• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO breaks iOS App Store records

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • Not at all surprised, actually.

I read somewhere where the app had already surpassed previous App Store superpowers like Flappy Bird. It was only a matter of time. Seems like absolutely everyone and their brother is out playing GO.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • WELP, THIS HAPPENED. I'd love to know where it stands in the overall downloads charts rather than the first-week ones. But hey, look where its gotten me and my #TeamInstinct. Very far.

For current Pokemon fans, this is a "best of times/worst of times" situation. GO has reminded many people of their past, but it is bringing in so many people that are so hard to educate on these topics that you could assume everyone on PC knows before the influx of new accounts I imagine happened over the last week. I have been literally tormented by Pokemon questions from my mother and father who have picked up Go. Normally the people asking me Pokemon questions know that Pikachu evolves into Raichu and the like, whereas here I'm being asked "What does Lapras evolve from?" questions in addition to the standard "What Pokemon is the strongest" questions that are on PC a lot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    So proud of this little game ♥ I'm not at all shocked by this but it's still really cool to see it happen. I didn't expect it to be quite so popular when it was first leaked - I know there was always a lot of hype for it but it never felt excessive. It just feels like as soon as it was released the world went into a frenzy and now everyone is absolutely hooked. I'm hoping this'll mean great things for the game's future and they'll want to keep it feeling fresh and exciting (/finally fix the bugs...) but I'm also very curious to see how the popularity curve goes a month or two into its release. Will the new fans keep up with the game?

Back