• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation of Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Something I don't think people have mentioned... would be the fact that to date, new Generations of Pokemon have only come out on new platforms.

R/B/(G)/Y - GameBoy.
    G/S/C - Though only Crystal was an official GBC game of this Generation, we can pretty much call them all GameBoy Color games.
    R/S/E - GameBoy Advance; this naturally not including the remakes of R/B/G.
    D/P/P - DS; going by last Generation, some form of remake may happen, before they move onto the next hand-held console, but not likely.

Speculation shouldn't really start with "Will they make another Generation of Pokemon?" but with "What new hand-held console will Nintendo cook up, next?"

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
    I won't be satisfied untill there's at least 1000 Pokemon and every Pokemon has at least 3 stages of evolution, unless it's a Legendary or has alternative forms!

There's bound to be a 5th gen, I just hope it's more interesting than the 4th gen.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I'm honestly not sure about whether or not there will be a fifth generation of Pokémon, mostly for the following two reasons:

1). Why would they create the God of all Pokémon and continue with a new batch of creatures? To me (and a lot of other people, I have to admit), Arceus signified the end of Pokémon. Not the franchise of course, but new additions of Pocket Monsters to it.

2). If there were going to be new Pokémon created, would they not just show off some new ones and promote the fifth generation by making a minority of them available in the new Platinum version? I know that if I was in control of the franchise, that would definitely look like the strongest marketing scheme, anyways. Instead, fourth generation Pokémon are getting alternate forms. Does that or does that not also signify that Pokémon has come to an end?

If there is going to be a fifth generation of Pokémon and I'm not saying I want one (in fact, I would be extremely happy without one. If they made an evolution/pre-evolution of Farfetch'd or any other Pokémon from the golden era, I would boycott the franchise completely), the game as we know it needs to change. No, I don't mean that it needs to be improved. We already have enhanced graphics and a great battle system with Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, I mean that Pokémon needs to go in a completely new direction regarding the games. I'm pretty sure that nearly everyone is getting bored of being a trainer, going out, winning gym badges, taking on an evil organisation, saving the world and becoming the Pokémon champion. Maybe making the game 3-D is the right direction, I don't know, all I know is that the games have to change.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure a fifth generation would be an epic fail. Of course, just because no one likes it doesn't mean they won't receive a fortune for making the same old games with minor changes. Pokémon is a goldmine and it's going to stay that way for a very long time.

How does Arceus signify the end? What logical connection is there to the end of pokemon there? In otherwords how does A imply B in this situation? Seriously, there is absolutely no logic in that.

As for them showing new pokemon in Platinum, of course they wouldn't do that, because THEY'VE NEVER DONE THAT! Seriously, why would you think that them not doing that is a sign that there's no 5th gen, when they've never done that before? New forms does absolutely nothing to signify the end. Why would you think that?

It may be epic fail for you, but it won't show in the sales. You can write that one down.

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
    I would also love a GSC remake for the DS. That would be awesome, and a great filler between Platinum and... 5th gen, which as someone mentioned, will probably begin on nintendo's next handheld, if it follows tradition anyway.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I know they base the regions on actual regions in Japan, but I don't understand why people seem to think that they are incapable of doing otherwise. People always say "when they run out of regions to base it on..." etc, as if they don't have an ounce of creativity enough to come up with something on their own.

dialga493

Dragon Master
    Years
    They should have a 5th generation and here what I think should happen....

1. New evolutions for Evee
    2. They should spice up the Starter list i mean Why should we always hav Fire water and grass mak it..... Eletric, Flying and DRAGON
    3. Gyms with 2 types (ex. Water and Elertic gym)
    4. Um well thats all i can think of....

+Golden Weavile+

Ev Trainer / Iv Breeder
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    Id Like To See What Powerful Sweeper They Are Going To Invent Now
    Past Sweapers Dragonite-Tyranitar-Salamence-Garchomp

Glaceon_

Years
    3. Gyms with 2 types (ex. Water and Elertic gym)

Lengthening the elite Four Challenge would be a good idea; making it more like a Pokemon League to challenge the Elite Four, and such. (example, Battle Dome of Emerald and Crystal Colosseum of PBR) Gyms of two types already happen, as it is, so they wouldn't be needed too much. (examples being Rock/Ground, Rock/Steel, Psychic/Rock... funnily enough, all my examples include Rocks... heheh...)

How does Arceus signify the end? What logical connection is there to the end of pokemon there? In otherwords how does A imply B in this situation? Seriously, there is absolutely no logic in that.

That's one thing that kind of bugs me about people who say that Arceus is the GOD of all Pokemon. If we went by the logic of that, they should never have gone past R/B/Y, because Mew was described to be related to each and every single Pokemon, through its DNA. If you think about it, that somewhat amounts to some sort of Deity status, if you consider the "evidence" people use with Arceus.

As for them showing new pokemon in Platinum, of course they wouldn't do that, because THEY'VE NEVER DONE THAT! Seriously, why would you think that them not doing that is a sign that there's no 5th gen, when they've never done that before? New forms does absolutely nothing to signify the end. Why would you think that?

The only time they have done something like show new (Next-Gen) Pokemon in a game, pre-Generation, is through XD: Gale of Darkness; so if anything, there may be a slim chance they do the same with Generation V, if they make another Pokemon game for the Wii. But they definitely wouldn't have shown any new Pokemon in their main series games. Never have done and probably never will; as you said.

Past Sweapers Dragonite-Tyranitar-Salamence-Garchomp

You may as well have said "What kind of super-Awesome Dragon-type they think of next," since all your examples equate to that of the four "Dragon" Pokemon of the Four Generations. The only exception being Tyranitar, due to the fact that its part-Dark; not part-Dragon.

I actually thought for a while that Tyranitar was Rock/Ground; right up until it returned to the games, in Diamond/Pearl. (at least for me; I didn't get Colosseum until after I got Diamond, and actually still haven't trained one)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Has anyone ever played the monster rancher game for the playstation one.
    well you bassically have a ranch of monsters and you train them by doing little drills,well i would like to see that in a pokemon game.
    I know that they have one like it that you can download for the Wii,but you have to pay for it.but what i mean is you should be able train one pokemon at a time then enter them in a contest where they battle another pokemon,and who ever get the most wins,should earn money to buy supplies.that's generally what happens on monster rancher,but there aren't any pokemon.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    All generations are EXACTLY the same:
    A ledgendary trio
    Professor (insert tree here)
    Starters that are Grass/Fire/Water
    Team (Insert something dumb and/or obvious to evil plans here)
    Gym leaders
    STUPID ELITE 4
    A Battle Tower
    Aboslutely lame pokemon based on inanimite objects (like a fridge, an apple, a cardboard box, nails)
    a pre-evolution or evolution of an existing pokemon
    a pokemon with multiple forms (spelled formes)
    Pokemon based on already existing Pokemon
    Dual typed Flying Pokemon (when WILL they have a PURE flying type?)
    A Normal/flying typed bird caught early in the game
    An annoying rodent that pops up everywhere (something like THAT ACURSED BIDOOF!!!!!!!!)
    A Pikachu clone (like Pachirisu or Plusle/Minun)
    Ledgendary Pokemon as version mascots (duh!)
    Games called something like Pokemon (insert some dumb mineral or metal that has absolutely nothing to do with the plot here) Version
    ANOTHER FREAKING EEVEELUTION!!!!!!!
    A worthless fish (like Magikrap) that evolves into a powerhouse
    Overused Pokemon (Abra line, Magikrap line, Machop line, Pikachu line (duh), Goldeen line (goldeen sucks, SEAKING PWNS), Clefary or Jigglypuff line)

Last edited:

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    Of course they would make a 5th generation, like some people have stated before me they are improving old pokemon, etc. So I think It would be very stupid for them not too make a 5th generation.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I love the addition of new Pokemon, really.

The more choice the better, I can't imagine a world without Abomasnow now!

To be honest though, I wish they'd stop using the same 1st gen Pokemon at the start of every game over and over again.

**** you Zubat I like my caves without screeching tyvm.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I doubt that they will make new Pokemon for the 5th generation. Everyone is pissed off on how many Pokemon there are already. Personally, I don't understand why this is such a big deal. That is why they put a Pokedex in the game. You don't need to memorize them all...

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Years
    All generations are EXACTLY the same:
    A ledgendary trio
    Starters that are Grass/Fire/Water
    a pre-evolution or evolution of an existing pokemon
    a pokemon with multiple forms (spelled formes)
    Dual typed Flying Pokemon (when WILL they have a PURE flying type?)
    A Normal/flying typed bird caught early in the game
    A Pikachu clone (like Pachirisu or Plusle/Minun)
    Ledgendary Pokemon as version mascots (duh!)
    Games called something like Pokemon (insert some dumb mineral or metal that has absolutely nothing to do with the plot here) Version
    ANOTHER FREAKING EEVEELUTION!!!!!!!

You say those things like they're bad things... and for the record, R/S/E (Generation III) didn't have a set of Eeveelutions, and though not a direct cause to the problem, the Hoenn series of games sucked, in my opinion. Overhyped Pokemon, Mudkip, (prefer its evolution; Swampert) a very limited area to boost levels... and they even destroyed that further, in Emerald; (I ended up trading to my Colosseum file, so I could boost some levels, for crying out loud) Though the levelling was my major issue, the lack of Eeveelutions didn't help my confidence in the Region. (since I'm a massive Eevee fan)

I agree that they need to do something with the Pokemon League/Elite Four, though... it is definitely getting repetitive, and I think they should do something like combining some of the efforts they use in their other games. (League Table, (see Magma Colisseum in PBR) which leads to "tree" Table, (see Battle Dome from Emerald and/or Crystal Colisseum from PBR) which leads to challenging the Elite Four)

To be honest though, I wish they'd stop using the same 1st gen Pokemon at the start of every game over and over again.

**** you Zubat I like my caves without screeching tyvm.

Completely agreed... Zubat really freak me out, whenever I come across them... and they're really abundant in D/P/P... o_o;

I doubt that they will make new Pokemon for the 5th generation. Everyone is pissed off on how many Pokemon there are already. Personally, I don't understand why this is such a big deal. That is why they put a Pokedex in the game. You don't need to memorize them all...

Completely agreed. (with the part I made bold) What's the problem with having more Pokemon? Less original ideas? Well yeah... its obvious that after a while, there aren't going to be a huge number of ideas to use, but damn, have you seen our wildlife, in real life? I don't see people complaining that there's too much of that...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Oh, I'm completely confident Gamefreak and Nintendo will be making a fifth generation of games. I mean, Pokémon is just too much of a "cash cow" not to continue! When we really think about just how many aspects of the franchise there are currently: video games, trading cards, anime, plushies, action figures, board games, even entire stores; we, as simple consumers without ample knowledge of franchise markets, can see that it would be an incredibly bad idea for Gamefreak and Nintendo to cease production, both from their end and ours.

I believe that Gamefreak and Nintendo can, and will, come up with a new generation for us all to play. Personally, I believe they may take a few more years than usual to create a new pair of games that will trump Diamond and Pearl, but I am quite certain the will eventually been in our obsessed hands. As it's been said, the Super Mario Bros. and Zelda series are still going strong and look how many years we have been enjoying them. They have been around longer than most of us have been alive!

They have a whole entire world to base regions on and they have only thus far done Japan. Perhaps they only wish to keep the games located within the "Land of the Rising Sun," but if they so wish they could spread to other nations or quite possibly start creating places on their own.
    (They do, however; still have quite a bit of land mass still to be used in Japan...)

Pokémon has achieved universal stardom. People all over the darn world know what a Pikachu is and I really don't think Nintendo will ever give that up. Truthfully, I don't think the series will see an end even when Satoshi Tajiri passes on. I theorize that by the time this happens, a new generation of Gamefreak employees will take center stage.

As long as people continue to buy the Pokémon franchise up, the creators will keep feeding it to us. ;D

eevee00

Prof Oak's Aide
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    What will be new in the 5th generation?

The title kindof explains itself really, I'd like to hear what people think will be new in the next generation.

I'd like to see the time of year come into play, for example, there is a high chance of snow and hailstorms during winter, and strong sunlight in summer. This could also cause certain Pokemon to go into hibernation in winter and some that can only be seen during spring, this will help increase the number of cacthable Pokemon in the game without the routes being too overcrowded with Pokemon.

Another thing, different people appear at different times of the day, nobody stands in the same spot 24/7.

It would be nice to hear other peoples ideas so feel free to add yours =]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back