• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4 reasons why Pokemon Z version is sure to come out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    I've been seeing different reasons why people think Z version should come out, and since I think/hope that it will, I've compiled a list of the main points. So here they are!

#1. It would make sense for the games to be called X, Y and Z, since they are the first main-series 3D Pokemon games.

#2. Xerneas, and Yvetal are shaped like an X and Y, both start with X and Y, and are the main legys for X and Y versions, respectively. Zygarde is shaped like a Z, and starts with Z, so why can't there be Pokemon Z version.

#3. Xerneas and Yvetal are based on the Deer and Bird that live on Yggdrasil in Nordic Mythology. They are called the Life and Destruction Pokemon because the Deer and Bird represented opposing sides, and were always fighting. But there was a third animal, a serpent, that kept the balance between them. Zygarde is a serpent, and is called the Order Pokemon. Makes sense.

#4. This one is pretty simple, but Nintendo has always released a third game. Yellow to Red/Blue, Crystal to Gold/Silver, Emerald to Ruby/Sapphire, and Platinum to Diamond/Pearl. One could argue that that they didn't release a Pokemon Grey to go with Black/White. but really? Would you have bought a game called Pokemon Grey Version?

That's all folks. Feel free to agree or argue with me, or add new reasons why you think Pokemon Z Version is sure to come out.

~MasterOfMagikarp

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • One could argue that that they didn't release a Pokemon Grey to go with Black/White. but really? Would you have bought a game called Pokemon Grey Version?
    I would. =p Heck, there was Blue and Red, maybe a bit 'nicer' than Grey but it's not that bad.

Also, they never had to call it Grey had they not gone the B2W2 route. Case in point, nearly everyone expected a Pokemon Opal to follow Diamond and Pearl. When Platinum was announced people even called the news fake at first until it was confirmed just because the name was different. :V

I think a Z will probably happen btw. Hopefully it's more polished/has more stuff to do post-game than X&Y. But right now I'll just enjoy ORAS and worry about other games down the track. I'll also add that people were saying RSE remakes had to happen too, and they did - just a gen later.

Years
  • Aside from some very obvious arguments and some very idk-what-to-say-ones (who'd buy Pokemon Grey? Cmon, seriously), this is pretty relative since this can be applied to every generation and is purely up to Gamefreak or whoever is deciding.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    That there will be at least one more installment this generation is probably a given. It brings in the money and is pretty well received by the fans. It's also cheap to produce, normally.

Your evidence for a Pokemon 'Z' isn't really anything. It follows the same reasoning behind the names for the last several generations.
    It's possible that because GameFreak has subverted our expectations for so long on the name of third installments that they might decide on a Pokemon Z. But there's no reason to make the assumption it will be Z.

It could be 2X and 2Y or X² and Y² just as easily. Who knows, maybe they'll really throw us for a loop and do a prequel called 1/X and 1/Y or X-1 and Y-1 (Pronounced X Inverse and Y Inverse.)

I'm still hoping for a Pokemon O. It fits in with the axis naming, with 'O' meaning 'origin,' as well as maintaining the DNA theme (Since there is such a thing as an 'O' chromosome in some humans.) It could also tie in to Primal Reversion. Heck, it'd still work as a name for a prequel. I'd still like to see them have the events from ORAS cause Zygarde's 'true power' to awaken and cause interesting stuff to happen in Kalos.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • It makes sense, and has a likely chance to happen, seeing as how releases end up like this:

Main games for generation -> remakes -> third version, or a variant of that, maybe even sequels, seeing as how much positive reception B/W2 got with its release. The whole Pokemon Gray/3rd version to B/W not happening makes me feel as if Game Freak will surprise us even further with something else, maybe something like what cyanosis said, with prequels of some sort. I'm sure something of the like will happen, seeing as Game Freak probably won't rush to a new generation so quickly in my opinion, but who knows? They might skip it altogether, or give us something else. I just can't be sure right now ;_;

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Case in point, nearly everyone expected a Pokemon Opal to follow Diamond and Pearl. When Platinum was announced people even called the news fake at first until it was confirmed just because the name was different. :V

The funny thing about this is, in G2 the first two installments were metals, then the third one was a gem.
    Then in G4, it's the opposite; first two are gems and they make the third one a metal.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    I would. =p Heck, there was Blue and Red, maybe a bit 'nicer' than Grey but it's not that bad.

Also, they never had to call it Grey had they not gone the B2W2 route. Case in point, nearly everyone expected a Pokemon Opal to follow Diamond and Pearl. When Platinum was announced people even called the news fake at first until it was confirmed just because the name was different. :V

I think a Z will probably happen btw. Hopefully it's more polished/has more stuff to do post-game than X&Y. But right now I'll just enjoy ORAS and worry about other games down the track. I'll also add that people were saying RSE remakes had to happen too, and they did - just a gen later.

But it's all in the marketing. If you had never played pokemon before, would you get a game called grey (or gray) version? Waaay too derp sounding.

Ammako

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    What's so different between Gr(e|a)y and, say Pokémon Red Version?
    Or Pokémon Blue version? Or even Pokémon Black or Pokémon White version?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Not always, and for a long time now.

Actually, it's Blue to Red/Green. Yellow was just an anime tie-in.

Technically, your right. But that was in Japan, and here in the States most people consider Yellow to be the "third" game. Because there were no special Legy's in Blue/Red, there was no real need for a third game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    What's so different between Gr(e|a)y and, say Pokémon Red Version?
    Or Pokémon Blue version? Or even Pokémon Black or Pokémon White version?

Red/Blue are forgiven for being new, and coming out when the gaming community was still fledgling. Black/White are pretty cool sounding in my opinion, while Gra/ey is not. Just my opinion.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I've been seeing different reasons why people think Z version should come out, and since I think/hope that it will, I've compiled a list of the main points. So here they are!

#1. It would make sense for the games to be called X, Y and Z, since they are the first main-series 3D Pokemon games.

#2. Xerneas, and Yvetal are shaped like an X and Y, both start with X and Y, and are the main legys for X and Y versions, respectively. Zygarde is shaped like a Z, and starts with Z, so why can't there be Pokemon Z version.

#3. Xerneas and Yvetal are based on the Deer and Bird that live on Yggdrasil in Nordic Mythology. They are called the Life and Destruction Pokemon because the Deer and Bird represented opposing sides, and were always fighting. But there was a third animal, a serpent, that kept the balance between them. Zygarde is a serpent, and is called the Order Pokemon. Makes sense.

#4. This one is pretty simple, but Nintendo has always released a third game. Yellow to Red/Blue, Crystal to Gold/Silver, Emerald to Ruby/Sapphire, and Platinum to Diamond/Pearl. One could argue that that they didn't release a Pokemon Grey to go with Black/White. but really? Would you have bought a game called Pokemon Grey Version?

That's all folks. Feel free to agree or argue with me, or add new reasons why you think Pokemon Z Version is sure to come out.

~MasterOfMagikarp

We know Game Freak like their mega duos (Mewtwo, Charizard...) so I wouldn't put Pokemon X2/Y2 out of the running just yet. :p As some people have said though, some of the arguments are pretty weak, despite that I do agree that we will most likely still get (a) third version(s).

Years
  • But it's all in the marketing. If you had never played pokemon before, would you get a game called grey (or gray) version? Waaay too derp sounding.

I would. That has nothing to do with the games. If Grey is a bad name, I guess adding "2" to Black/White, or putting only a LETTER ("X"/"Y") was supposed to be?

Pokemon Grey. The emphasis is on the "Pokemon". It's what sells the game. Replace Grey with almost anything and it will be sold, replace "pokemon" with anything and it loses the point. The only reason Grey sounds derp (which is also rather subjective) is cos it was never released.

Ammako

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Red/Blue are forgiven for being new, and coming out when the gaming community was still fledgling. Black/White are pretty cool sounding in my opinion, while Gra/ey is not. Just my opinion.

If you have *never* played Pokémon before, then be it Red/Blue or Gr(e|a)y it would feel like it's a completely new franchise to you. ~_~

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    I would. That has nothing to do with the games. If Grey is a bad name, I guess adding "2" to Black/White, or putting only a LETTER ("X"/"Y") was supposed to be?

Pokemon Grey. The emphasis is on the "Pokemon". It's what sells the game. Replace Grey with almost anything and it will be sold, replace "pokemon" with anything and it loses the point. The only reason Grey sounds derp (which is also rather subjective) is cos it was never released.

It's a shame they used up Silver, because that sounds cooler then Grey.

Years
  • It's a shame they used up Silver, because that sounds cooler then Grey.

Yes, such a stupid idea, I mean since the first game is gold (being metal), silver (also metal) doesnt make any sense. Obviously it should have been Pokemon Stone or Pokemon Dirt.

And Of course, since Pokemon Black and White named after colors, it would only make sense to make a sequel cold after a metal, Silver, right?

Am I doing this right? ugh.

lmao, cooler?, seriously, what.are.you.we.even.talking.about.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Yes, such a stupid idea, I mean since the first game is gold (being metal), silver (also metal) doesnt make any sense. Obviously it should have been Pokemon Stone or Pokemon Dirt.

And Of course, since Pokemon Black and White named after colors, it would only make sense to make a sequel cold after a metal, Silver, right?

Am I doing this right? ugh.

lmao, cooler?, seriously, what.are.you.we.even.talking.about.

Technically, both Gold and Silver are colors. But why are we even talking about this? That's not even the point of the thread.

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
    Years
  • I've been seeing different reasons why people think Z version should come out, and since I think/hope that it will, I've compiled a list of the main points. So here they are!

~MasterOfMagikarp
    If they make a Pokemon Z version I genuinely believe it will be the most underwhelming "third version" the series has ever had.

Zygarde was a tragically awful legendary. I'm sorry, it just was.

Back