• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd page of trainer event not saving?

Years
    I've been having this problem since I started using Pokemon Essentials, but I'm not sure if it's a problem with that or rpg maker xp.

For example, if I decide to change the 2nd page (self control switch = a) of a trainer event from something like "Dang, you beat me." to "I won't lose next time!", it will appear that it is changed until after I save the project and close the program, or test run it. Then it will change back to "dang, you beat me." Along with this, this also happens when a trainer tries to give an item to the player after a battle.

At the moment, the only way I have found to fix this is to delete the 2nd page and to remake it with the correct details. Although it works that way, it gets very frustrating if it's just a small fix.

If this is not enough detail, let me know and I'll try to record a video of it. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The comments are used to create a standard trainer event, i.e. fill in its pages with various commands that make it behave like a trainer. This process includes making new pages where necessary. The result of this is that all the event's pages and commands are erased whenever the game is compiled, and are replaced by the trainer stuff (even if they happen to be identical to what it will end up generating).

The comments are very useful for creating standard trainer events, but they cannot be used alongside custom modifications. The typical approach is to make a standard trainer event using the comments, then delete the comments and make your changes.

Back