• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Pokedex replaced by National Dex

Charizard203

Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2019
    So, after inserting the 6th Generation Pokemon in there. I realized that the Kanto + Johto Pokedex would be too small and unbalanced in typing for the whole game I was hoping to create.
    So, I came up with the idea of creating a "Regional Dex" to be the game's "National Dex". This is the settings code for the Pokedex:
    Code:
    DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = false
    def pbDexNames; return [
       [_INTL("Kanto Pokédex"),0],
       _INTL("New Tohjo Pokédex"),
       _INTL("National Pokédex")
    ]; end
    ALWAYSSHOWALLFORMS = false
    DEXINDEXOFFSETS    = []

I'll put in a gif to show you what I'm talking about. The Kanto Pokedex has 276 Pokemon and the Tohjo Pokedex has 418 Pokemon.

Debug Results:
    I tried with it having only 2 regional numbers before and I had the same issue. It seems that the 2nd
    • When I swapped the 2 Dexes around, (Tohjo became Kanto and Kanto became Tohjo), the one with 418 Pokemon appeared but the one with 276 Pokemon disappeared and became the National Pokedex with 720 Pokemon?
    • I tried adding a number to the Tohjo Pokedex and nothing happened, still got the same error where it had 720 Pokemon as the National Dex.

The scripts I'm using are:
    Elite Battle (Luka S.J.)
    Speed Up (KleinStudio)

I haven't edited the Pokedex screen at any point.

Attachments

• 2nd Pokedex replaced by National Dex
      Debug.jpg
      128.1 KB · Views: 9
    Back