• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rain Dance Team

Dragon_Reborn

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    This is my first attempt at a 4th gen Rain Dance team.This is the current team I have planned for my HeartGold version.Feel free to make changes/comments/etc.

Crobat@Damp Rock
    Ability:Inner Focus
    Nature:Jolly
    EV's:104 HP / 152 Def / 252 Spe
    -U-Turn
    -Hypnosis
    -Rain Dance
    -Taunt
    Crobat is a excellent lead for a rain dance team.Due to his high speed,he can easily set up Rain Dance for the team.His high speed also allows him to Taunt the opposing lead pokemon from setting up Stealth Rock.Crobat can use Hypnosis to cause sleep for 2-5 turns for easy set up or easier sweeping.U-Turn makes a great damaging free switch out move.

Kingdra@Life Orb
    Ability:Swift Swim
    Nature:Rash
    EV's:208 Atk / 136 SpA / 164 Spe
    -Waterfall
    -Rain Dance
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hydro Pump
    Kingdra is great mixed sweeper.Hydro Pump can deal with any physical based pokemon that Waterfall can't deal with.Kingdra can use Draco Meteor to deal with grass types that give rain dance teams problems.Due to his bulk,Kingdra can also set up Rain Dance if needed.

Kabutops@Life Orb
    Nature:Adamant
    EV's:32 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 204 Spe
    -Waterfall
    -Swords Dance
    -Stone Edge
    -Aqua Jet
    Kabutops is a great physical sweeper.Swords Dance is vital for Kabutops to become a effective sweeper.After a Swords Dance or 2,he can start to sweep away with Waterfall and Stone Edge.Aqua Jet give Kabutops the ability to revenge kill pokemon.

Ludicolo@Life Orb
    Nature:Modest
    EV's:60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
    -Surf
    -Rain Dance
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot/Energy Ball
    Ludicolo is a great special sweeper pokemon and bulky water counter.Surf is your typical water sweeping move.Ludicolo's Grass Knot helps the team drastically from being walled by bulky waters.I also thought about Energy Ball from preventing Vaporeon from walling.Ice Beam helps against dragon types.Due to Ludicolo's special bulk,he can set up Rain Dance as well if needed.

Rotom-W@Damp Rock
    Ability:Levitate
    Nature:Modest
    EV's:252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    -Hydro Pump
    -Rain Dance
    -Thunder
    -Shadow Ball
    Rotom-W makes a great Thunder abuser and take electric attacks for the team.Hydro Pump destorys any physical based pokemon.Under Rain Dance,Rotom-W can fire off Thunder's effectively.Shadow Ball hits things like Celebi or Starmie from sweeping.

Scizor@Choice Band
    Ability:Technician
    Nature:Adamant
    EV's:248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    -U-Turn
    -Brick Break
    -Bullet Punch
    -Pursuit
    Scizor is a amazing physical sweeper.Under rain,Scizor's only weakness is reduced to 2x.Scizor's main purpose to deal with auto weather pokemon such as Tyranitar and Abomasnow from ruining Rain Dance.Bullet Punch helps take down Tyranitar and Abomasnow effectively.Brick Break can help deal with Magnezone that could sweep rain dance teams.Pursuit would help against Gengar.

What do you think?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Seems like an amazingly well thought out team; especially love the use of Scissor - not sure most people would've thought of that! Only possible criticism I'd make is that some of the EVs could use a little rethinking. I'd suggest Kingdra, Ludicolo and Kabutops should all be made into one type of fighter and should have all the EVs put into the according stats; it seems like a waste using both at once and if all three are focussed properly it'll be easy to take down most opponents. Thunder also doesn't come up enough (although how many of them can learn it I'm not sure of..) All in all, a very formidable team.

Back