• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's time to GO-GO-GO: Grass-types blooming this weekend!

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
  • What is their definition of 'tomorrow afternoon'? It's now 8:30pm where I am and still no Grass type Pokémon around.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    This should help me finish the Chikorita line, now I just need to find my first Cyndaquil.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I caught alot of the bulbasaurs and chikoritas today, missed out on a ivysaur, only saw it in passing a pokestop, was gonna turn around but didn't.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I was able to get enough Sunkern for Sunflora and enough Chikorita for Meganium.

Hopefully they have an event for Cyndaquil and fire types, since they had one for grass and water and fire's a very rare type.

Anyways didn't see any evolved starters but I did see my 4th and 5th Tangela on the nearby tracker. In total I've seen 5 Tangela since games release, hatched 1st and 2nd, caught 3rd last month and noticed 4th and 5th on the tracker during this event.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I got enough Sunkern for a Sunflora, and I've got plenty of spare Sun Stones! Only found 3 or 4 Chikoritas, but I used Pinap Berries on all of them so it boosted my candy numbers a bit, still nowhere near Meganium though. I did see a Bayleef on the nearby tracker but I couldn't get it.

Overall this event has been very disappointing for me. The Water event was brilliant, it lasted long enough to catch lots of Pokémon, and the diversity of Water types was great. With this one though, it essentially lasted less than 48 hours due to work, sleep and family time this weekend. The diversity was poor; I saw almost nothing but Sunkerns and Exeggcutes. And even then the amount of Grass types around didn't seem to increase much. Unlike the Water event where they were all over the place and dominated the nearby list, this time I was still finding the same old Pokémon more often. At times this weekend you'd struggle to realise there was supposed to be an increase in Grass types.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I too used Pinap berries on every Chikorita I found and caught and transferred them for 7 candies each, I had a Bayleef before the event so only needed 125 candies for Meganium, ended up getting about 130 Chikorita candies during the event. They were spawning a lot.

It was the opposite during the water event, no Totodile spawned at all but I did catch a Feraligatr. Eventually I got Croconaw by hatching a couple Totodile.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Eggsecute was the only one I saw more of. I also got my first Sunkern, but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Apparently it was extended? I never noticed. This event sucked. They better up their game if/when they do the next specific type event. I don't understand why the Water event was so great and they didn't just do the same with the Grass one. It was just like "ahh whatever, put a few extra Exeggcutes out for the next 48 hours".

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I didn't see that many grass types either... near my place and in the city. When I was visiting my parents' area at the start I saw more, so maybe some biomes were just less affected. Not ideal if so.

That said, I didn't care much for it either mostly because I already have the Grass types needed in my Pokedex (including Meganium - have encountered a lot of Chikorita and the odd Bayleef). I hope we get a Fire one down the track though. Cyndaquil are quite rare, and so are Charmander (but I caught a Charizard during the Christmas event). Need more fire types for that medal too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    The grass event did not affect lure modules, maybe that caused some confusion?

To get loads and loads of grass type, you had to walk and ignore the shiny lures.

I have also seen more grass types during the grass event in nests, and less in the places where people like to hang out around lure modules to play pokemon sit. I used the live map to go mainly for Chicorita, and the places this took me were swarming with grass types. So there was a strong biome effect, but not like you think, its the most popular spots with much lure module activity (in general, not just during the event) that got left out. You just needed to walk.... anywhere, to less popular areas or less popular nests, and you got leaf-types everywhere. Walking a kilometer for another one or two Chicoritas into some less-active area usually yielded a bunch of different grass-types on top.

This may be relevant for the next event, rock type, as well.

Back