• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Detective Pikachu Review (no spoilers)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Written by EnglishALT (3DJapan on Discord)! They got to see it in Japan and kindly wrote this review.

(If you have a review of your own on the film we can publish it too! Let someone on the Daily team know.)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Goood, this actually made me more excited to see it! I was hoping it would be amazingly done, and not just stupid humor. ;0;

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I have to disagree with Lucy's character overreacting. Honestly, I've known people that behave like that. Showing their feelings, reacting strongly to happiness or sadness. I think it contrasted well with Tim who was, well, very let-down and depressed. The villains, well, that I guess I can agree, sort of. But overall, it was a great movie!

Years
  • Now that I've finally seen the movie, I agree with your review overall! In general I loved it and would definitely be interested in seeing it again if I knew people who were going. Pikachu was adorable and seeing all the Pokémon brought to life gave me so much joy.

Lucy's character did feel a bit childish and 'Spy Kids'-esque as was mentioned, but thinking on it now I think it's because the pacing of the entire film was so fast (my biggest issue personally) that I felt I couldn't get to know the characters as much as I would have liked. Something like this would have been perfect being broken up into a three-part movie series, to give us more time to understand and bond with each character. I get Darkmaster006's point above but am not surprised being thrown right to a character with such exaggerated personality traits was exhausting.

Still loved it though!

Back