• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: The Pokemon Core Series Regions- Ranked!

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
So a few weeks back I thought it would be pretty fun to rank all the regions of the Pokemon universe (main-series games only) based on different criteria such as the evil organizations, how fun it is to explore, the in-game story, etc.

Well, with the help of Bobandbill, Aldo, Sheep, and a number of other awesome people, I finally did it! It's not perfect, but I tried to make the best rendition I could, staying impartial all throughout.

Happy Reading!

Last edited:
Years
Really interesting rankings. I'd probably rank Kanto near the bottom too, as nostalgic and heart-warming as it is, and with how often I replay the games lol. Unova also deserves the love. <3 Great job on this!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I think I can actually agree with your list! I really love Johto and Unova a lot; though I do have a soft spot for Kanto too, it didn't really have much to offer compared to the other regions.

Years
I still like Kalos a lot more, sinc it is the most perfectionist country and the best place for romance stuff (of course, Kalos is based on France too).

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Really interesting rankings. I'd probably rank Kanto near the bottom too, as nostalgic and heart-warming as it is, and with how often I replay the games lol. Unova also deserves the love. <3 Great job on this!
Thanks! I worked really hard on it! Kanto is also one of my favourite regions to play through, simply because of how simple and fresh it is. But when it comes to individaul ranking with my nostalgia goggles off, it drops down to the bottom of my list.

I think I can actually agree with your list! I really love Johto and Unova a lot; though I do have a soft spot for Kanto too, it didn't really have much to offer compared to the other regions.
Yeah, same here!

I still like Kalos a lot more, sinc it is the most perfectionist country and the best place for romance stuff (of course, Kalos is based on France too).
Kalos is of course an absolutely gorgeous region, but all things considered, it's quite lacking. That's just my opinion though.

Years
Great read and can agree with most of it johto was the best region and offered way more than any of the other regions so especially with the ability to go back to kanto and gain 16 badges, but I feel kanto was one of the better regions purely down to the fact it didn't need legends to make the region interesting and the first two regions had an edge to it with rivals like Blue and Silver, I don't think any other region had that and gradually got softer and softer.

For me it would be
1. Johto
2. Kanto
3. Heonn
4. Unova (B2W2 Version)
5. Sinnoh
6. Alola (Trials instead of gym was tedious but Necrozma was awesome)
7. Kalos

Other than that great analysis of the games

Back