• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Number play in Sword and Shield's gym uniforms

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I wrote an article on the hidden meanings in the numbers used for the gym challengers and leaders in Galar. Each one is actually a pun!

Do you think they're a good match for the characters?

Years
  • I love this!! Def learned new things when reading, doubt I would've given their numbers much thought otherwise. A++ would love more of these types of articles again

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • How about the DLC Characters: Avery's 026 and Klara's 881?
    Oh, good call, I wrote this a couple weeks ago and didn't even think to check the new characters' numbers. :)

Avery = 026 = otsumu = intelligence
    Klara = 881 = yabai = dangerous

I'll add them to the list!

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
    Years
  • since we're talking about goroawase (Japanese number puns; similar to l3375p34k).
    315 comes to mind. In goroawase it means saiko, meaning the best.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    Hello, I'm trying to select a uniform number. If possible can someone translate this word "Ohitsujiza" into numbers. The word means Aries. Aries translate into japanese Ohitsujiza. Since most uniform numbers are names in disguise. That why I trying to get as close as I can.

Back