• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Evolutions in HGSS pre-National Dex?

I hope yes, but not too soon. I wouldn't like to pwn all pokemons with Magnezone, Tangrowth or Ambipoms before even the 5th badge. They'll make those moves that make level up some pokemons to be learned after, and that Pokemon that evolves at Mt. Cront, don't evolve or eveolve in a cave after at least the 6th badge (ice path, Victory Road, not Mt. Silver, don't be cruel gamefreak!)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I hope yes, but not too soon. I wouldn't like to pwn all pokemons with Magnezone, Tangrowth or Ambipoms before even the 5th badge. They'll make those moves that make level up some pokemons to be learned after, and that Pokemon that evolves at Mt. Cront, don't evolve or eveolve in a cave after at least the 6th badge (ice path, Victory Road, not Mt. Silver, don't be cruel gamefreak!)

If that were to happen, then...The game wouldn't be right to be called a remake, it would be more of an entirely new Johto. The new Pokémon should only be obtained after the National Dex, or else the game really wouldn't feel right. It would be more new evolution on teams and such,

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think that Pokemon that don't require something special to evolve and that were introduced in later generations could be put within pre-national dex game.

Chances are though, they'll block them off until after you beat the E4 or receive the national dex.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I hope they don't have any. Like I said many times, they should leave it for the next generation. It wouldn't feel like a remake if we had new evolutions in it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I strongly think they might stick to the mysterious blocked evolutions like they did in FRLG. It makes sense to do and will keep the game closer to its older originals.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It would only make sense to block them until after the Elite Four. It'll make the remakes feel more like a remake.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I wouldn't mind if they did... I'd really like to use a Weavile to be a part of my E4 team. They probably won't though.

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    FR/LG =/= HG/SS

I think they'll add it to the dex.
    HG/SS looks way hi-tech and improved, even compared
    to platinum, so I think the dex-size could be expanded.
    Besides, what's the point of removing pokemon.. I mean,
    FR/LG was Gen 3, this is Gen 4. Also, Ruby/Sapphire allowed
    the evolution of Golbat, so you never know. I think it's
    a 50/50 chance, really. You never know what they'll decide,
    But i doubt that "No evolution" is the higher choice.
    Wrong, these are remakes and are retaining the authenticity of the old games, not polluting them with new Pokemon. I know very well what they'll decide, and you can quote me on this when the time comes.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    most likely they are going to block them until you get the national dex. but if you did get one of the 3rd or 4th gen pokemon before the numbers will be replaced with question marks just like if you get a pokemon not in the sinnoh dex thats what it would have

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    If you try to evolve Golbat into Crobat in FR/LG, the evolution is immediately stopped until you beat the League, get 60 pokémon in your dex, and talk to Prof Oak to get the National Dex.

My guess? You'll have to do this as well, with the difference you'll need to practically beat Kanto to get to Pallet and talk to Prof. Oak here.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they block them then it keeps the game more of a remake.

If you try to evolve Golbat into Crobat in FR/LG, the evolution is immediately stopped until you beat the League, get 60 pokémon in your dex, and talk to Prof Oak to get the National Dex.

My guess? You'll have to do this as well, with the difference you'll need to practically beat Kanto to get to Pallet and talk to Prof. Oak here.

If not this then they'll make you probably see all the Pokémon included in the Johto Dex first, like they did in DPPt. Which will probably lead to adding more trainers with more or different Pokémon in the Johto.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Maybe some will evolve before the Elite Four but then again they might just block it. To me it'll only feel like a remake if they block it until after the Elite.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    HG/SS evolutions

do you think you will be able to evolve say a yanma or sneasel if you catch one or any poke with a new evo?

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    I agre with SL, you'll probably have to get the National Dex before you can get a Yanmega or a Weavile.
    Which will be a little frustrating for me since I love Weavile. But I'll deal :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Yeah, like that'll happen. It's a legendary pokemon, and has had the closest thing to an evolution of all the legends! (Shadow Lugia) Besides, Ho-oh's way better.
    Ho-Oh isn't better, though the Legendary beasts are. Lugia's evolution really needs some face-value in this remake.

Back