• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Niantic announce battles coming to Pokémon GO

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I wonder if there will be a rework to the battle system for this? I mean the current one kinda... sucks, so I hope so.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wonder if there will be a rework to the battle system for this? I mean the current one kinda... sucks, so I hope so.

Same. I'd be good with it either way really, but I do hope they change it up so it's a bit more than just button (screen?) mashing, at least for trainer battles, even if they leave gym/raid battles as they are.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    oh wow
    If they make this into a fair, perhaps turn based system, it might actually make it fun to play GO again :3 (for people like me who never were very interested in the gym battle style they have now)

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Not interested. Battling is my least favourite part of Pokémon and I play Go solely for the collecting part of the game. Never done a raid or put a Pokémon in a gym or anything other than catching, evolving and hatching.

Back