• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
Years
Day 03 - A Pokémon That Is Underrated.

Lapras.

It's a great Pokemon with brilliant HP stats. In general though all of it's stats are pretty good and while speed is it's lowest, it makes up for it due to the high HP stat. It has a great move-pool and versatile with it being a dual type, water and ice Pokemon.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
Day 03 - A Pokémon That Is Underrated.

Hitmonchan.
This brother has pathetic amounts of HP and Sp. A but has enough Attack and Sp. D to make Kadabra cry if you level him up right. He also has many high priority moves, of many types to punch out anything you'd like to. Not only that, but he has decent to good status/guard moves. And if you'd really like to, he can learn Close Combat to punch that Staraptor back in the beak. No hard feelings Staraptor, I actually really like you too.

But most of all, he's named afterHiroyuki Ebihara in Japanese, Mike Tyson in French and HIT+MONSTER+Jackie CHAN in English/Chinese. YES. DO IT.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Day 03 - A Pokémon that is Underrated:
Hmm... I can't quite think of one, but I guess I should say Marowak!

105.gif

With Thick Club attached, Marowak's attack gets to the mid 500's alone. With Rock Head and Double-Edge, things can be quite a beast, and since Marowak knows multi-hit moves, annoying substitutes like Whimsicott can bow down to him rather quickly.

Shame his speed is rather low. I guess that's where support and synergy kick in?

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
Day 03 - A Pokémon that is underrated

The Gastly line. With all the new Ghost types it's easy to forget the original ghost types.

Years
Day 03 - A Pokémon that is underrated

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Day 03 - An Underrated Pokemon

I would have to say that Swellow is one of the most underrateed pokemon out there. It has terrific speed, and an alright amount of moves to choose from.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Day 3

Miltank. Definitely. It's one of my favourite pokemon, but it's also a brilliant defensive wall and utility pokemon, with access to Stealth Rock, Milk Drink and Heal Bell. Plus it can pack a bit of a punch.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
Day 01: Your first Pokemon game.

Spoiler:

Oh, nostalgia. I will never forget playing Red for the first time...

Day 02: Your Favorite Pokemon

Spoiler:

Definitely a tie between Raichu and Arcanine. Though... Lillipup and Typhlosion almost made the cut.

Day 03: A Pokemon that is underrated.

Spoiler:

I never realized Kecleons true potential until I used him in a challenge. He became one of my favorites on that team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
(I live in the GMT +8 time zone, so expect my 30 days challenge answers to be ahead of others)

Day 04 - Favorite item
: Tie between Expert Belt and Life Orb.
-Expert Belt: It's not as effective as Life Orb, but my Pokemon don't suffer recoil. I like using this on Pokemon who have excellent type coverage in their moves.
-Life Orb: The recoil could be lower, but the power boost without being locked into 1 move is what it's all about.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
Day 03 - A Pokemon that is underrated

I think many people overlook the potential of Shiftry. When equipped with the proper moveset(s), it can prove to be quite lethal in battle.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023

Not much I can say on this subject, since I tend to use the same Pokemon a lot. But since I started doing Nuzlockes, I think I found one. Raticate was a very helpful physical attacker in my Fire Red run. Not much else I can say.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Day 4: Your favorite item
VS. Seeker
- I love getting exp and being overlevel! It's easier to level grind against trainers instead of wild Pokemon. Simple as that!
Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I agree with Syd on this one: VS Seeker. I mean, back in Fire Red I always grind in Vermilion City against that trainers there and man, did I become overleveled. I was so overleveled that I didn't have to grind until I reached Sabrina!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I have to third this.... Vs. Seeker - None of the other rematch type things did as good a job at consistent trainer grinds as the vs seeker. Trainer pokemon give off more experience... thus they should be readily available post game.... WHERE ALL YOU DO IS GRIND.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
When I did my St. Patrick's day challenge I found new respect for Victreebel. It carried me through most the game.

I like the GB Sounds in Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. It was one of the best things they could've done in a remake and they did. I loved the music in Pokemon Gold and Silver and I was happy I could listen to it again.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
Day 4: Your favorite item Bit of a tough one here, but I'm going to have to say VS Seeker as well. It's been such an awesome way of training. Just makes it so much easier, really.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Day 04 - Your favorite item

Sorry, I have more than one.

THE BICYCLE. 'NUFF SAID.

Lava Cookie. It's MUCH cheaper than a Full Heal, and it's cute.

Revival Herb- Functions as a Max Revive... THAT YOU CAN BUY! Only use it when I can't be bothered going to a Pokemon Centre and/or I can't.

The vending machine drinks- they're good until you're a very high level, cheaper options and the designs are less bland.

Moo Moo Milk- nice amount when Hyper Potions would be a waste.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years

Gawd yes! The Revival Herb is a must for first time league runs.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
The Bike :D I would have probs given up on pokemon without it. It is such a time saver <3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Day 04 - Your favourite item

Lucky Egg. It has, like, no side effects and increases your Experience in battle by so much. Grinding becomes so much easier because of this. (Although, second place would definitely be the Bicycle, and it's close as well...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back