• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Exclusive Mimikyu Z-Move Announced

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Mimikyu is getting a new Z-Move! What do you expect from this?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Of course they give a new fan favorite a Z move. As if the thing wasn't already good enough battle. Non gen 7/gen 1 exclusive Z moves when?

pkmin3033

I say again: some proper news about actual new content that will have a significant impact on the games and truly differentiate them from the originals would be most welcome. We've had some, but at least 75% of the USUM news has been related to Z-Moves, which are, frankly, a broken and uniniteresting gimmick that trivialise the entire game.

...enough with the new Z-Moves already. Show us some more UBs, or some new features, or some story-related content, or SOMETHING interesting, for crying out loud.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    I say again: some proper news about actual new content that will have a significant impact on the games and truly differentiate them from the originals would be most welcome. We've had some, but at least 75% of the USUM news has been related to Z-Moves, which are, frankly, a broken and uniniteresting gimmick that trivialise the entire game.

...enough with the new Z-Moves already. Show us some more UBs, or some new features, or some story-related content, or SOMETHING interesting, for crying out loud.

we got all of that in last 2 weeks trailers?

pkmin3033

we got all of that in last 2 weeks trailers?
    I am aware of this, but that's the sort of thing I want to see more of, not useless and unexciting Z-Move filler. I don't expect them to reveal everything, but I feel - or I hope - that there is a lot they have not touched upon and this last month would be better spent covering that than more boring Z-Moves.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I am aware of this, but that's the sort of thing I want to see more of, not useless and unexciting Z-Move filler. I don't expect them to reveal everything, but I feel - or I hope - that there is a lot they have not touched upon and this last month would be better spent covering that than more boring Z-Moves.

So you want GF to give you 100% of game's plot?
    OK.

pkmin3033

So you want GF to give you 100% of game's plot?
    OK.

I don't expect them to reveal everything

srcstc.gif

Next time, read my posts properly, yeah?

User19sq

If Mimikyu's exclusive Z-move isn't an insta-kill, then it's not as scary as it was presented.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    srcstc.gif

Next time, read my posts properly, yeah?

and yet here you are whining about lack of plot related reveals when so far we have information about Necrozma's role in the story as well as the fact that ultra wormhole will play a bigger role than sun and Moon. As well as the introduction of a new team who seems to have relevance to Ultra Space.

what more would you want?

Years
  • am I the only person that feels like there's zero point in complaining about this?

if you like Z-moves and/or Mimikyu, great! this works out in your favour. if not, move along, this doesn't affect your gameplay experience literally whatsoever. This news item isn't directed towards you, it's directed towards fans of Mimikyu.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    am I the only person that feels like there's zero point in complaining about this?

if you like Z-moves and/or Mimikyu, great! this works out in your favour. if not, move along, this doesn't affect your gameplay experience literally whatsoever. This news item isn't directed towards you, it's directed towards fans of Mimikyu.

^ exactly and considering Z-moves are a thing for Gen 7... it is obvious that GF will promote the hell out of it. Kinda like what they did in gen 6 with mega evolutions.

As for me... my favourite pokemon is mimikyu and I am glad that our badass adorable ghost/fairy is going to have its own Z-move!

pkmin3033

and yet here you are whining about lack of plot related reveals when so far we have information about Necrozma's role in the story as well as the fact that ultra wormhole will play a bigger role than sun and Moon. As well as the introduction of a new team who seems to have relevance to Ultra Space.

what more would you want?
    Something more interesting than Z-Moves, whatever that might be? More details about other gameplay features? Some more information about these new NPCs? And, before you jump on me again, that is hardly "100% of the plot" so kindly stop being ridiculously hyperbolic.

I simply expressed my displeasure that they keep on giving us news about Z-Moves which, in my opinion, are not interesting. That is hardly "whining" or anything of the sort. Don't like it? Don't read it. Although you evidently didn't, since you completely misinterpreted my points simply because you didn't agree with me. Who between the two of us is really "whining" here?

Honestly. Responding to you is clearly a waste of my time, since you didn't bother reading my last post properly.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Something more interesting than Z-Moves, whatever that might be? More details about other gameplay features? Some more information about these new NPCs? And, before you jump on me again, that is hardly "100% of the plot" so kindly stop being ridiculously hyperbolic.

I simply expressed my displeasure that they keep on giving us news about Z-Moves which, in my opinion, are not interesting. That is hardly "whining" or anything of the sort. Don't like it? Don't read it. Although you evidently didn't, since you completely misinterpreted my points simply because you didn't agree with me. Who between the two of us is really "whining" here?

Honestly. Responding to you is clearly a waste of my time, since you didn't bother reading my last post properly.

what other details? and what new NPCs? If you are referring to the new team then you can't really reveal more without spoiling. I do believe we learned much about plot as we can for now.

and what did you expect GF to do with Z-moves? eat it?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I am not much of a fan of Mimikyu since it's ability annoys me. A new z move for it is okay i guess. I wonder what effects it would have?

Back