• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Update: Raid Battles, new Gym features, and new Items!

Years
    Pok?mon GO Update: Raid Battles, new Gym features, and new Items!

Pokémon GO Update: Raid Battles, new Gym features, and new Items!

What Niantic is calling the ?largest update to Pok?mon GO? is nearing! Lots of new features have been announced as well!

More Information Here

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    I dont understand any of that so a pokemon you powered up at expense can loose its cp in a gym? So what is point of powering up then. How to you enter a gym? Any coins?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I dont understand any of that so a pokemon you powered up at expense can loose its cp in a gym? So what is point of powering up then. How to you enter a gym? Any coins?

If I had to guess, the cp drop isn't permanent and only affects it at the gym. Also I think any team can have a spot at a gym and no single team owns the gyms, but whoever's can earn coins.

It shouldn't be to long before we know for sure as there seems to be some betas going around that we will probably get footage from soon enough.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Updated the article with more information and images! Pretty exciting stuff tbh. :B

BTW, coins have changed. You don't claim them manually now for placing defenders. Rather, when your Pokemon are returned to you from defending they'll bring back coins! The amount depends on how long they've been on the Gym.

Back