• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music '00s bangers

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    itt we discuss/share our favourite '00s songs
    extra points for bubblegum pop
    minus points for pop punk

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • similar situation to the '80s thread: I have every intention of posting a comprehensive list of every song from the '00s that I love for whatever reason, but for now two: 'Helena' by My Chemical Romance and 'Ignition (Remix)' by R. Kelly.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2018
    Bubblegum Pop is by far my favorite genre of music for listening on a daily basis. Here are some of them..

Atomic Kitten - Whole Again
    Atomic Kitten - It's Ok!
    Atomic Kitten - Eternal Flame

Very easygoing songs from this scouse group that had a couple of hits at the dawn of this millennium. A lot of these songs will remind you of good times and summer!

Jessica Simpson - Angels

I love this take on Robbie Williams best known hit. She has the voice and looks of an angel!

Enrique Iglesias - Escape

This will always have a special place in my heart because I discovered it when I was flying away to the states from the UK. Still sounds incredibly fresh to this day!

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Biggest banger IMO was Paper Planes by MIA. Still a great song, and it's always been prevalent which is a feat hard to achieve. Crazy in Love by Beyonce was up there too for me.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Harley you're killing me here, my soul LIVEDDDD for pop punk. I was all about Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Boys like Girls, The Click.

I also binged the top 40 songs from 2003-2009. I'll have to think on this more because I was all over the place musically.

Years
  • I feel like I'm in a distinct minority by saying this, but the 00s weren't a great time for music. Some good stuff left over from the 90s, some good stuff emerging before the start of the 10s, but that middle period is hard pressed to come up with much to recommend it as a whole.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I can't believe there's been five replies and Bad Romance hasn't been mentioned.

Along with that I'm gonna say All These Things That I've Done, Stacy's Mom, Toxic, Crazy In Love, Big Girls Don't Cry, Don't Stop Movin', Where Is the Love, Poker Face... I could go on. The 00s honestly had the best music.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Harley you're killing me here, my soul LIVEDDDD for pop punk. I was all about Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Boys like Girls, The Click.

I also binged the top 40 songs from 2003-2009. I'll have to think on this more because I was all over the place musically.

you know what is actually a swell pop-punk song

don't you forget about me by rufio

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    similar situation to the '80s thread: I have every intention of posting a comprehensive list of every song from the '00s that I love for whatever reason, but for now two: 'Helena' by My Chemical Romance and 'Ignition (Remix)' by R. Kelly.

fuck I forgot about Ignition!! That slapped. MCR is my guilty pleasure so yeah i agree with that choice too, lmao.

also i forgot about N.E.R.D. In Search Of... was such a classic album IMO and I really hope Pharell does more stuff like that in his career. that particular darkish funk sound cant be beat

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I think Michelle Branch and some 3 Doors Down (Here Without You is all I really listen to them for anymore) are the only artists I really listen to today that I listened to back then. The rest of it just doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. There may be exceptions.

As for artists/bands I discovered afterward that came from the 2000s (my real favorites in recent years), I love Streetlight Manifesto and Fleet Foxes.

SM are an outlier taste for me.

OMG this is soooo good. It might just be my favorite song from beyond the 1970s altogether.

I also really like this The Divine Comedy song. It has such an awesome instrumentation. Simple, but great oboe playing, and that part where it alternates between bass clarinet and bassoon in the background. <3

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Not my favorites but these were definitely "bangers" in the 00's era and even today are played in most clubs

50 Cent - In Da Club
    Nelly - Hot in Herre
    T.I. - What You Know
    Eminem - Lose Yourself
    Lil Jon - Get Low
    Lil Wayne - Fireman
    Nelly - Ride Wit Me
    Twista ft. Kanye West - Overnight Celebrity
    Chamillionaire - Ridin'
    Three 6 Mafia - Stay Fly
    Young Jeezy ft. Akon - Soul Survivor
    Rick Ross - Hustlin'
    OutKast - So Fresh, So Clean
    Snoop Dogg - Drop it Like it's Hot
    Kid Cudi - Day n Nite (late 2000's tho)
    Kanye West - Stronger

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Radiohead letting me name my own price for In Rainbows was my favorite part of 2000s music..

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Bubblegum Pop is by far my favorite genre of music for listening on a daily basis. Here are some of them..

Atomic Kitten - Whole Again
    Atomic Kitten - It's Ok!
    Atomic Kitten - Eternal Flame

Very easygoing songs from this scouse group that had a couple of hits at the dawn of this millennium. A lot of these songs will remind you of good times and summer!

Jessica Simpson - Angels

I love this take on Robbie Williams best known hit. She has the voice and looks of an angel!

Enrique Iglesias - Escape

This will always have a special place in my heart because I discovered it when I was flying away to the states from the UK. Still sounds incredibly fresh to this day!

Atomic Kitten ruled <3

Loved Taylor Swift's early music as well, like Teardrops On My Guitar, Love Story and Fearless.

And of course, Gorillaz' Clint Eastwood..

Back