• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2010 ★ The year that was!

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    2010. Wow. In summary, I'm gonna have to say that it was an amazing year. A little after the beginning, I had a crush on an amazing girl, and towards the end, I began to date her. I won the school spelling bee. I met a lot of new, great, loving friends (Kaori, Nica, don, Syd, TRC <3), I finally won NaNoWriMo, I stopped having self-doubt, I got a new phone, a new labtop, and a lot more that I probably forgot to list. Thank you 2010 for being the greatest, and I can only hope 2011 will hold its own against it for the title of 'My Favorite Year', haha.

Happy New Year everyone!

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
    Pros:
    Saints won Super Bowl XLIV!!!
    Made new friends
    Did new things
    Ate new stuff

Cons:
    Broke up with friends
    Did some bad stuff

That's pretty much it. Pretty cool year!

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    With that said, what are/were your favourite parts of 2010?
    Meeting new people. I transferred out of my highschool after the first semester.
    Keeping my new years resolution.. which was getting straight A's.

In what ways could have the year been better?
    Not having to deal with my cousin's death, it was tragic..

Or was the year pretty good overall for you?
    It was 'alright'.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    The year 2010... wow..... Can't say it's been the worst, as that belongs to 2006 and 2009 (they're tied >,>), but it's definitely not been the best. In short summary: I lost a dear friend because of my own stupid problems, which I feel I'm doing a lot better on, even though it's a slow process. I got a stalker, which was one of the worst things I've ever dealt with, I've had my main email account hijacked, my laptop crapped out last February and I couldn't replace it til November. Getting everything ready for college, the lack of a job or car or license and all that jazz is kinda throwing me for a loop right now, as those will ultimately decide my 2011 year and, not jokingly, potentially the rest of my life. My parents officially divorced, and it was a complete disaster. Just so much that I don't even want to continue....
    Also can't help but remember that the thread on here that really helped me through in an odd way throughout the year is pretty much dead now, and it feels partly my fault that it became that way.

There were however, some very good things. With the loss of the friend, many new ones appeared, one of which I regard as probably my dearest and closest friend, despite being someone I met online. Also managed to survive my first semester of college with fairly decent grades. But the greatest thing, I must say, has been taking a friendship I've had with someone to a level that around this time last year I never would've thought possible. She has been a godsend and pretty much completely changed my life, and is only continuing to do so.

All in all though, 2010 has, while given me some major bumps, also given way to some of the best things ever in my life. It was an okay year =3 I just hope that, although starting out 2011 alone and with the looming problems that the end of 2010 brought, this new year will only get better.

Last edited:
    Back