• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012; The Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Wow, this is like the fourth 2012 type thread I've seen. xD
    Yes, I have my own beliefs about that date but I won't go into any detail since someone always ends up debating about it with me.

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
    Years
    This makes no sense...

The world's end has always been predicted by some psycho people. If the world is really gonna end, wouldn't it be all over the news every freaking day, just like how Fairytale by Alexander Rybakk is getting played all over Norway every freaking day?

If there's any reason why the world should end is because of the horrible enviroment on this planet.
    But how I see it, predicters make up all the psycho reasons, anything but the f**king enviroment.
    Like this time, it's about a calendar stopping in 2012. That is something screwed up bulls**t.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    lol, after reading all these "no" replies ima be mad if the world does end ;)

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I already called it. Elephants are going to start raining from the sky and random geysers of toothpaste are going to burst up everywhere. It's going to be quite an interesting event indeed.

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
    Years
    Hey, wasn't the world supposed to end on June 6th, 2006?
    Yeah.
    I think it's just some idiots who have spread a rumor. And when 2012 comes, everyone is gonna look stupid while a couple of people are laughing their ass out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well since 2012 was released after the last post here, after seeing that movie, it's totally more belivable. Like yeah, if 2012 does happen... it'll be kinda how it happens in the movie imo. :(

Years
    ^ If anything like that starts happening, I'll take part in the Mass Suicide.

Y2K... 06/06/06... 2012... Really now? Are we all going with "3rd time's the charm! Teehee!" That's already two false predictions. Let's go out on a limb and rally for another apocalyptic possibility! I don't believe this trash, but if it turns out to be true... read first sentence...

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    I'm not sure my statement is true but wasn't the last two just some weirdos whilst this is scientists
    anyway I don't beleive it only because I researched after this appeared anf well as you probably know there is the mayan calander which resets every 1000 years and 2012 is its reset
    thats what I beleive and hope what true >_>

Zero_

Your Hostile Demon
    Years
    I would like too see the end of the world sooner, because I want to rebuild it.
    The thing about "2012 doomsday" Is a bunch of superstition. The only ones who could destroy the world is ourselves. (Unless a comet collides with earth or a lot of other unlikely stuff happens.)
    (I am in character. I do not want the world to end. And I don't believe it will in 2012)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    To the Mayans 2012 was supposed to be 2004 since our calender is 8 years behind or something like that.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I don't believe the world is going to end. I didn't believe the other theories and I don't believe this one. I don't know why people seem to set on having the world end.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    November 15m 1:08 PM
    2012; The Apocalypse?

If the Mayan calandar is aprox. 20,000 years old, wouldn't that mean the world is only 20,000 years old... correct?
    2012; The Apocalypse?

Why yes, that would be correct.
    2012; The Apocalypse?

But if that's the case, then what about those rocks that have been dated to over 2.5 Billion years old? LIke, this one?
    *present*
    2012; The Apocalypse?

And what about Dinosaurs? They're over 65 Million years old!
    *present*
    2012; The Apocalypse?

So, if the when the Mayan Calandar resets every 20,000 years old... then how come we still have those remains, huh? Huh? They're far older than 20,000 years!

2012; The Apocalypse?

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    For full details on the so-called Apocalypse and it's theories and controversies, go to NatGeo. And the link is in my sig.

Actually, after reading all the facts, I still don't believe in our demise.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    November 15m 1:08 PM
    2012; The Apocalypse?

If the Mayan calandar is aprox. 20,000 years old, wouldn't that mean the world is only 20,000 years old... correct?
    2012; The Apocalypse?

Why yes, that would be correct.
    2012; The Apocalypse?

But if that's the case, then what about those rocks that have been dated to over 2.5 Billion years old? LIke, this one?
    *present*
    2012; The Apocalypse?

And what about Dinosaurs? They're over 65 Million years old!
    *present*
    2012; The Apocalypse?

So, if the when the Mayan Calandar resets every 20,000 years old... then how come we still have those remains, huh? Huh? They're far older than 20,000 years!

2012; The Apocalypse?

Umm... no... the Mayan Calender is only 20,000 years old because that is when the Mayan civilization emerged, they didn't know how to date things, so they just started their calender then.

But the entire idea of the world ending because a calender freaking ends is ludicrous. If the Mayans were still about you know what they'd do in 2012? They'd start a new calender!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Umm... no... the Mayan Calender is only 20,000 years old because that is when the Mayan civilization emerged, they didn't know how to date things, so they just started their calender then.

But the entire idea of the world ending because a calender freaking ends is ludicrous. If the Mayans were still about you know what they'd do in 2012? They'd start a new calender!

I thought the Myans were extinct. >_> Not the history expert.

I'm actually getting nervous, which is utter nonsense, I know.... =\

Years
    There is a film about it.
    It must be true...

I don't have any evidence to back up my opinion, but I think it is a load of rubbish.
    Too many paranoid people living in their parents basements.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    Meh...

I do not buy this at all.
    just because it's already been dis-proven by a few Scientific Universities.
    Read it on slashdot.

ReddishDegree

Yes, I'm Insane.
    Years
    I don't think this is true but after reading in the bible i found that there is a time when the world would end in a painful way this is called in the bible "Armageddon" tho i have no idea when

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back