• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] 2v1 Wild Battle with partner

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    Hello! I've been messing around with Pokemon essentials and I've run into a problem. If I add a partner when I launch a simple Wild Battle, there's only the player character and not the partner. I wanted to do something like an overworld boss fight (you meet the pokemon during an event, the partner is added during same event, fight against the pokemon and then partner is taken out from party.). But so far I haven't been able to achieve this. I checked against a double battle and my partner is here. Here's a barebone look at what I evented.

EWoYsUJ.png

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I've ran into the same question some time ago and I eventually gave up. As far as I know, 2v1/1v2 battles are fairly difficult to implement in Essentials because they require in-depth scripts modifications. The battle system as it is only supports 1v1 or 2v2s. I've seen some quick attempts to change that over the years (such as initializing a "fake" battler as being already K.O.) but I found no solution that really worked properly.
    I also heard that v18 would make the battle system more flexible overall (so you might consider waiting for it).

Years
  • This is already a thing since two years ago in the Spanish-speaking community. Here is the link:
    newpokeliberty.blogspot.com/2018/06/tutorial-batalla-contra-bosses-2-vs-1.html

You may need to translate the page to undestand how to install and use but is truly easy to use and works very well.
    Credits to Nyaruko if is used.

Back