• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Blaine's Facts: Viridian's Coffee Guy

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
blaine_facts_viridian_coffee.png

Blaine covers the tutorial person from Viridian City and educates us on what he was really drinking.

Click here to view the article.

Bay

Years
Heck, even – uh, my friends have done that. Yes.

Rightttt.

He's lucky the Weedle didn't attack him. …Maybe it was also drunk.

I wonder what kind of alcoholic beverage Weedle like, lol.

I've known of the original Japanese games having that man drunk for a while now, but it's still a fun read there. Yeah, I would assume Japan is more lenient showing this to the younger audience.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
So....even if you don't translate it, it wouldn't be any less subtle. North American citizens may cover up the fact that they're drunk. Non-North American cultures may be less shameful about alcoholism, so that may be a factor. It wouldn't be uncommon for me to note drunk ppl bellowing for others not to 'traspass' when others are actually just walking by him/her. Also, the line about 'not having my coffee yet' may be a screaming giveaway, for spiking one's coffee is a common method of drinking, particularly outdoors. No matter the surrounding opinions, discussions like these are critical, for satirical comedy. Always for comedy. :P

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Really interesting that the change is even done in the Firered versions.

Also, this wasn't the first time that the beers are censored from a GameBoy game.

tumblr_m964cjCoG91rw70wfo1_500.png

Back