• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 2 Questions

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    1.) Besides Horn Drill, what else attack are 1 Hit KO
    2.) is there a TM for LockDown? (For any move that 100% wont miss next turn)

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    There's a couple more but all I can remember at this time is Fissure. As for lockdown I haven't seen any TM for it and I have most of the TMs. I suggest you check serebii.net for the TMs and HMs.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • 1.) Besides Horn Drill, what else attack are 1 Hit KO
    2.) is there a TM for LockDown? (For any move that 100% wont miss next turn)

1. As mentioned above, Fissure. Another is Sheer Cold.
    2. No there isn't a TM for LockDown. Unless you're meaning something else, as I don't recall a move called LockDown.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    1. As mentioned above, Fissure. Another is Sheer Cold.
    2. No there isn't a TM for LockDown. Unless you're meaning something else, as I don't recall a move called LockDown.

Lock-On? its Lock something Megimite has it

Thanks btw PokemonXP and - Flavaquil -

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I take it you want these moves so you can have a combo of a never miss move, and a OHKO move, am I right? BAD stradegy, every normal person would switch out, so don't bother.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    I take it you want these moves so you can have a combo of a never miss move, and a OHKO move, am I right? BAD stradegy, every normal person would switch out, so don't bother.

naw dats not da combo.
    nice try tho

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • If your Pokemon are well-trained enough you can OHKO Pokemon with normal moves, instead of unreliable moves like Horn Drill or Fissure, which only have a 30% chance of working. My Gallade's Close Combat OHKOd half of many people's teams, and my Metagross and Empoleon have both OHKOd entire teams each.

Years
  • To list all of them in one post, the OHKO moves are Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure, and Sheer Cold. The first two are Normal, the third is Ground, and the last is Ice.

There is no Lock-On TM. Check the SPP Pokédex for a list of Pokémon that learn it by egg or level up.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Guillotine, Sheer Cold, Fissure, and Horn Drill are the only 4 I believe...

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Destiny Bond could also be theoratically called a OHKO move, altought it requires certain conditions to be met.

Mirror Coat too has always massacred me. I don't even know what the move does and I hate it. Every time it actually does hit it seems to OHKO me.

But yeah, Lock-On/OHKO move is a bad strategy for competitive play. In game it works fine, since the AI is too stupid to switch out. But for out of game play, you could make better use of those two move slots.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Mirror Coat too has always massacred me. I don't even know what the move does and I hate it. Every time it actually does hit it seems to OHKO me.

But yeah, Lock-On/OHKO move is a bad strategy for competitive play. In game it works fine, since the AI is too stupid to switch out. But for out of game play, you could make better use of those two move slots.

LOL, grace grace grace, as a fellow trainer I expected you to know what mirror coat does, it's a must for Milotic, it is like counter but for special moves, so it gives back double what it is dealt.

Thats why wobuffet is so uber!

Luminous_Reaver

Never good enough
    Years
  • I take it you want these moves so you can have a combo of a never miss move, and a OHKO move, am I right? BAD stradegy, every normal person would switch out, so don't bother.

Any paranoid person would.

(And just to add more to my post)
    Using lock on and a one hit KO move is the kind of obvious strategy that works now because people are likely to think "Oh man there's no way he's going to try something that stupid." :D

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Any paranoid person would.

(And just to add more to my post)
    Using lock on and a one hit KO move is the kind of obvious strategy that works now because people are likely to think "Oh man there's no way he's going to try something that stupid." :D

Eh? There's no prediction involved for Lock-On/OHKO... it goes something like this:

"Skarmory used Drill Peck!
    You used Lock-On!

Oh crap, Skarmory, come back!
    Go Metagross!

Your OHKO Attack missed!
    Metagross used Meteor Mash!

You've been pwned by Metagross!"

It's that simple. :-)

On a lighter subject, is there any sentence in any Pokemon game that doesn't end in an exclamation mark?? Haha

Back