• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preparing for Legendary Raids in Pokémon GO

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Check the link above for the guide!

As before - please give feedback so we can improve this article! Theory-mon here admittedly in part given we don't know all the specifics.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Hmm I got Rhydon and Golem covered, they're pretty good. I guess I'll need to be on the lookout for Ice Types! I have only one Larvitar, I need to find a good Tyranitar raid ;^;

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I have 3 Rhydons and a Golem with these good movesets.

My only tyranitar has a bad moveset.

For ice, i have a near-perfect lapras.

For water, i have 2 Vaporeons with perfect moveset, and 2 more with near-perfect movesets, and two Gyarados with bite + hydro pump.

Next thing i want is a Scizor with bug attacks. I have one, but it has double steel, i cannot possibly use TMs because that double steel moveset is also one of the best that Scizor can have. I need to evolve another one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've got a Breathtaking Tyranitar and lots of great Rhyhorn. I'm set yo. I think I've got like four Tyranitar??

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    Wow 4 Tyranitar The Lavitar seems to be none existant here i have 2 of those but walking them for buddies is a nightmare, same goes to getting a blissey too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    A friend of mine did farm Arenas in a big city with 8 players in two cars, they were hunting for 4-star raids and checking what hatched.

They spent half a day, she participated in 7 Tyranitar-raids and got really lucky, she caught 5.

For that, you need chatrooms where people share all the 4-star raids they spot, and update when it hatches. Or you need a working live map to reveal all the raids. Or you drive around the city with 3 people checking out the nearby arenas and one driver. Obviously it needs to be a big city.

I am too lazy for that, when i have time and there is a 3 star or 4 star raid nearby, i just go there, look what hatches, and hope that people show up. I did not get a tyranitar from a raid yet. The one i have cost me maybe around 160 candy for evolving and powering it up from a good larvitar.

Years
  • May want to update the time-frame as well - I've seen two legendary raids already today, one for Articuno this morning and one for Lugia just a few minutes ago

Years
  • Already done since yesterday. =p

The second sentence still says "Players have until a couple days after the 22nd of July (this Saturday) to prepare for these new Raid Battles" even though it's fixed farther down (just fyi :) unless you're leaving it that way on purpose, in which case ignore me)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The second sentence still says "Players have until a couple days after the 22nd of July (this Saturday) to prepare for these new Raid Battles" even though it's fixed farther down (just fyi :) unless you're leaving it that way on purpose, in which case ignore me)
    I suppose that part could be removed, although I feel tempted to leave it in for now given we only have two Legendaries released so far - there's more preparation that could be done for the other Legendaries as we speak.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Double post to announce this has been updated once again. A bit quickly as I am juggling multiple things, but the general advice for Mewtwo (and previous birds) is there.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Noticed a little mistake in the article:
    Mewtwo

Zapdos has been seen with a CP of 49,430 (around 2,200 CP when caught; max CP potentially 2,275), and moves of Psycho Cut/Confusion (fast) and Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Hyper Beam/Psychic (charge). Currently Japan (Yokohama) only. Available in Exclusive Raids later.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Updated again! Again, please point out any rushed typos or whatnot. Raikou, Entei and Suicune advice added now.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Preparing for a legendary raid

Step 1: win lottery
    Step 2: find a legendary raid with 30+ participants in it

Back