• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st shiny

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Shiny Gyaradoys, lol

It was a Shiny Mareep that I got while walking to Azelea Town one day.

Years
  • In the middle of 2005, I was speeding through Victory Road with a Lv. 100 Charizard from Leaf Green to rush through the E4. I had just completed Channel and was eager to get myself a Jirachi. As I was surfing a shiny Golbat popped up right before my eyes and thankfully I caught it. ^.^

Years
  • On LeafGreen i saw a lot and caught a lot of Shiny Rattata. Made them all Lv100 Raticates, lost my LeafGreen, haven't caught shinies snce. Got a shiny Charmander all sof reset to get all 3 Shiny bird pokemon in LG/FR. Sad thing I lost it. Could've migrated.

shiraume

Plum Princess
    Years
  • My first shiny was a green taillow in my Emerald version. I freaked out at first, because I didn't know what shinies were then. I decided to catch it anyway.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The first shiny I ever caught was a Spinda on Ruby. It startled me at first.
    After that I couldn't even catch a single one
    XD

feffeowns

Original dud~
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2008
    a digglet in gold,
    Hoppip in gold,
    torchik in ruby,
    That's that lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2008
    This has probably been done before but what was your first shiny? What game was it in and say anything else interesting about. The shiny gyarados at lake of rage does not count.

My first shiny was an onix in pokemon silver in rock tunnel. I was actually looking for a kangaskhan. I didnt know about shinies then, i thought that the red gyarados was like a special, only alternate colour pokemon that exists thing. Everything in my team was a ridiculously high level at the time so i ended up throwing about 60 of my ultra balls at it (i had like 400) as i was afraid to try to weaken it.. The thing nearly died from using struggle. Anyway, she is now a shiny steelix and currently resides in my pokemon crystal.

She is the only shiny i have ever found.

I found a shiny Roselia at Trophy Garden and i trained her now she's level 63

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My first shiny was a Meditite I just caught on Dimond which is terrible considering I have been looking for shinys up from the gold version days. I am not consideing Gyrados my first shiny on purpose XP.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    My friend made me bring his LeafGreen and GameBoy Advance SP without any reasons at all... o.O
    So I played it and after Prof. Oak gave me a PokeDex, I went to Viridian to buy some Pokeballs, and the first grass I stepped on I encountered a Shiny Pidgey level 3. :)

It was the very first time I saw a shiny for real, too bad it wasn't mine, oh well... :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    My first shiny was Elekid in Crystal. I got it from the egg that the Day Care Couple gave me. At first I thought it was a glitch, but I think I hit my Crystal Version or something, because I started a new game, and in the Odd Egg, guess what! There was another Shiny Elekid! I consider that too much to be a coinsidence (sp?). My first Third Gen Shiny was a Wingull, but when I transferred it to Collosseum (sp?) the cable messed up at one point and dropped one variable: The Shiny Variable. My Pelliper (Yes, he evolved) had lost his shininess! And when I traded him back, Peliper still no shiny! Wah... But, I got a shiny Ditto in Pearl, and this time, there was no glitch behind him! :)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I probably ran into a bunch of shinys in G/S/C, but probably didn't notice. But my first caught shiny was a Shiny Electrode. I didn't know what it was so I kept chuking ultra balls at it untill I caught it... and that is how I first came here, because I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my game. And then in Victory Road I was trying to train my Pokemon, and I found a Shiny Hariyama, but it whirlwinded me away.

Back