• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Gyms live, Raid Battles releasing

Years
Pok?mon GO Gyms live, Raid Battles releasing

With Gyms now live, you can now spin them as Photo Discs, just like Pok?Stops! Additionally, some Pok?Stops have been converted into Gyms.

More here!

What do you guys think?

Years
I'm super excited! Dropped pokemon at two new gyms on my way home. Unfortunately I screwed up early in the month and I'm now out of data, so will have to wait until July 9th before I can do any more Pokemon GO!-ing :(

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Article updated with some notes on coins (no reward unless your Pokemon defends for an hour at least...? =/) and candy rewards for feeding Pokemon.

If you notice anything else please share it in the thread!

EDIT: Raid Battles live for level 35 and higher players. More access to be granted over the coming days.

Last edited:

Antonio94

Frostwolf
Years
This raid boss gym is kinda interesting and I was wondering how they will deliver the legendary pokemon. One possible chance is that they will put them as epic gym bosses? That would be cool but it can also be repetitive, still, it's a nice idea to fight legendaries as uber bosses.

Adore

Party.
Years
This raid boss gym is kinda interesting and I was wondering how they will deliver the legendary pokemon. One possible chance is that they will put them as epic gym bosses? That would be cool but it can also be repetitive, still, it's a nice idea to fight legendaries as uber bosses.

Data miners have found legendary raid eggs in the game's code. This is definitely how they're doing at least some legendaries.

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
Just placed 3 pokemon in 3 gyms but was amazed how quickly that motivation timer goes down. If no battles are done at the gym and you dont go and feed it berries I cannot see a pokemon staying in the gym more than 10 hours if that.

So before we got 10 coins for 20 hours on this new system was it mentioned just one 1 coin for every hour did I read that right? Will be hard to gather coins at this rate.

Also I can see how you can check the motivation and feed it berries at the gym, but once you are out of range from the gym is there any way to check the motivation other than returning to the gym? And where is this inbox I cannot find it?

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
Ah! Found where you see the motivation level without going to the actual gym, neat

Years
We will get the article updated soon, but it's now reported that Raid Battles are now available to trainers at Level 25 or higher.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Said article has been updated.

Also coins changed again too.
How many coins can I earn from Gyms, you may ask? The system has already changed - you gain a coin for every 10 minutes a Pok?mon stays in a Gym, and can gain a maximum of 50 coins a day. Previously it was one coin per hour minimum. Good work with the prompt change, Niantic!
This is far better, 10 minutes is a reasonable amount of time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Just wondering when they do release legendaries in raid battles will you know if a raid battle contains a legendary before entering it?

Also the pass you get each 24 hours is good for multiple raid battles or just one a day?

Does this mean each day you have to guess which raid battle contains a legendary?

And finally it said you can catch the Pokemon, can only one person catch the pokemon or can everyone catch it?

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
1coin for every 10 mins!!!!! 50 coins max for a day it was 100 max for a day before. No point in keeping a poke inside a gym for that dont feed it berries niot worth it let it die and put your lowest cp poke in the gym. Thats if you want the coins. Mine have been in for over a day I will let them die now.

Guest123_x1

Didn't think Gyms would be restored this soon! I was expecting the system-wide gym shutdown to last significantly longer.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Sunday I took a walk downtown to play Pokémon Go. It was the first time since september I could place a Pokémon in a Gym (I'm Lv. 27) and I got around 320 gold from my weekend overall. Thing is, some Pokémon don't bring back Gold, despite being on a Gym for a long time. What's up with that?

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
Sunday I took a walk downtown to play Pokémon Go. It was the first time since september I could place a Pokémon in a Gym (I'm Lv. 27) and I got around 320 gold from my weekend overall. Thing is, some Pokémon don't bring back Gold, despite being on a Gym for a long time. What's up with that?

Gold coins system has changed. 1 coin for every 10 mins your pokemon is in a gym and you only receive that once your pokemon is returned either knocked out or no motivation left.. Its a max of only 50 coins a day you are abke to receive. Personally I dont like it. I was getting more coins on the old system. Now I am stuck with 4 good pokemon in gyms for over 3 days now I will gain only 50 coins if all 4 are knocked out, on the old system by now I would have received 160 coins by now.

Once they are eventually out I most certainly will not enter a high cp pikemon in a gym its not worth it that reward of keeping pokemon in gyms has gone through the window completely, no incentive anymore. Put a lower reasonable cp pokemon in a gym and hope it gets knocked out quick. Otherwise no coins. I dont think Niantic have given that much thought the idea of holding gyms for longer was to receive coins every day the 50 coins a day is not a lot 9 hours and you are done for the day the rest is wasted. Dont feed it berries to keep the motivation thats the other thing why do that if you are not going to get coin rewards. Even with 2 pokemon in gyms one last 9 hours you receive 50 coins, the other lasts 10 hours you receive nothing!!!! Thats what I am trying to say no incentive.

Last edited:

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Even with 2 pokemon in gyms one last 6 hours you receive 50 coins, the other lasts 7 hours you receive nothing!!!!
But why wouldn't we recieve anything? That was my question; I had a Pokémon hold a Gym for 2 days and when it returned, I got nothing, while the others all gave me 50 Coins

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
As I understand it Soappy 50 coins max a day you are able to receive. Hence the first gave you 50 coins the second you got nothing as you had already received your 50 coins for the day from the first pokemon.. that is why I am saying its not beneficial anymore to keep pokemon in gyms, especially if a high cp one

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
As I understand it Soappy 50 coins max a day you are able to receive. Hence the first gave you 50 coins the second you got nothing as you had already received your 50 coins for the day from the first pokemon.. that is why I am saying its not beneficial anymore to keep pokemon in gyms, especially if a high cp one

Oh damn really? I thought it was 50 Coins per Pokémon, not per day. Wow. ;^; I love the new Gym system honestly, but that sucks

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
Oh damn really? I thought it was 50 Coins per Pokémon, not per day. Wow. ;^; I love the new Gym system honestly, but that sucks

Agree I don't like it at all, thats why I am only going to do one pokemon a day in a gym once these 4 eventually come out. I got 50 coins yester day one being in for 10 hours, it was a low cp too 1400 cp. Thats all I have received so far in coins since the new gyms due to others still being in gyms. I find it totally destroying tbh. Someone keeps feeding a couple berries which is not helping one bit.

Back