• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: VGC 2020 events cancelled

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • In an unsurprising turn of events, the remainder of future events for VGC this year have been put on hold until the next season, with all invitations and Championship Points being put forward to 2021.

Following a move put forward earlier this month where the European International Championships have been cancelled, this is most likely a result of health concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic. What are your thoughts on this?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Not surprising since if they would've kept it going, people would've thought they were insane.

Hopefully they have a safe one next year.

Years
  • Personally I think they made the right move. Right now it is no where near a safe enviorment for events such as this and who will know when it will be safe for the forseable future. Heres hopeing that if the championships again next year have to be cancelled either because a vaccine still has not been found or the state of the world after the pandemic economic and social wise that they will be able to find a way to have the championship safely

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • Personally I think they made the right move. Right now it is no where near a safe enviorment for events such as this and who will know when it will be safe for the forseable future. Heres hopeing that if the championships again next year have to be cancelled either because a vaccine still has not been found or the state of the world after the pandemic economic and social wise that they will be able to find a way to have the championship safely

Hard agree. It sucks to see events we wanted go away for now, but the alternative is much worse. And if I'm honest, I think the fact that we're all pitching in and giving up some stuff is... kind of refreshing. We're all in this together, I like that we're acting like it.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I was expecting this but it is still a little heartbroken to hear that it got cancelled.

Back