• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

20th genesect code for shiny mew

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    Just went to Eb games, and realized the lady at the counter gave me two, silly me i tried using both, but it would only work for one, so i'm willing to trade my spare genesect code for a shiny mew :)

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
    Just went to Eb games, and realized the lady at the counter gave me two, silly me i tried using both, but it would only work for one, so i'm willing to trade my spare genesect code for a shiny mew :)

Shiny Mews are not allowed to be traded on PC! You'll have to request something else. ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Shiny Mews are not allowed to be traded on PC! You'll have to request something else. ^^

You can get a legit shiny Mew from a Jap Emerald when they had the region event (for old sea map) but you still had to RNG it or soft rest until it was shiny because Mew doesn't have a shiny lock on it. So I wouldn't say it's "not allowed" but can be pretty rare to obtain a legit one.

Last edited:
    Years
    You can get a legit shiny Mew from a Jap Emerald when they had the region event (for old sea map) but you still had to RNG it or soft rest until it was shiny because Mew doesn't have a shiny lock on it. So I wouldn't say it's "not allowed" but can be pretty rare to obtain a legit one.
    you're right. but the thread rules says you are not allowed to trade a shiny mew in this forum. regardless it's the one legitimate or hacks. you might see the reason why on the rules section.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    you're right. but the thread rules says you are not allowed to trade a shiny mew in this forum. regardless it's the one legitimate or hacks. you might see the reason why on the rules section.
    I don't see why you couldn't trade a legit one on here when this site has multiple tabs with "Rom hacks" and such on them

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016

Pretty weird rule if you do by chance have a legit one... Oh well :/ Guess I might have a read and see why.

EDIT: Read the reasons why and I knew they were around, but didn't know they were this rare lol. Guess you can never stop learning new things.

ONLY way to ever get a shiny Mew:
    • In 2005 there was a real life event in Japan where you obtained an Old Sea Chart for Emerald.
    • The chances of finding a shiny in Emerald are 1 in 8192.
    • RNG Abuse was not possible at this time and no one knew it would be the only possible Mew to catch/receive as a shiny.
    • All of the above make it very highly unlikely anyone would have a shiny Mew.
    • Then to have kept it for this entire time and transferred all the way up to X/Y without losing it is even more unlikely.
    • There is no other way to get a shiny Mew. None.
    • Therefore it is reasonable to assume that ALL shiny Mews are hacks.
    • 6 IV shiny Mew are 100% hacked because refer to above about RNG.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back