• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#4 - Pixel Art of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Pixel Art of the Week!​
    Welcome to PAOTW #4
    Every week, Scarf, myself, Ben. and Logiedan will scour the Pixel Art forum for great new pixel art and shortlist five of the newest pieces. Then, we'll post the list and let you vote! The winner will get the pride of having a PAOTW Winner, and if you win ten times, you'll get a shiny new emblem as well~ :D

Previous Winners
    Aquanasprite.png

iaza13349333006800.gif

iaza13349310189000.gif
    This Week's Shortlist
    iaza13349344340200.gif
    The Rules
    • Don't vote for yourself.
    • A piece of art can only win once, however artists can win numerous times (only receiving one emblem, though).
    • When voting, you MUST include a valid reason why. It would also be appreciated if you included the pixel art in your post.
    • Pixels in the Showcase will also be shortlisted, however simple edits (recolours, fusions, etc.) will not apply.
    • It's a lighthearted competition. It's only for fun. So chill out and have fun~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    For me it had to be metalflygon08's sprite. It has a few mistakes here and there but it's the most clean sprite of the week in my opinion. The shading is rather presentable and the overall feel of the sprite is sleek and clean.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Oh man. Why had I not noticed this before? D:

Anyway while all of it is good (substantially better than mine!) the one that sticks out to me the most is metalflygon08's Flygon. It's really bold and the posing was done in a really cool way, I think. I also think for the most part it was shaded rather well.

In reference to the actual thread, I think it would be cool if you could link the previous winners to the competition that they won in. Partially because I'm too lazy to go find them, but...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    So I'm gonna put my vote in for PapaLuLu27's's piece.

iaza13349377819100.gif

It's drawn well, has a nice style and makes excellent use of a small palette.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    iaza13349350731800.gif

I think I'll go for dinosaurodon's Jaybi. It's simple yet appealing, and sprited well. The main reason I prefer it to metalflygon's Flygon is mainly because I prefer smaller sprites and I find smaller sprites to look smoother and cleaner compared to large ones.

-♪

Years
  • I think for this week the winner is clear,
    Congratulations to metalflygon08's Flygon!
    iaza13349312239000.gif

The next contest will be posted presently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back