• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3DS Wifi won't connect?

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
Years
  • Hi guys! So I have a 3DS that used to connect to my wifi just fine... but lately I can't get it to at all. I get the 003-1102 error (sometimes it's 003-1101, etc.) but they all appear to be the same issue on the Nintendo Support Error Code page. However, NOTHING I do helps. I've had a tech out here to switch out my router out, I've tried the 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 DNS code, I've tried cycling the box... nothing. The DS LOOKS to have good internet up in the top left corner with full bars, but the connection test always fails.

If anyone could help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it! I'd love to get this working again, especially before XY!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Hi! :)

I have a question. Are you having trouble connecting to the Internet on the 3DS itself, or does the issue only arise when you're trying to connect to a normal DS game (not a 3DS game).

Years
  • Have you tried assigning the 3DS a manual IP to your router? You should try that and see if it works. Sometimes DHCP assignment doesn't work on the DS (and maybe the 3DS), as my DSi XL has had that problem.

EDIT: Ninja'd! :< but yeah, do indeed let us know if you're trying to connect through an older DS game and not an actual 3DS game, please! That could be one reason why, as I've had that problem with HeartGold and my 3DS, as wifi data is stored to the cartridge itself.

Kitty17794

Years
  • I cannot access ANY internet-related stuff on my DS. The internet browser does not work, I can't connect to do any 3DS software updates, and I cannot connect on Pokemon White 2. And I used to be able to. I have a WPA2 connection, and I have tried deleting all the access point settings on my DS and putting them back in again -- no go. :(

PS: Thank you for your quick responses, and your assistance!

Kitty17794

Years
  • Update: tried to get on the internet at my grandmother's house, where her connection doesn't have an encryption key/isn't locked. It worked perfectly. But I KNOW I am entering my home encryption right... any thoughts?

Years
  • What type of encryption are you using at home? And are you using a 3DS game?

If you're using a normal DS game, you cannot (and I stress cannot) use WPA-2 encryption on your router, as only WEP encryption is supported. :( but I would at least assume that in 3DS games, WPA-2 encryption is supported..

Back