• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3DS XL Screen Screws Up and Device Freezes

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
Years
  • Hello,
    I've recently been experiencing problems with my 3ds XL and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice/suggestions regarding a pretty huge problem I'm having. So what happens is, I'm using my DS and no matter what i'm playing/looking at, whether it be the ORAS demo, Pokemon X, or even my homescreen, the screens get messed up (like somebody is crinkling up a piece of paper), quickly becomes black, and then immediately freezes leading me to restart my system.
    I don't know if it was because of a recent software update, or the fact that I downloaded the demo for ORAS (those are the only new recent things I've done) but this has never happened before.
    I surfed the web for help but I really only found temporary solutions or people suggesting I just send it in for repair, which I may have to do.
    I would just like to know what you guys think. :) Hope you can help, thanks!

Years
  • I'm not sure if this is a late reply by now, but if you're seeing your screen flicker like that, then it's something physical with the unit. The only thing I can suggest for you is to send it into Nintendo and have them look at it.

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this is a late reply by now, but if you're seeing your screen flicker like that, then it's something physical with the unit. The only thing I can suggest for you is to send it into Nintendo and have them look at it.

Thanks for the reply~
    It doesn't flicker necessarily, it's more like it just crashes. But it does seem like it would be the unit either way, I'll see what I can do. :)

Back