• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

32 MAN TOURNEY

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    i do no wat the sleep clause is

Sigh, the lack of organisation amazes me.
    Sleep Clause: No more than one pokemon can be put to sleep by the opposing team at once. Self-induced sleep does not count towards this
    Uber clause: The following pokemon are banned:
    Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys (All forms excluding Speed), Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias (regardless of Soul Dew), Latios (Same as Latias), Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza. Everything else is allowed.
    Evasion Clause: No use of moves that alter the ability to hit with attacks. This includes Flash, Double Team ect
    OHKO Clause: No using Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure, or Sheer Cold. Destiny Bond and Perish Song are allowed, however.
    Item Clause: No using hold items that rely on luck. Hax Items include Lax Incense, King's Rock, Brightpowder, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, and Quick Claw.

Et voila, real clause list. The one legend rule is kinda unfair, since they dont really offer a distinct advantage over some OU pokes

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Why the Legendary limitation?
    There are many legendaries which are not that special (such as poor old Entei, with his lack of physical moves and high physical attack... And Shaymin, which just isn't very good.) A team of full legendaries, as long as they are not uber, can be easily wiped out by the average team.
    Anyways, I'm in. However, will this tourney be Doubles or Singles? Because I've been dying for a chance to try out my Doubles stall team. Yes, a Doubles stall team. It's no longer about the fastest, frailest sweeper.
    My bad, I really need to read more carefully.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Why the Legendary limitation?
    There are many legendaries which are not that special (such as poor old Entei, with his lack of physical moves and high physical attack... And Shaymin, which just isn't very good.) A team of full legendaries, as long as they are not uber, can be easily wiped out by the average team.

Any chance you can answer the question? There is no real reason to limit ubers except to cut down on Azelf (which is arguably the best special sweeper in the game) and Cresselia (A powerful wall). If it is only because of such reasons like that, the limitation should be lifted. All non-uber legendaries have fairly common counters in OU, and even some uber ones have counters in OU, ergo the current debate over the Lati@s.
    As well, if you are banning legends to cut down on Cresselia, Pokemon is not entirely about the fastest, frailest sweeper. That is like me banning sweepers.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    the tourney is now finished as no-one really wants to join so i cut it down to 8 pokemon trainers

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Any chance you can answer the question? There is no real reason to limit legends except to cut down on Azelf (which is arguably the best special sweeper in the game) and Cresselia (A powerful wall). If it is only because of such reasons like that, the limitation should be lifted. All non-uber legendaries have fairly common counters in OU, and even some uber ones have counters in OU, ergo the current debate over the Lati@s.
    (My bad, I typed "ubers" instead of "legends")
    As well, if you are banning legends to cut down on Cresselia, Pokemon is not entirely about the fastest, frailest sweeper. That is like me banning sweepers.

Ignoring the question doesn't make it go away.

Back