner than most prisoners too. "So…you're a freshie. A little word of advice. Don't be so quick to make random noises like that. Some prisoners aren't as nice as me, as they like the quiet of the dark." He said. He looked the young man in the eye, and then observed him from head to toe. "You look a little lost. Are you going somewhere?"

((OOC: Read the OOC thread for more details))

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Langdon von Luce and Biff​

Langon took a look at the man named Biff. He then said to Biff, "I am Langdon von Luce. I am looking for a way out of this prison. I also noticed that you were looking at my eyepatch. I wear it since I am blind in my right eye due to a Dark magic curse. I had sworn to find the one that blinded my right eye."

Biff then said, "You better follow me then. I heard of some others attempting to escape this place. We might be able to find them, but there are a lot of paths down here. So it would be wise to stick close."

Langdon started following close behind Biff. They walked through a few of the tunnels, turning down a few other paths at times. At one point, Langdon was sure he heard the voice of an old man. He then said to Biff, "I bet we will find them if we listen for the sound of the old man's voice. It would be wise to keep listening." So they started following the sound of the voice.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    ☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[IC]
    Nel Aden - Galvez Prison

Nel sighed in response to the newly formed plan. This whole situation was growing more and more complicated by the moment. All the girl wanted to do was get out of the prison, in the fastest way possible. Now all of a sudden, she found herself strapped in with a group who were going to go hunting around for some random objects that just happened to have some special design or something of the sort engraved on it?

"Damn it, this whole thing is getting annoying..." Nel sighed, rolling her eyes. "Look, can we just get a move on and find those... whatever the hell you called 'em? I'm sick of being in this dump, already!"​

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • Timothy "Tim" Wolfe
    Galvez Prison

"We're obviously not going to kill you. Your girlfriend over there saw right through us."

And then Tim frowned, he felt like a fool for believing that they were actually going to kill them so easily. Although, that other guy with him looked like he would kill him if given the chance. He then blushed and got flustered when he registered the line about his girlfriend. "Uh... she's not my..."

Thankfully, Artus continued speaking before Tim made a bigger fool of himself. Besides, if we were only taking a precaution. We had an altercation with another prisoner earlier, but we took care of him. We just thought you guys were with him, that's all."

And then voice of the old man chimed in. "Hey, boy. If we want to get out, maybe we should take this young man's offer. If we stick together, we can get out. It's not too often you see prisoners cooperating down here, so this is a rare opportunity. Plus, I may have some hindsight on how to get out of this place." The old man smiled at the group, rather calmly.

"Alright…I guess. I mean, if that's alright with you. After all, it was your suggestion"

"I'm ok with that..." Tim replied.

Then the creepy white haired man with red eyes who thought it would be so funny to scare him was the next to speak. Tim knew better than to judge people based on how they looked, but he got really bad vibes from this guy. Something about the way this man spoke was definitely off, and he really didn't like him. Maybe he might actually have a reason for being down here... "Uh huh you did offer Tim, and it appears that we accept but can't say miss panties in a bunch over there is going to like it but too bad. Ya know me and you are going to be the bestest of friends Tim." He said as he rubbed Tim's hair, which made Tim cringe. He got much too close for Tim's comfort. "Oh and don't worry about any troubles we may face I'll just kill any obstacles in our way." And then he stood up, and acted like nothing was wrong.

Tim shuddered even more. Kill?! Why must we kill things?! He was starting to suspect that his feelings about this guy were right. "Um...Uh... eh?!" Tim shut his eyes and took several deep breaths, as he heard the sounds of more people joining this group, and more introductions being made. Eventually, his thoughts were interupted by the voice of the older man, who finally started to explain how they could finally get out of this prison.

"You boys, bring your torches here for everyone to see." Tim nodded, and took a few steps towards the old man, who faced a cave wall. After a lengthy explanation, he told everyone that the reason no one could use their magic was due to a Spellbound. They had to find these nodes that kept the spellbound in effect, and destroy them in order to have any hope of getting out of this prison. Being a student of magic, Tim found the whole lecture interesting, but he was certain some of the others present didn't agree.

Tim raised his hand. "I'm in..." He said with a shy smile. "I don't want to be stuck down here forever..."

And then he rolled his eyes when Nel starting complaining... again. That was pretty much all she did since the moment he met her, and it was starting to get old now. Whining about it is not going to get us out of here any faster... He didn't say this these thoughts out loud, and actually started to feel bad about thinking unkind things about people.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Langdon, Wymond & The Random Prisoner known as Biff

"I am Langdon von Luce. I am looking for a way out of this prison. I also noticed that you were looking at my eyepatch. I wear it since I am blind in my right eye due to a Dark magic curse. I had sworn to find the one that blinded my right eye." Biff just looked at Langdon for a brief second before turning his head back in front of him as they walked.

"You better follow me then. I heard of some others attempting to escape this place. We might be able to find them, but there are a lot of paths down here. So it would be wise to stick close." Biff spoke. They turned a few corners, and continued through the tunnels, until noises could be heard nearby.

"I bet we will find them if we listen for the sound of the old man's voice. It would be wise to keep listening." They started to walk further down a nearby tunnel, until Biff noticed something. As they crept closer to the darkness, Biff switched hands holding the torch, and held it out in front of him.

"The voices. They sound like echoes." Biff sighed. Just when he thought he was going to meet a bunch of other people, it turned out to be a doozy. "..But wait. What's that sound?" Biff stood quietly, holding the torch above his head. "Those weren't voices we were hearing, it was....snoring?" Biff, turned to look at Langdon. It was odd indeed, but interesting. "C'mon. We better be careful." Leading the way, Biff once again put hel the torch out in front of him, and saw a young man, sleeping on the ground, his body using the cave wall as support for his back. Biff stopped and stared at him. He was snoozing away, although the snoring seemed to have died down a bit. Looking at Langdon, Biff gave a shrug, and then approached the sleeping boy. "Hey, boy." He used his free hand to nudge the young man on the shoulder. "Hey, wake up. I don't think this is the best spot to be sleeping. You'll attract unwanted attention." Usually prisoners would find a secluded cave corner to sleep in, but this guy was sleeping right in one of the tunnels! It was good thing Biff and Langdon were nice people.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • ☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[IC]
    Wymond
    Underground Chambers

Dreams, both wonderful and sweet danced around his head, painting the darkness with images of his father; that sage-like old man and their nomadic days. Snores, loud and boisterous, with small snorts in between filled the dark channel. His sleep was peaceful, his dreams dependent on the interaction of what was going on in reality. His grandfather, as they walked through a dried grassland suddenly nudged him with his wooden staff. The oak wood was warm as it pressed up against his arm.

In response, his finger twitched distinctively at the boy's touch, his eyes shot open. They were dark with just a spot of caramel posing at the iris. He stared off at the torch lit wall before looking around with a naive stare. It was weird waking up mysteriously in underground tunnels but he was sure that it could've been worse. He anchored his arm on his left shoulder before rolling it back, limbering up for whatever would come.

"I'd say I've already gotten unwanted attention," He argued cheerfully. "I'm in here afterall." Wymond turned his back on them and looked down the tunnel, his hand ruffling the back of his spiky hair. Before anyone else could speak he started aimlessly walking down the tunnel. It wasn't doing him any good just sitting around. Like always his legs couldn't help but move forwards, afterall backwards was never a good direction to walk in.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Artus, Lucifer, Tim, Shrek, Ace & Ye Old Man

"I'm in..." Tim was the first to speak up. "I don't want to be stuck down here forever..." He said, smiling slightly. The old man looked at the rest of the group and nodded. "Okay, then it's settled. Let's get going." The old man cleared his throat and coughed. "Let me take that from you, you must be tired holding it." The old man smiled, as he took the torch from Artus' hand. "Plus, there's not much an old man like me can do if we run into any trouble, so I have to make sure your hands are free." Artus smiled a bit. The way he was talking bad about himself seemed kind of harsh, as Artus didn't really find the old man to be weak for his age. In fact, he looked to be in better shape than most elderly folks.

"Okay then, which way?" Artus said. There was the path Artus and his group came from, and then there was the path that the two new guys had come from.

"I don't think it matters. Each path leads to another, and is like a maze. Eventually we will probably end up back here if we keep taking wrong turns." The old man said, as pointed the torch towards the path that the new folks had come from. "We may as well go down here, it's not like we have anything to lose." The old man started to walk, holding out the torch leading the group. He looked at Tim. "Stay near the back with your torch to scout anything coming from behind." He said. With that, the group started to move through the dark tunnels, in search of the nodes.

~

The group had been walking around for well over an hour, what seemed like to Artus, in circles. "...Old man, I think we went by here already. I remember this same group of glowing mushrooms from before." Artus pointed at at the ground as the group continued to move. The old man ignored Artus, shortly stopping. The group turned stopped moving as well and the tunnels went silent for a second. "What? What is it?" Artus spoke anxiously.

"Shhhh..." The old man turned to the group, putting a finger on his lips. "Do you hear that?" He whispered. Artus stood silent. At first he couldn't hear anything, but after a few seconds of adjusting to the quietness, he could hear a low bellowing. Almost a growl of sorts echoing through the caves.

"What is that supposed to be?" Artus asked, in a worried tone. The old man looked around some more, and then looked at the group.

"It's one of Ghan's pets. He's the one in charge of this prison. This particular beast that he keeps down here is a massive creature. It's the main reason we are down here, is to be eventually be eaten by it. He intentionally starves it so it becomes more aggressive and feeds on prisoners rather than other animals." Artus' heart skipped a beat. Ghan was the one who made him flee from his town, and now it seemed like he was going to get his way with Artus too, feeding him to some 'pet'. "Don't worry though, it seems to be far away. It's sight is poor I've noticed, but it had rather good hearing and - " The old man suddenly stopped talking. Artus looked and saw a pair of hands grab the old man from the face, pulling him to the ground, dropping the torch.

"Crap! It's more prisoners!" Artus shouted. He heard the old man struggling on the ground, being held by a rather slender, yet muscular man. Artus looked around, the light from Tim's torch illuminating the immediate surrounding area. There were 4 more other than the one grabbing the old man, and they looked hostile. "Tim, watch my back and make sure the torch stays lit!" Artus yelled, as he started to slowly creep towards the man holding onto the elder. "You guys get the others." He todl the group, as he readied himself for yet another skirmish. Why are they so keen on getting this old man?

Galvez Prison
    Underground Chambers
    Langdon, Wymond & Biff

"I'd say I've already gotten unwanted attention," The boy woke up. "I'm in here afterall." Biff looked confusingly at him, and watched as the boy got up and started to walk forwards.

"Hey, hey! Wait, where are you going?" Biff shouted, as he ran up to the boy. Biff wasn't usually this open to other prisoners, but this boy seemed to be harmless enough, as he didn't threaten him or Langdon. "At least wait for us! C'mon Langdon!" Biff gestured to Langdon to follow him, as it was always nice to partner up with other prisoners like this. "I think we ought to - " Biff looked at the new boy, until he saw a figure run from in front of them, from the direction where the he way going. "What the - " Biff said. He then jumped behind the new guy, as he watched the figure approach faster and faster to the group, panting heavily.

"Y-you....guys need to...run." He said stopping slightly. "The...beast, it's coming!" The man mustered up the strength to shout those last few words, before speeding off in the other direction, past Langdon. Biff looked forward towards the darkness in the tunnels and waited for a few seconds. Suddenly, a low but loud growl echoed through the caves, and followed up with a wave of hot air that rushed through the tunnels. The flames on the torch in Biff's hand, wavered back and forth. The wind brought about a rather horrid stench that lingered and made it almost unbearable for Biff to not want to puke.

"H-hey..." Biff grabbed the new boy by the arm, pulling towards himself and Langdon. "W-We...need to go now.." Biff held in his breath, not wanting to inhale the putrid smell. "You don't understand, if we stay here, we're done for!" He shouted at both Langdon and the new boy, before finally starting to run away. "Quick! Let's go!" Another growl boomed through the caves and this time it was louder, almost causing a rumble. "I-f we go now, we can lose it through the tunnels!"

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • ☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[IC]
    Wymond
    Underground Chambers

A befuddled expression, a mix of both curiosity and naivety laid on Wymond's face as he watched the man run away in a panic. He turned back towards the path head and scratched his temple with his index finger before casually uttering. "What's his problem?" He cracked his neck a bit and started forwards but was quickly held up by another's arm. "Hey- W-What do you think you're doing? If you we run away we'll lose our way out!" He argued as he was pulled back.

A loud tsk left him as he yanked his arm from out of Biff's grip. The air around him became hostile and severe as he steadied himself. He stood straight up and his muscles slowly eased back. "You guys go ahead. I'll stay back and plow straight through," He voiced carefree as he wiped his legs free of the debris from his nap earlier. "I'm not sure where I'am but I don't like the idea of heading backward instead of forwards," He thought aloud. "It makes me feel weird."

He walked forwards towards the grumbling, towards that booming roar that had shook the earth and put fear in the flames. His chocolate eyes searched through the darkness carefully. He was a bit dense sure, but he wasn't a fool when it came to the air of combat. He was alert to the unknown lurking in front of him but he had no fear of it. He would push through and he would make it out of that hell hole.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Galvez Prison
    Underground Caverns
    Langdon von Luce and Biff​

Hearing the roar in the darkness, Langdon remembered something that he had heard when he had first arrived at the prison. He thought to himself, The guards had said that for those that had been arrested for treason, execution was another way of saying to be eaten by a beast. He thought maybe he should tell Biff, but he decided against that. So he thought of something else to say.

Biff said to Langdon, "We must keep moving so the beast will not catch us. We will lose it in the tunnels. At least you are still with me. I am not sure what the other guy was thinking by splitting off from the two of us."

As Langdon and Biff were running, Langdon said, "I bet the other guy who was with us decided to give up his own life so we can escape. I admit that was very brave of him. We better find the other voices that we heard." He then increased his running pace.

Back