• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] 2v1 Boss Battles [v18.1]

Foxx_Gaming

Wacky Wahoo Pizza Pasta Man
Years
  • So, in my fangame, at some point you are supposed to travel around the region to challenge the legendaries alongside your rivals. I've gotten everything I've needed up until the battle with the legendary mon itself.
    I've been trying to think of a way to set up a 2v1 battle alongside your partner. Thought it would be as simple as going into the battle with a partner registered, but for some reason that doesn't work.
    I've looked for other scripts that could assist me, but all of those are either for versions too low or too high.
    So, if anyone's found a way for a 2v1 boss battle (either through essentials eventing or custom scripts) within essentials v18, could y'all help guide me in the right direction?

Foxx_Gaming

Years
  • 2 v 1 battles work just fine... when it's the player's 2 mons vs the 1 enemy wild pokemon
    i was looking for a way to do 2 (player and rival/partner) vs 1 enemy wild pokemon battle. setting it up the way that i normally thought it would (call for defined partner trainer, set up battle rule as 2v1, enter battle) doesn't work

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • 2 v 1 battles work just fine... when it's the player's 2 mons vs the 1 enemy wild pokemon
    i was looking for a way to do 2 (player and rival/partner) vs 1 enemy wild pokemon battle. setting it up the way that i normally thought it would (call for defined partner trainer, set up battle rule as 2v1, enter battle) doesn't work

I tested it originally with v19 of Essentials by mistake. It seems that the partner + player vs opponent for a 2v1 battle is not a standard feature set of v18.1. My suggestion is to upgrade to v19.1 of Essentials, and you'll have easy access to this.

Last edited:

Foxx_Gaming

Years
  • the only reason why i'm iffy about updating to version 19 is the custom scripts that i have installed. i have no idea if they are compatible with the update or if i need to find new versions of said scripts made specifically for version 19

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    the only reason why i'm iffy about updating to version 19 is the custom scripts that i have installed. i have no idea if they are compatible with the update or if i need to find new versions of said scripts made specifically for version 19

Usually, you can just google "<NAME OF SCRIPT> for essentials v19" and you can find its resource page on either Pokecommunity or Relic Castle and see if there's a v19 version of it or not. Some v18 scripts may even work on v19 without any changes. If you're still unsure if one of your scripts has a v19 compatible version, you could ask here as well.

Foxx_Gaming

Years
  • i have actually found a solution to all of my problems by fiddling with the code a bit.
    within "PField_Battles", all i had to do was change "foeParty.length>1" to "foeParty.length>=1" on both lines 398 and 258.

thank you for your ideas and assistance though, i appreciate it a bunch!

Back