• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Ultra Beasts revealed for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

blue

gucci
Years
New Ultra Beasts revealed for Pok?mon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

rsz_burst.jpg
rsz_assembly.jpg

Two new Ultra Beasts have been revealed in the Nintendo Direct. UB Burst will appear in Ultra Sun and UB Assembly will appear in Ultra Moon.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I am very disappointed in Game Freak. Having new pokemon in the current gen is wrong. How can they do that? New pokemon are only suppose to be introduced at the start of the gen. I am not happy with this news. USUM is getting more disappointing by the second.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Much like the other UB's, they look like junk.
I honestly did not expect them to be good.

On a less negative note, all the other things in the Direct was pretty decent, I think. I think the Pika-Farm might actually be pretty funny to try.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
What the hell? New Pokemon mid gen? Feels like a cheap move. Well at least competitive players will love it since they'll probably have good stats, competitive players would love a pile of steaming poo if it had good stats and a good movepool, typing and ability

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
GameFreak actually introduced new Pok?mon midgen. They actually did it. Those madmen. I'm genuinely curious what implications this has on future generations. Did these UBs open the floodgates for Gamefreak introducing new mons in future third versions/sequels? Who knows.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
The news today was not good. We should have gotten better info. New pokemon introduce is definitely the downside to these games. I wouldn't bother using them. Nintendo Direct failed like corocoro. So much for September having good news.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
GameFreak actually introduced new Pok?mon midgen. They actually did it. Those madmen. I'm genuinely curious what implications this has on future generations. Did these UBs open the floodgates for Gamefreak introducing new mons in future third versions/sequels? Who knows.

I got 4 words. I FREAKING CALLED EVERYTHING YEEEEEEEEEEES

Yup, Gen 7.5 (assuming that those aren't actually formes of pre-existing UBs) xD. I wonder if the original UBs will show up. There was that spot where it seemed that Kartana could appear.

Years
I am very disappointed in Game Freak. Having new pokemon in the current gen is wrong. How can they do that? New pokemon are only suppose to be introduced at the start of the gen. I am not happy with this news. USUM is getting more disappointing by the second.

The news today was not good. We should have gotten better info. New pokemon introduce is definitely the downside to these games. I wouldn't bother using them. Nintendo Direct failed like corocoro. So much for September having good news.
Dissapointing? We got 2 new UBs + New locations + more info on Necrozma's forms, and a Celebi distribution. Also what new Pokemon? Those are just different UB forms (only 2, mind you), there's no actual new gen Pokemon. This seems like a pretty good amount of info for the time being.

On the new news, I really like the Nihilego looking UB! I'm looking more forward to getting these games now.

Last edited:
Years
I have to admit the new Ultra Beasts are interesting, but this probably means US/UM will be incompatible with S/M, like how OR/AS Mega Evolutions couldn't trade over to X/Y.

blue

gucci
Years
I doubt they'd introduce only two new UBS unless they had the intention of having one for each version. Regardless though I like UB Burst waaaaay more than UB Assembly.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
ok people who don't like the news.... first of all iirc you're all getting the games anyways. Also, it's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) trailers we're gonna get, it was HUGE. Idgi :/

Years
I doubt they'd introduce only two new UBS unless they had the intention of having one for each version. Regardless though I like UB Burst waaaaay more than UB Assembly.

Well, I'm planning to get UM so Assembly it is for me. I actually like that one better than Burst, since I think Burst is reminding me too much of that new IT movie.

But a new question is that these UB's didn't exist in S/M's coding so this could be another XY/ORAS issue where OR/AS Megas couldn't connect with X/Y when it came to trades and battles.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Dissapointing? We got 2 new UBs + New locations + more info on Necrozma's forms, and a Celebi distribution. Also what new Pokemon? Those are just different UB forms (only 2, mind you), there's no actual new gen Pokemon. This seems like a pretty good amount of info for the time being.

On the new news, I really like the Nihilego looking UB! I'm looking more forward to getting these games now.
Ultra Beasts are pokemon. Even if they are the only two, it is still insulting to have them in the games. What new locations? Alola is basically the same. Also i can't get celebii since that bit of news is not important. The info on necrozma is the same as corocoro.

Worst bit of news yet.

ok people who don't like the news.... first of all iirc you're all getting the games anyways. Also, it's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) trailers we're gonna get, it was HUGE. Idgi :/
no it isn't. It was short and unappealing. The news has not increased my hype.

tumblr_ow8puietBN1r8sc3ro7_400.jpg

Seems like Lillie is the same as she was in S/M.
We don't need anymore from her. We need other characters developing.

Last edited:
Years
Let's remember this is the first time between games of the same generation that we've had a completely new Pokemon introduced. We've often had new forms introduced between games, but never a new Pokemon.

We don't need anymore from her. We need other characters developing.

Remember this is an alternate story of S/M. So basically a retelling with some differences.

Last edited:
Back