• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen 3 new starters

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i think emerald or the next series of games after that should have 3 different type starters. Ok its been grass/fire/water for a while now and i feel its time for a change.

I would like to see something unusual like dark/pychic/ghost or something, or even where all 3 have the "triangle effect" which lightning/water/ground has. Thats my personal opinion anyway,

what do you guys think?
    any better starter types you can come up with?

and also i think there should be a new type in the next one. "light" would be the obvious choice, i suppose there's tonnes more you could use like "star" or "unknown" or something wierd.

any others you can come up with?

and finally to finish to get all the things out of my head and onto my computer i think the next legendary should be something really legendary, like something that everyone goes 'wow i have to have that now'. like an ice/dragon or a dark/dragon or something. that would be so cool.

some people would probably say that 1 pokemon with a big advantage would probably be overused but theres so many legendaries now that dont we need something that stands out from the crowd?

heres my idea, nintendo listen up. make the next legendary the new type. so a light/dragon which would be strong against dark, of course.

anyway i hope ive give you all something to think about and i know im probably gonna be told this is in the wrong forum or something (sorry if it is) but nintendo really could make the next games 'mad cool' for all us pokemon fans out there.

get our mouthes watering over some great ideas.

anyway im off to bed now, typing has made me tired.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *points to the BIG BOLDED RED STICKY before spitting out blood*

We're just awesome at reading the words "Pokemon General Spectulation" are we?

And how about just destroy all legendaries as who needs those useless ubars... and on top of that, knowing that Emerald is still a 3rd generation game means that we already know that everything in this thread will never come true, at least not for Emerald.

I forgot how many times I debated and debated about why Light type is not suitable already... not going to bother.

Years
    • Age 31
    • auz
    • Seen Sep 17, 2004
    i recon that there should be a new type death and theres another stone called death stone you use it on charmeleon,wartortle and ivysaur

Shion

Uso da!!!
    Years
    brendan2004 said:
    i recon that there should be a new type death and theres another stone called death stone you use it on charmeleon,wartortle and ivysaur
    That is just simply sick.

Years
    brendan2004 said:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! That's disgusting! Ewww..... it's horrible!
    What do they evolve into?!
    Deathflame>.<?
    Deathwater-.-?
    Deathleaf=_=?

:\ Whats your problem?

Years
    • Age 31
    • auz
    • Seen Sep 17, 2004
    i dunt no im just wierd ok i take that death stone thing back maybe a new stone that you can use on the starters and eevee aslo on ditto to make them learn new attacks or other pokemon and you got it from a prof's aide or the person who own the pokemon boxes and to get back on topic torchic/todidile/bubasaur on from each game or all elec or sumthing (this is the longest post iv eva done

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    I think you should just be able to pick your starting Pokemon (not counting Legendaries) out of all of them.

Years
    I agree with Absoru. *would love to strart with larvitar/bagon*

And I would like that Nintendo re-formulate the Dark-type. Cmon! Thief? 40 power? please... Sumthing like, haaaah, Dark Trash, Dark Water gun, it would be cool, normal moves darkened...*drools*
    I always liked the type Dark/Shadow in RPGs games. Nintendo done that. Now please, put good attacks!

James3

That better not be poo!
    Years
    What would dark water gun do ?

Anyway there are those three types because there the most common types and other types would just make it hard as your starter is the easiest to train

ZanGo

pokemon maverick
    Years
    i agree with absoru and doomsday_shadow...they could let us pick any pokemon xcept uber legendaries as starters....anyhoo, my point is they should change the starters or make them shiny... :classic:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Well adding the word "dark" in front of anything doesn't make it a dark attack, nor does it make any logical sense. Theif is used to steal items not to attack. You got crunch for that, which is fair enough of an attack due to the high PP and power. However, grass can certainly use something better that's at least at power 80 or higher besides solarbeam which can't even be used without sunny day.

If we're making "new attacks" at least make them reasonably logical and balanced...

As for the starters, just where's the fun in starting out with the "ever so popular Pokemon" (dragon types, Eevee and etc) and using these high stats basic types to beat up on poor Pidgeys and Zigzagoons? Overwhelming stats... blah. Instead, wild Pokemon should be buffed, like actually inserting in Pokemon with higher base stats in the beginning areas, just so that not all of them has to be normal/flying/bug type pushovers.

Back