• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

10 Whole Years.

Melody

Banned
Years
  • I was 8 when I first saw pokemon...It was cool!
    Ah...10 years of awesome shows and even cooler games...I have alwys wished that pokemon existed...Even to this day.
    Here's to another 10 years of Pokemon Magic! *chugs coffee*

Indeed they were amazing...I honestly think that Pokemon has taught us all that despite our differences we all have the same general goals...To be the best at whatever inspires us!!

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • don't remember how old exactly i was now, but the first episode, "Pokémon, I Choose You!" was the episode that caught my attention. i'd have to say that it was quite hilarious that Pikachu wouldn't pay attention to Ash whatsoever. But I don't know if i'd have watched the show if it wasn't for the game. Pokémon Red was the first RPG i had ever played, and it was great. eventually, when Ash got to the Indigo Plateau, i couldn't help myself and ended up making a team just like his (Squirtle, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Butterfree, Pidgeot, & Pikachu). that team actually worked out pretty good, but eventually i had to evolve Pikachu because its only so strong. lol i'd have to say that i saw a few episodes of the Johto league, but thats about when i stopped until Battle Frontier. now i can't wait for Diamond & Pearl. should be very good (especially since James has another grass type that tries eating him much like Victreebell used to do, lol).

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I know that the game came out before the anime, but is that just in Japan or does it also apply to the US? I don't remember which one I experienced first, but it seems they went hand in hand.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I didn't really ever race to the TV to see the Anime. However, when it first aired on FOX (yes, FOX), it really took me by surprise. I mean, I had absolutely NO idea that they were even making an Anime of the games, since it wasn't really advertised much on TV until it first aired on WB.

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
  • I was in my mid teens when it came on but I didn't really watch it until I was turned on to it by neighbor. Yes, at one time, I was a conscientious objector of Pokemon.

As for favorites? "For Ho-oh the Bell Tolls", "Gettin' the Bugs Out" and "Holy Matrimony" were my favorites. Probably still are.

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I watched the series until mid-Hoenn saga. I don't really care for D/P or the future of Pokemon, however I do treasure the past. I don't quite remember the first episode I seen, I think I saw it from the first episode all the way up. My favorite season had to be Master Quest though, I remember coming home from school to watch it. Or I do remember on Sunday when Pokemon Kanto used to come on, because that was the first time I saw the battle between Ash and Blaine that was memorable. And then I never saw the conclusion to the match until much later in my life. >.>

Nevertheless, there's been some ups and downs with pokemon, it's been a fun ride, but I'm done with the anime.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Heh.. I started watching fromt he start at 5/6/7 years old. I realy grew up on pokemon. reading this htread reminded, me, anyone ele remember the first pre 1st episode ad? they had the old 150 charging on a field? i clearly remember a rabidash running. =D

Yeah, I realy enjoyed Electric Soldier Porygon (I was in japan at the time, parents taped it! yay!), by the way, i converted it to a dvd and and an .avi if anyone wants to see it, as i doubt you'll get another chance =/

I just loved all the early episodes. nuff said.

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I started watching this around 1998 in dub if I recalled correctly, all the way until somewhere in Johto, when I stopped because it was very difficult to find an episode here. My parents used to buy them for me when they traveled (it wasnt available locally at the time), but around the time Johto came out they didn't travel as much anymore.

When I finally got my broadband, I was so far behind in the series, I was discouraged from watching it again. But then my best friend influenced me into getting a DS and playing Pearl, and I got hooked again and when I found out the latest season was Diamond and Pearl, I started watching again. So I actually have a lot of gaps in between :D

The only thing I kept up with was some info from reading forums and wikis, as well as the movies. I can't believe its been 10 years as well :D

EliteFour Haizu

Elite Four Champion
    Years
  • i bought the first game of pokemon when i was 4 that sounds crazy but i loved pokemon. then i was 8 when the johto games came out i didnt really understand the first pokemon that well and the johto became my favorite. and now im 15 and i love pokemon to this very day.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I was about 6/7 when I started watching. I think the first episode I watched was the 1st, but I was hooked and *had* to watch it from Battle Aboard the SS Anne. I remember really wanting to know if they survived and what happened hehe. I bought Red and then Silver and watched much longer than my friends.

But I stopped liking Pokemon around Johto League Champions. I rememeber being annoyed at nothing happening so I got bored of it completly and eventually didn't bother watching or playing the games anymore. It didn't help that they were repeating Johto Jouneys and JLC all the time. This must've been around 2002/2003.

A looong time after, around Febuary 2006 my brother had found that Smosh video on YouTube of the 2 boys singing the Pokemon theme. Around April I started talking to someone on a Harry Potter forum about that video and they said that they still liked Pokemon and wished they could still watch it because its only on Sky. So after seeing there were a lot of Harry Potter music videos on YouTube, I had the crazy idea that someone might upload Pokemon stuff and hopefully I could find the first episode, just to remember the "good old days". However, I found a lot of Advanced Battle episodes and thought this might be a new series but I didn't want to watch them.

After a lot of hunting I managed to find the first episode and it was lucky I did, otherwise I would never liked Pokemon again. After that I watched the Advanced Battle episodes I think one of the first new episodes I watched was either When where when why Wynaut? or A Cacturn for the Worse because I remember having no idea who May. Max, Drew and Harley were.

After watching tons of episodes and finding out that Pokemon wasn't dead, I decided to find a Pokemon forum and this was the first I found! I later found out about the 3rd gen games and bought LeafGreen and Emerald. Now I love Pokemon again!

So that is my very long and boring story of how I got back into Pokemon.

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Yeah, I realy enjoyed Electric Soldier Porygon (I was in japan at the time, parents taped it! yay!), by the way, i converted it to a dvd and and an .avi if anyone wants to see it, as i doubt you'll get another chance =/

I missed this the last time I went through this thread. Do you have that episode uploaded somewhere? :D

It seems that most of us here starting watching from the Indigo League. I think "amazing" would be an understatement for our case lol

Back