• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th generation confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
    There'll more than likely be a 5th gen, because the series is still profitable. Whether it's the older audiences that have been around since the beginning, or the newer fans, there is still enough interest in Pokemon that the chances of a 5th gen are very likely.

I'm not really quite sure what to expect with the 5th gen, or what I'd even like to see at this point. I didn't like the 4th gen games at all, or many of the Pokemon for that matter, but there is still the diehard in me that wants more. Whether I'll actually buy any of the newer games this time around anyones guess, though. I bought Diamond when it came out; needless to say, it doesn't get much playing time anymore, and is basically a collectors piece now.

Even despite that, I still look forward to the next set of games. I always do. =P

Pretty much my thoughts, Diamond was good but Pokemon lost it's real appeal after Pokemon Crystal, for me anyway. R/S/E again were good games but not quite the same. They were also a slight step backwards since it had gone from 2 regions back down to 1. There comes a point when they can't add any more, I hope that the 5th generation can spark new life in it because recently the games have been going backwards.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    YEah sprucing up the 5th gen might help out I agree.....I just hope the pokemon can be a little mre original than having to be more extra evos for older pokemon...IMO
    But anyway, I heard that next saturday the new pokemon should be revealed am I right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    How about cross breeding pokemon next gen. A Charizard and a Typloshion root and have a baby, there's a new pokemon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    How about cross breeding pokemon next gen. A Charizard and a Typloshion root and have a baby, there's a new pokemon.

I do not think they will EVER do that in pokemon...it'll make things too confusing and exploit the number of pokemon...instead of a mere 600 for the least we'll be talking over thousands...!!! I'd rather not go to cross breeeding...

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Wow, 5th generation already...to imagine that I was only 10 years old when Pokemon came to america...and now.....ugh..I feel old

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I'm really sorry, but I just can't resist on this one.
    You mean like this? 8D
    5th generation confirmed

But honestly, crossbreeding wouldn't be possible with current egg groups and the number of pokemon. The number of species would rocket to thousands before we knew it. The only way to include some crossbreeding to the games would mean making a separate game with limited amount of Pokemon and egg groups.

I hope the next gen will be good, better than 4th gen at least. Hopefully they will reveal the mysterious pokemon at the end of this week~ I can't wait. ^^

Years
    No. Crossbreeding is a bad idea given the amount of Pokemon that already exist, and the amount that probably will exist by the time the 5th gen is done and released (somewhere between 600-700 sounds right). Crossbreeding would just shoot that up in the mid-thousands. Plus, I can see some really, really bad designs coming out of it; something we don't need more of, considering all the forgettable Pokemon that we got in the 4th gen.

The only crossbreeding that sounds even somewhat reasonable would be between a Nidoking and a Nidoqueen, thereby forming a new member to the Nidoran family. But even that is debateable; you'd figure that if a Nidoking and Nidoqueen breed together, you'd just get one of either a male or a female Nidoran.

Years
    Look at the stupid post.Unless it turns yellow....

If you are talking about mine
    *high five at the cool comeback*

Lol, when are they gonna run out of precious metals to call them after
    *10 years later*
    Boy: OMG!!11! I JUST GOT POKEMANZ COPPER!!!!
    Other boy: OMG!!11! I JUST GOT PKEMANZ ALUMINIUM

Yeah, anyway

Can't wait to see the new pokemon, i hope they don't ruin some more pokes with terrible evos *lols in abipoms face*

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Hopefully they add more evolutions to poor UU and outclassed Pokémon that need it like
    Mightyena
    Ariados
    Raticate
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Sandslash
    Ninetales (this one is ok but an evolution could be cool)
    Parasect
    Venomoth (an evolution to this Pokemon could be very useful)
    Persian
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Farfetch'd (This one needs 2 more evolutions)
    Dewgong
    Hypno
    Marowak
    Seaking

And a lot more. Many of the UUs don't need an evolution maybe they just need some adjustments to their base stats.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm feeling a legendary evolution coming on...

I feel this too. They have already tempered with Manaphy in this way. I also feel like there will be alot of pissed pokemon fans in the next gen but I will be happy.

Years
    I feel this too. They have already tempered with Manaphy in this way. I also feel like there will be alot of pissed pokemon fans in the next gen but I will be happy.

Me too, I'd love a legendary Evo, such as Jirachi or Celebi. Or for the big guys, make up a powerd-up Dialga or something, like Dragonoid from Bakugan, rather than have Dialga --> Bidoof.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    If they make a legendary Evo, then it won't be a legendary anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back