• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5TH GENERATION ANNOUNCED: POKEMON WHITE/BLACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Yea I posted the trailer on my youtube account lol The new characters: Black and white

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Oh... naming a character Black... oh well. They've been giving protagonists real names lately anyway.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I LOVE those names! Black and White. We're back to basics. I was a little worried that they'd try to take it too far. Gold and Silver...Ruby and Sapphire...Diamond and Pearl...how much further could they go with that pattern?

I dunno, maybe it's because I live in Canada, but the racial overtones never even crossed my mind. XD If you think about it, America isn't really their target demographic. Japan doesn't have to worry about **** like this.

Years
    hmm interesting. finally back to colors. although im split down the middle for which one to look at.. whyd it have to be white and black? its times like these having a mixed descent stinks..

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Pretty bad name IMO. It'll stir up racial wars lol. And the names are a bit plain. white? black? meh... I geuss it's not to bad. Anyway I'll be choosing which ever has cool looking exclusives. Can't wait!

EDIT: Changed my mind (like a minute after I posted) Anyway, Black and white are cool names! ahem... yes anyway....

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I think I'll have to get both games, can't decide which one is better.
    And everybodies 'it's gonna start racism' has got me thinking, maybe we could pick the ethnicity of our protagonist, seeing as though everyone isn't one skin tone. I think it'd be cool to play like the olive skinned pokenerd I am.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Get both versions or your racist. Worst names ever for pokemon 5th gen i think.

I agree. Unfortunately, 80% of humans are idiots and will view it in a racist fashion :s I guess this wouldn't be the first time Nintendo's introduced controversial material.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    I LOVE those names! Black and White. We're back to basics. I was a little worried that they'd try to take it too far. Gold and Silver...Ruby and Sapphire...Diamond and Pearl...how much further could they go with that pattern?

I dunno, maybe it's because I live in Canada, but the racial overtones never even crossed my mind. XD If you think about it, America isn't really their target demographic. Japan doesn't have to worry about **** like this.
    well nintendo used an organ and then a stone. Call me crazy but I think Nintendo wemt crazy when HeartGold came out, an organ and then a stone seriously Nintendo?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol! I can see issues with the order in which the titles are said... White and Black or Black and White! XP Anyway, I saw this coming a while ago. I couldn't believe it when I heard the names. I'm so excited for this. This is the perfect opportunity to mature the franchise a bit and maybe introduce the Light type finally.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    "Light" type?

So all those signatures about hating people talking about the "Light" type... those people weren't crazy and imagining fanboys/girls who want a type like that?

:s /didn't-know-such-fandom-existed

Light-type would be resistant to pretty much everything except Dark types; it would also inflict neutral damage on every type, and be super effective against Dark-type Pokemon.

Following that pattern, the "Light" type would be uber, and I think we have enough types as it is. Adding a "Light" type won't improve the series; it's just jumbling it up with the same, repetitive ideas again.

I'd preferably not want a "Light" type in Pokemon; it boarders on Holiness, and a Pokemon cannot be Holy. They're more demonic than anything, hence the name "Pocket monsters". A Light-type "monster" would be a bit bizarre.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    I think it's too soon, i haven't got 100% used to the new ones, i don't want more "new" of them this year, i wish they extend the realease date to 2011.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    well nintendo used an organ and then a stone. Call me crazy but I think Nintendo wemt crazy when HeartGold came out, an organ and then a stone seriously Nintendo?

Heart in Heartgold wasn't about the organ, hence why it's counterpart was SoulSilver, not KidneySilver.

I actually like these new names. I think the simple Black and White show that maybe they're considering a return to what made Pokémon great - let's face it, Red and Blue aren't exactly 'original' names.

And anybody who's already crying racism really needs to chill out.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    yay! :D white and black. sure there will be 'some' people out there going
    "GADS I DON'T WANT WHITE/BLACK THATS JUST LIKE GADS" xD oh well
    anyway I'm quite glad to be back to colors, but HG/SS only just got released in the UK. How are going to cope with this XP

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Black and white?
    huh?

Well in like 10,20 years time
    Well look back at these to games
    and then turn on our new consoles
    and
    play
    the REMAKE xD

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Black and White feels a more.. mature-way. The word to describe it better just slipped outta my head.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Black and White feels a more.. mature-way. The word to describe it better just slipped outta my head.

I agree, and hopefully people will be more mature and not shout racism at two colours.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2017
    Whit and Black, uh oh. Wasn't a Megaman game name changed from Megaman Battle Network 3 Black to Blue? Hopefully nothing will happen like this. Will be going with White version none the less.

Yeah, perhaps a chess union will claim white and black -_-'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back