• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st gen 8 RMT

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
  • Alright guys this is mostly a Sun doubles team but i think has potential for a Sun singles team as well, im looking to make a team involving GMAX charizard (I know it's over-used but it's still a sick Mon 🤣🤣😉) This team is still in early stages so bear with me.

- GMAX Charizard HA (Fire/Flying)
    @Assault Vest/Heavy Duty Boots. 252 SAtk, 252 Spe (+SAtk, - Atk), 4 HP.
    (Heavy hitter).

- Dragon Pulse
    - Solar Beam
    - Flamethrower
    - Hurricane

- Venusaur HA (Grass/Poison)
    @Life Orb/Focus Sash. 252 SAtk, 232 Spe, 24 HP,
    (+SAtk, -Atk). (Sweeper/Support).

- Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - edit; Earth Power Weather Ball
    - Sleep Powder

- Scrafty ? (Dark/Fighting) Moxie/Intimidate (Adamant) 252 atk, 252 hp, 4 Def. (Tank).

- Fake Out
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Crunch @ Leftovers/weakness policy/berry.

Edit; -Raichu (Electric) Static
    @Rocky Helmet/Magnet. 252 HP, 252 Atk (+Atk, - SAtk), 4 HP. (Support).
    - Fake Out.
    - Volt Tackle
    - Thunder Punch
    - Nuzzle

Dracozolt

-
    -
    -
    -

- Chandelure HA (Ghost/Fire). @Choice Scarf. 252 SAtk,
    (+SAtk, -Atk), 252 Spe. 4 HP. (Sweeper/trick scarf)

- Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    - Trick
    - Heat Wave

- Torkoal (Fire) Drought (Lead).
    @ Heat Rock
    252 Def, 252 SDef, 4 HP. (+SDef, - Spe).

- Body Press
    - Fire Spin
    - Protect
    - Stealth Rock edit; /Self Destruct

Team synergy;

Edit;Self Dest. on Torkoal to lead with /when Chandelure is on the field. SR for all most other occasions.

Fake out on Scrafty and Raichu for a good, annoying priority move to allow partner pokemon the K.O in potential sash users/bulky pokemon.

Venusaur is a beast in the sun; doubling his speed stat and counters most water/ground types and with sleep powder to be extra annoying. 🤣

also worth noting that chandy can get a free switch in on normal/Fighting type moves (unless the opponent has scrappy) directed for Scrafty.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You're not going to want to use Self Destruct on Torkoal. It's your only method of setting Sun, which your team is largely dependent on. Raichu really isn't very good, even Boltund does the same job better when it comes to a physical Electric type and Dracozolt outclasses both by a wide margin. Not sure on Scrafty, but it might not be a bad idea to replace it with a secondary Sunny Day setter.

Replace Earth Power with Weather Ball on Venusaur so you have something for Ferrothorn or other common Grass types. Sun should pretty much always be up so it should always be a powerful Fire move.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • You're not going to want to use Self Destruct on Torkoal. It's your only method of setting Sun, which your team is largely dependent on.
    Yeah you're right there, thought I could maybe use him situationally to deal some damage with chandelure initially but that will now be definitely Stealth Rocks.
    Not sure on Scrafty, but it might not be a bad idea to replace it with a secondary Sunny Day setter.

Me neither, figured my team was all sweepers and needed some bulk, but I can look at other options that can do both tank and set up sunny day.

Replace Earth Power with Weather Ball on Venusaur, Sun should pretty much always be up so it should always be a powerful Fire move
    I can't believe I wasn't running this, probably one of the biggest things I overlooked so thanks for the kindly reminder haha.
    Dracozolt outclasses both by a wide margin.

Another good suggestion, could you recommend any sets to use based on my team ?

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is the standard Dracozolt set used on Showdown, idk if it'll be what you need thouhg.

Dracozolt @ Leftovers
    Ability: Hustle
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Bolt Beak
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Fang
    - Substitute

Back